Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Anyone at AS available for support during Christmas in case that Airbus X Extended ...? Just a thought ^_^

Hopefully servers will not be down for 2-3 days :D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone at AS available for support during Christmas in case that Airbus X Extended ...? Just a thought ^_^

Would like to hear your answer if your boss asked you to be available for support during Christmas time... :glare_s:

Would like to hear your answer if your boss asked you to be available for support during Christmas time... :glare_s:

My boss does not have to ask me, I am a shift worker... December 21/22 days December 23/24 nights. The next shift relieves me Dec 25 and I don't hear anyone complain. Next year I get to work right through the holidays, my wife also works shift and she finishes the day after I do, it's a fact of life sometimes.

You didn't get the idea, that's why probably I got -1.

But I think Mathijs knows about what I am speaking about (as he is Project manager of this project).

• Aerosoft

Oh we expect some server issues, no way to have an affordable infrastructure that can handle a burst like that.

And all beta testers will be helping out with support. it is a very tight group of people.

If the release will be on 21st of December, I think the mass of enthusiast customers and the consequent crash of AS server can cause the end of the world and a big black hole that will destroy the Earth :hahaha_s:

Oh we expect some server issues, no way to have an affordable infrastructure that can handle a burst like that.

And all beta testers will be helping out with support. it is a very tight group of people.

Thanks Mathijs for your feedback.

• Aerosoft

If the release will be on 21st of December, I think the mass of enthusiast customers and the consequent crash of AS server can cause the end of the world and a big black hole that will destroy the Earth :hahaha_s:

We will for sure use the end of the world as an excuse for a server overload. We plan for everything.

Guest AlitaliaAirbus

then it is highly possible release later this week?

I wanted to know: win 7 + fsx

win 8 + prepa3d

what is the difference in fps between one and the other (of course with the same systems)

• Aerosoft

then it is highly possible release later this week?

I wanted to know: win 7 + fsx

win 8 + prepa3d

what is the difference in fps between one and the other (of course with the same systems)

With the same things loaded the win8/P3D combination will be about 10% faster and a lot smoother.

I'm just charge my Paypal account from my bank account whit 50€, doing a subscrition in JetBlue Virtual airlines, ready to download many their liveries from simtexture.de and doing a lot of flight in this holiday!!!

It just might be...

You know sometimes it's best living on the East coast of the US because when I check (as I do daily) most of the information regarding release has been pretty much settle for the day. Thanks Mathijs

Hi,

Two quick questions

Will Airbus X liveries work with the Extended?

I've read the paint kit will come with the Extended download (thanks!) - will it be a complicated process like PMDG's, where you have to mess about with cutting out templates and stuff, or will there simply be .DDS files of a nice plain metal/white Airbus and you can easily just paint over them in Photoshop?

Thanks!

Alex Jones

Hi,

Two quick questions

Will Airbus X liveries work with the Extended?

I've read the paint kit will come with the Extended download (thanks!) - will it be a complicated process like PMDG's, where you have to mess about with cutting out templates and stuff, or will there simply be .DDS files of a nice plain metal/white Airbus and you can easily just paint over them in Photoshop?

Thanks!

Alex Jones

Hi Alex,

I can answer your first question. Yes, they will.

However files will needed to be overwritten so the correct VC textures and other textures which have changed appear correctly. The extended repaints available in the downloads section have a folder name "Airbus X Extended files", and these 10 or so files need to be copied into the old Airbus X livery folder. When you, the user, allows these old files to be replaced/overwritten by the new ones the livery will work perfect and appear beautifully in the sim.

In regards to the 2nd question I can't help as I am useless when it comes to repainting aircraft!

.....and i think that we must let the time that aerosoft need to release this plane.....

What else do you think you could do ? lol.... no file on server .... no download. so you have to wait till the world goes down :lightbulb_s::help_s:

Greetings

Klaus

Archived