Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the pitch trim wheel is animated and is one tool, you will use to set the correct and calculated pitch trim for takeoff.

I was under the impression Airbuses did not need this, as they constantly auto-trim themselves.

Was I wrong?

I was under the impression Airbuses did not need this, as they constantly auto-trim themselves.

Was I wrong?

You are correct. Partially. You still have to trim for Takeoff, only inflight(and 50ft RAand above) is auto trim active.

You mean RAAS? A version of the FS2Crew RAAS Professional locked to the Airbus X Extended is included in this product.

ok, included? so for the same price, we have FS2Crew for Airbus X? cool!

So there is the RAAS! :excellenttext_s:

sorry, i find a video so my question was stupid --'

ok, included? so for the same price, we have FS2Crew for Airbus X? cool!

Please do not confuse FS2Crew airline crew simulation with the FS2Crew RAAS here. You do not get the airline crew simulation you're used to from, say the NGX. But Aerosoft includes a copilot themselves so you won't be alone in the cockpit ;)

(...) But Aerosoft includes a copilot themselves so you won't be alone in the cockpit ;)

Eh ... really? What's that feature all about? Can it be turned off? Not a big fan of things like that, to be honest.

Eh ... really? What's that feature all about? Can it be turned off? Not a big fan of things like that, to be honest.

It is about the same as the aircraft. We're trying to simulate the captain's job here and therefore the copilot is of a great use. But if you don't like him you can easily turn him off.

It is about the same as the aircraft. We're trying to simulate the captain's job here and therefore the copilot is of a great use. But if you don't like him you can easily turn him off.

Good! Thanks for your answer.

• Aerosoft

Sure, we made sure that all the 'features' can be enabled and disabled. Here some images of how that is done.

post-43-0-23091800-1355733780_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-48037100-1355733787_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-70149900-1355733789_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-79759600-1355733791_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-88656600-1355733793_thumb.jpg

A little bit off topic. I can't access the forum with taptalk, anyone has this problem too? By the way, also have the feeling the bus will be released today :)

One week to Xtmas, is still time to buy someone a present.

Regards,

Galaio

A little bit off topic. I can't access the forum with taptalk, anyone has this problem too? By the way, also have the feeling the bus will be released today :)

One week to Xtmas, is still time to buy someone a present.

Regards,

Galaio

I believe 'Webtech' has experienced issues with regards to TapaTalk... Don't know, if they solved themselves or wither it's working again.

Currently I'm not using TapaTalk. :)

Perhaps someone else can be of more help.

Hi Mathijs, is the altitude 'Vertical Deviation' feature available in the Extended version?

Brgds

Vertical Deviation (magenta)

This symbol appears next to the altitude corresponding to the theoretical vertical profile

computed by the FMGC. It is displayed from the top of descent down to the MAP altitude.

The pilot can read the VDEV directly from the altitude scale. The range is ±500 ft. When the

VDEV value exceeds ±500 ft, the symbol stays at the range limit and the PROG page displays

the exact value.

Archived