Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Well, i just noticed today of the part 3.

I'm looking forward to this BUS, but one request :)

In an another topic, mathijs posted a pict of the sensitivity and null zone setting in FSX config menu, but Will it be possible to give a pict of the sensitivity and null zone range setting for X52 users that are using the software provided by saitek, thanks in advance

I don't use the Saitek software as I find it horrible, but this is how my X52 is set up in FSX. If the X52 is okay this will work fine. If it is getting older you might need to make a small null zone.

post-43-0-66835800-1351775007_thumb.jpg

...it's the display that has the problems. It's complex but step by step we are weeding out the incorrect datapoints. Right now work is progressing on arcs.

From the 4th picture in here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/58780-airbus-x-extended-preview-part-3-new-images-updated-features/page__st__280#entry416890

where the problem is evident, I have two questions:

1. How do you shape the curves:

a. Only parts of a cirle (eg no transition curves as clothoids)

b. The a mentioned above, combined with clothoid (Euler curves) parts, as done in railroad and highway curves

2. Which mathematical approach are you using to compute the points that should be displayed:

a. Analytical geometry (for example a circle is defined by all (x, y) points that make the following true -> x^2 + y^2 = R^2)

b. Linear algebra (matrices) (for example rotation matrices, and so on)

c. A combination of a+b

• Aerosoft

From the 4th picture in here:

http://forum.aerosof...280#entry416890

where the problem is evident, I have two questions:

1. How do you shape the curves:

a. Only parts of a cirle (eg no transition curves as clothoids)

b. The a mentioned above, combined with clothoid (Euler curves) parts, as done in railroad and highway curves

2. Which mathematical approach are you using to compute the points that should be displayed:

a. Analytical geometry (for example a circle is defined by all (x, y) points that make the following true -> x^2 + y^2 = R^2)

b. Linear algebra (matrices) (for example rotation matrices, and so on)

c. A combination of a+b

It actually has not a lot to do with any of that, but we'll handle it hud635jk. Don;t worry.

• Aerosoft

Almost brings everything included. If finally there is what could include SP1?.

Nope, we'll see what customers would like and what impact that has on fps. A high fps is really key for this project as we also like to sell nice scenery!

I know why Aerosoft don't Tell us the release Date and Time the Server / Servers will Crash with the load. Keep it a secret. One Day we will all own it.

I think they have fears on that score:)

First thing i´m going to do is trying to merge the Airbus X Extended with the Project Airbus A319 :) Flight dynamics won´t be on spot, but better than nothing :) This way, i can fly the A319, the A320, and the A321 :)

Please note that replies will be slow here for a few days as many people are traveling to Holland for the FSWeekend. I will be there and will demo the Airbus.

Nice, have fun! Will this get recorded? I would love to see it being demo'd.

Nope, we'll see what customers would like and what impact that has on fps.

So in this fact I think many users will get a terrain radar, me too. Maybe there is a way with moderate impact on frames.

...Aerosoft has the latest graphic technology so I think you'll have the most precise and less frames demanding terrain radar. :big_boss_s:

• Aerosoft

So in this fact I think many users will get a terrain radar, me too. Maybe there is a way with moderate impact on frames.

...Aerosoft has the latest graphic technology so I think you'll have the most precise and less frames demanding terrain radar. :big_boss_s:

Actually not, we are still governed by what is possible inside FSX and a terrain display means handling a large amount of data and to display that. We'll sure look at it again after we released. But no matter what, it will drop fps with 10 to 20%.

Archived