Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Ahh... okay... I didn't catch that. That could be what he meant? I just thought that he meant they would be to busy preparing the release :)

yeah.. they would be busy to prepare the installer and put the final touch... it was kind of a joke what I said about the plane thing :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Ahh... okay... I didn't catch that. That could be what he meant? I just thought that he meant they would be to busy preparing the release :)

To be honest, I have been pushing everybody so hard I told most of the people involved to get some family time this weekend. Not only do we keep the code to stabilize a bit, we also need to take care that devs do not burn out before release. Many have been working for weeks without a single day off. On Monday we'll see what's up.

Just to let people know that you should not expect a lot of news here this weekend.

i guess release is already prepared and this weekend all of the team are going to celebrate the good work and the last quiet days. lol - Have fun if I am right!!

To be honest, I have been pushing everybody so hard I told most of the people involved to get some family time this weekend. Not only do we keep the code to stabilize a bit, we also need to take care that devs do not burn out before release. Many have been working for weeks without a single day off. On Monday we'll see what's up.

Ahh okay! A (very) well deserved break! Understandable...

Have a great weekend, Mathijs! (And of course everybody else on the team!)

I find! You say that... (so if i had understand, there isn't Terrain or Weather radar...)

We thought about this. Again. We did so last time and decided it was not worth the effort. See FSX only has weather on the location where the aircraft is. 10 meters ahead of the aircraft there cannot be rain, snow or bad visibility. So a weather radar that only sees precipitation in front of the aircraft can use many sources but if it would use data that actually exists in FSX it would never show anything. What we call weather radar in FSX is a graphic representation of what possibly could be there.

Nothing wrong with that, but I rather have the lower costs and better fps. I personally have it in a few aircraft and I often tested it. Just fly towards the area the weather radar tells you to avoid. Then you know what is real. If you find a weather radar that works in FSX I will change my ideas with pleasure. I remember us talking to the devs at MS when they were working on FSX. We asked them so many time to allow us access to where FSX shows thunderclouds etc. But so far... nothing.

hello, I have a quick question I know that in the original Airbus X there was a problem with the flex temp setting, meaning if you set the flex temp in the FMC the plane would take to long to get the appropriate speed for takeoff, and sometimes run off the end of the runway. In the Extended edition is this problem been fixed?

regards,

welchb21

At a high altitude like FL300+ a descentrate of 3500fpm is certanly possible. Even the slippery 737 will be able to do it up that high.

Your problem is that you don´t read carefully the two posts. Mathijs and you should read carefully, very carefully.

Jaap has already done it.

Miquel.

• Aerosoft

hello, I have a quick question I know that in the original Airbus X there was a problem with the flex temp setting, meaning if you set the flex temp in the FMC the plane would take to long to get the appropriate speed for takeoff, and sometimes run off the end of the runway. In the Extended edition is this problem been fixed?

regards,

welchb21

There is not a bit of code related to this that is the same between the two versions.

• Aerosoft

Your problem is that you don´t read carefully the two posts. Mathijs and you should read carefully, very carefully.

Jaap has already done it.

Miquel.

I did, we did. And I discussed the issue with Jaap yesterday in person. There is nothing wrong with the interpretation we gave it. You are reading something in the comments that it just not there.

Mathijs, have you added the "lufthansa.com" logo on the A321 livery? Just a little detail and it doesn't really matter as we have Holgi and his great repaints but it's something that should not be hard to fix.

Mathijs, have you added the "lufthansa.com" logo on the A321 livery? Just a little detail and it doesn't really matter as we have Holgi and his great repaints but it's something that should not be hard to fix.

As far as I know there are a lot of Lufthansa Repaints for the a321 and there is just one repaint without the logo but I think it has a second file with the logo. A kind of "update".

It is the follwoing Repaint:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/download/1558-airbus-a321-iae-lufthansa-d-aisr/

Guest AlitaliaAirbus

Sure for Christmas, but before end of world?

Confirmed, can I install new Win 8 + prepar3d only for new Airbus x exteded!!

in future is possible A319? like PMDG 737-600 and 737-700?

lol read the forum. A318/319/330 are already announced for the next year :)

Miguel

With regard to your 3,500 ft per min being very steep. The slower your ground speed the steeper it will be and of course the reverse is true. I have a video about Concorde where they select idle reverse on the two inner engines and are descending at over 5,000 ft per min. As Concorde had just gone subsonic at the time her ground speed was I think over 600 knots so the steepness of the descent would not have been as great as a plane flying with a ground speed of say 450 knots. Mind you the pressurisation system would have to keep up with that descent rate.

Regards

Nixon

Hi guys,

i don't know if this questions is already asked.

does the bus work with DX 10?

thanks for reply

Hi. Firstly, it is important to note that Aerosoft does not support DX10 and hence no consideration has been given to the Airbus X Extended's use in DX10.

That said, I have on several occasions used the Airbus X Extended in DX10 and it has worked fine with the exception of little squares around the NAV lights. This is the only exception I have found and I find it acceptable, particularly given that the issue is resolved if you turn the NAV lights off.

In my view the current Aerosoft AirbusX is the best available. I hope the new version makes it 'out-the-door' before Christmas, simply because the team (including Mathijs), deserve a festive break with the satisfaction of having completed the project. If it comes later, I'll keep flying the current AirbusX happily until the new version is ready to go.

Edit: oops, forgot to sign...

Kind Rgds,

Chris.

I hope the new version makes it 'out-the-door' before Christmas, simply because the team (including Mathijs), deserve a festive break with the satisfaction of having completed the project.

Kind Rgds,

Chris.

I think thats very well said Chris....End of!

Archived