Awesome scale R/C glider video...

sf4JC

This video is for you Don, not sure where the R/C section of the SOAR Forums went to. The video takes place at some sort of glider regatta, very impressive the amount of gliders video'd there. Most of the gliders you will probably recognize from those that Wolfgang has modeled in Microsoft Flight Simulator through the years. Very impressive, and I think I saw one of the pilots using XCSoar with a glider somehow.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I was there, you see my mug at 0:54 through the picture, my small DG1000 at 1:43 (it IS small compatred to what else is there) and my large (10.60 m wingspan) Nimbus4 at 2:38 piloted by my co pilot David on this flight.

Interlaken is a MUST for scale glider pilots!!!!

Regarding the crash. You see padis Röhnlärche. It is huge!!! But you really see how huge that thing is, if I tell you that the other plane was a Duo Discus with 8 meters wingspan! Padis new project is a 1:1.3 scale K6 in wich he sat already. One of the best model plane builders I know.

http://flyhard.ch/ba...cr-2011-06.html

Best regards, Joachim

Awesome stuff! I miss my R/C days, it's been nearly 20 years since flying one, but I still held out hope for a few more years doing research and collecting magazines and such. Over the summer I was finally willing to depart with a couple of the aircraft that I had acquired throughout the years. It almost brought me to tears. Ahhh, Good Times they were back then. Still have a whole shelf or two of R/C related Magazines and books, one badly beaten up "trophy" glider that I started out with (the one that I did a lot of solo training with when no one was around to help), and one 2m glider that was never finished building.

Hey, thanks for your input on this post. IF I am ever in Europe, that will definitely be on my list of things to do for a few days.

Scott

Archived