Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Close to release! :excellenttext_s:

100%. If FSX runs, this will run. In fact we start to love Win8 for FSX.

XP was okay, Vista was problematic, Win7 was great, Win8 is better.

I have Vista :mecry_s: But PMDG 737, wilco, Captain sim, QualityWings, etc And Fsx work perfectly... will I have a problem with airbus X extended? :confused_s:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mathijs,

this airbus seems to get a great success. I have a couple of questions.

What things you will not get finished before the release but will be included in the service pack?

The performance of the IAE-Engine (146,8 KN) ist better than the cfm enginge (142,3 KN) for the A321 - is this simulated? A different sound pack for the different engines could be a good idea for the service pack. :-)

How will the FPA be activated? Never see this ins use. :-)

Do you know a joystick that is similar to original sidestick?

And last but not least - the a380 could be a good product for further development.

Thank you!!

Sorry, my English is not the best.

Hello Mathijs, first of all thanks for the anticipation on the A318/319, I'm really glad that Aerosoft has decided to develop the smaller members of the family.

Now, going back to the point, I'd like to know if You guys are planning to give the IAE engines their correct EPR indication on the ECAM in the future?

Another question I'd like to ask is about the versions: if we buy the FSX version will we be able to install it on P3D too or will they be separate version which we'll have to buy separately?? I'm asking because I'm planning to get P3D, but V2 of P3D is scheduled to be released in a few months time, so in the meantime I'll have to stick to FSX.

Kind regards

Alessandro

Hi Mathijs,

What things you will not get finished before the release but will be included in the service pack?

The performance of the IAE-Engine (146,8 KN) ist better than the cfm enginge (142,3 KN) for the A321 - is this simulated? A different sound pack for the different engines could be a good idea for the service pack. :-)

And last but not least - the a380 could be a good product for further development.

Thank you!!

As far as I know, only one soundpack is provided with the product... And I'm (to be quite honest) quite happy with that... Power difference between the two engine types is about 3%? Come on... is that really such a big deal? I understand that everything could be contributed to a certain level of 'realism'... but isn't this kinda nitpicking? (Maybe it's just me, hehe) :)

As other people have said in here - let Aerosoft release it, and (until then) hold off on new suggestions, tweaks, requests and complaints. Please?

So far, A318/A319 (and A330?) has been mentioned to be made... I guess it comes from, that it's twin-engine aircrafts so that reduces the workload with regards to systems etc...

Yes, it works. We can print out performance sheets with V speeds etc. On a few systems (2 of the 50 testers) we have issues though that we do not know how to fix, with more reports of problems with it a pattern will emerge for sure. Bit of a strange issue as it is just a txt file that is send to the printer queue. How that can go wrong???

Could be an issue with the print spooler service, it has to be running before anything can print.

What kind of teaching or training system will come with the airplane? Dont know nothing about Airbus aircrafts. My last try with an Airbus aircraft was the old company Pheonix Simulations. Would love to see AOA do a program, but not very happy with the approach they took on PMDG 737...

I had been checking the website for the release of the Airbus X Extended Edition and it is posted as "Expected Box-Release: 31.01.2012" something wrong with that date ?

Is there also going to be a purchase/download option ?

Besides that, so far what I had seen and read it looks like another great airplane from Aersoft, in advance congratulations and well done !

Happy Holidays.

I had been checking the website for the release of the Airbus X Extended Edition and it is posted as "Expected Box-Release: 31.01.2012" something wrong with that date ?

Besides that, so far what I had seen and read it looks like another great airplane from Aersoft, in advance congratulations and well done !

Juan,

That is for the boxed version which is released after the release of the download. The download should be out before December 31, 2012 but I have read that Mathijs is planning on doing support for the extended during Christmas, so it will not be long now.

jingle_bells_santa_letter.jpg

Yeeeesss

lol, but seriously think to get H100 instead H80.

