Add-on airports

well today i got Lugano Airport it was ment i would have had Hamburg but i just think this airport looked nice and it realy trick place to land...

But what i wan´t to say is a small advise as things looked nice at day but at night some objects seemed to be dark and i found that it was cause of HDR rendering was not ON. I could se in the manual it had to be on but i realy dis like turnig that on as it hits the FPS so hard its no fun, thats why its off as x-plane is hard to run smoth.. lower the settigs is no option as then whats left in the sim to be shown as i already run whit relatively low settings..

So my advise for futher projects is to keep it limited whit HDR renderings as light effects and suck its up to the end user but buildings and objects that is dark in night time is no joy so im a bit diserpointed as it looks nice at night already whit it off just missing the buildings and objects..

Thats my big whish for other projects and is why i think would there also be this kind of problems whit Hamburg ?

But els it looks nice. I attached the picture of the problem and then some for other to show how it looks in general ..

Best regards L.N.

post-32482-0-46094800-1351791328_thumb.j

post-32482-0-19950900-1351791345_thumb.p

post-32482-0-31057300-1351791388_thumb.j

post-32482-0-27097900-1351791944_thumb.j

post-32482-0-25146000-1351791952_thumb.j

• Administrator

Hello L.N.,

you are right. The night lighting of the apron works only with HDR on. The reason are the 3D lighting. This feature illuminates not only the apron, but the aircraft... too.

This works only with HDR on. Laminar works on HDR to make it better für lower graphics...

What you can do is to lower the clouds (10 - 20 %) and to avoid global shadow. Set this to 3D on Aircraft for example.

And the "world distance" to medium... So the scenery ist good and HDR shall work better with good frames...

In Hamburg we have the same, but we have hamburg programmed with a better framerate...

Greets

Heinz

well that was sad new, as yes lower settigs would help but not an option as then there is nothing left in souroundigs + lowering weather it is already low so in general settigs are already quite low.. just sad it should be so. and about the 3d lights that seems odd as the rest of the buildings are lighted up whit that option off.. so a compromise could be to include 2 options when instaling as this would be a reason i leav x-plane again as yes i want the best / fair visual but when the sim runs like a old Slide show... when using the HDR renderings its no fun.. as whit the settigs i use now it looks far from FSX visuals already as it needs so much resorses that there is no way to run whit high settings... clouds down to 10-20 thats no option as that is to low i have tryeid that before but whit the latest update i was able to run at 40% whitch is stil low but runs whit out a single lag whit HDR rendering off..

so thats basicly it from me for now i hope it would be better whit the time.. so im unhappy that it might be the same whit Hamburg. X-plane isen´t gona be a hit this way, (hard to get FSX users interested eaven that it runs more stable than FSX) im sorry but its how i feel..

• Administrator

Hello KAPTEJNLN,

i can understand you. But in X-Plane 10.10r3 (or now Beta 10.11...) the difference between the HDR on or off shall be not so big, as you write (.. slideshow...).

With newer grafic cards (not high end) HDR works with good framerates and middle rendering options. The difference is with an ATI Radeon HD5770 (1GB) about 5 frames per sec.

With a GTX 670, HDR is no problem: about 35 FPS with high rendering options.

What you say is right: It will be better with the time. But X-Plane 10 takes advantage of modern grafic technology, and that is a good way i think.

Greets

Heinz

well just as a note i have some of the newer hardware.. beter than required ASUS GTX560 Ti.. and the rest is as well as i changsed at the start of this year.. but 1 factor i think might cause a small amound of lag is the Hard disk i have 2 sdd Disk for my other system and when goeing to them i saw a little diference in FSX but i never got high FPS in FSX it just runs smoother... but expensive to get 1 more

but as 1 guy i know said to me thats in this hardware buisnes if you just have 1 component that dosent comunicate well or can follow the rest of the system it would down grate your system and it´s not because of old hardware it could be new as well... but i never overclock my system... so that you can run it at that pfs lucky for you i can´t whit HDR renderings on only whit off and that runs much grater than 35 fps..

as a update i found that if you run the sim in windowed mode as i did until now you get lower fps lag more then if you run whit setting set to run in full screen in the settings but stil not that good its still have lag that is iritating so it was just a update on the supject that you can release a bit of memory that way..

• Administrator

Yes, thats right. I run the simulator in windowed mode. Sized to the full screen. So i can use some other applications at the same time on the other monitors...

With a good grafic card with enough video-ram that works fine. There is only a litte bit diffenrence in the fps....

If you have big differences in fps between window-mode full size and window mode smaller size, than it can be an indicator, that the grafic is at the limit with the rendering options...

Greets

Archived