And..... I really loved to offer to my pilots Airbus X Extended for Xmas. Of course, VA agreement!!!! SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

King Regards

Luiz Machado

TAM Virtual (www.tamvirtual.com.br - 8 y of IVAO/VATSIM)

BR-FOC (br-foc@ivao.aero)

lol, but seriously think to get H100 instead H80.

And..... I really loved to offer to my pilots Airbus X Extended for Xmas. Of course, VA agreement!!!! SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

King Regards

Luiz Machado

TAM Virtual (www.tamvirtual.com.br - 8 y of IVAO/VATSIM)

BR-FOC (br-foc@ivao.aero)

If his case is like mine (a Cooler Master Centurion 5), then the H100 won't fit in it! :(

If his case is like mine (a Cooler Master Centurion 5), then the H100 won't fit in it! :(

I also prefer and bought the H80... The H100 is too big and is even oversized for standard OC....

Happy Holidays.

Mathijs change the date of the box release this week because it used to say september 2012 which was the first schedule release, but apparently forgot to change the year, so it should be January 2013. For your second question, the X Extended is going to be release first as download and later in January as a Box version.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What kind of teaching or training system will come with the airplane? Dont know nothing about Airbus aircrafts. My last try with an Airbus aircraft was the old company Pheonix Simulations. Would love to see AOA do a program, but not very happy with the approach they took on PMDG 737...

Don't know what you mean by "training system", but there will be 7 documents covering this addon including a 64 page step-by-step tutorial, covering a complete flight from cold&dark to securing the aircraft.

'like most landings' so usually autoland is softer? 400 is pretty hard. I thought it might have been hard because of too much fuel (such a short circuit doesn't burn much fuel) but I could (barely) see at the end FOB is something like 42xx so that can't be it, I think.

So, I finally got some answer to my question from I don't know how many pages ago :)

Although, it is not clear if this was a fluke or if Autoland always slams the plane on the rwy. But as my personal guess about the release date has proven right (I guessed that the project manager has taken away the pressure from the team a long time ago by internally setting the release date to shortly before Xmas and thus giving them time to do a good job instead of chasing unrealistic deliveries in November) - I will be able to test it myself soon and will let you know :)

Really looking forward to replace that Wilco stuff....

And yes Mathijs please add the A318/319 AND be the first to bring out a decent A330/340 - by what I see so far you have a good base for that and I am sure many are waiting as eagerly for the bigger birds as they are waiting for the A320.

Thanks

Kosta

Goodday guys, i have a technical question on HDG knob selector.

If a heading is selected after pulling the selector, the airplane turns to the new heading in the direction the selector is turned?

• Aerosoft

Not wanting to be cheeky Mathijs - but I have been monitoring the progress for many months and when you have said you think it can be delivered by Christmas would that also include VA discount customers?

Yes the day we release we will contact all our VA's contact and will ask them how many discount codes they want. We can handle that fast so any delay will be while we wait for response from the VA.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, hope that your servers will be able to handle all purchase requests and downloads upon release of the product ;) I beleive that everyones cards are ready and downloads would at the same time :)

Will u set priority for download?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I am 100% sure there will be server issues, it is just not possible to have a server infrastructure that can handle an increase of 1000% without hickups. But we got 5 download servers so I think the issues will be shortlived.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, please allow me an off-topic and absurd question...

If you would have to guess a percentage: how much of the work done for Airbus X Extended (FSX) could easily be adapted to a X-Plane version and how much would probably have to be done from scratch?

Thanks for your reply,

Philipp

The modeling could be used (though it would have to be worked on a lot), but I think almost all of the coding will have to be redone.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you!!

• It's not that things are not finished, but rather that we'll keep on expanding.
  • We do have some differences in the engine modeling, but keep in mind that they are hidden behind the FADEC and a pilot would simply never know what engine was installed from it's performance.
  • FPA is triggered with the FPA/TRK button.
  • I know that there a few side sticks in development, we hope to have news on that soon.

• Aerosoft

There is a very extensive stepbystep manual that will show you most of the systems. Fly that a few times and you'll be ready to fly around. Then you slowly start to explore other functions.

Archived