Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

How far does it pitch down on you, I flew the A320 UA this morning to Orlando & didn't notice it, too bad at all.. Infact had a pretty nice flight.. was a little rough in spots but that wasn't the plane but bumpy Air pockets..

Infact today was my first Flight in Airbus X.. Went pretty good for my first time out & not really knowing the aircraft that well.. I must say I was kinda lost at first with the MCDU or FMS when I'm mostly a Boeing Pilot & fly 737NG aircraft & 757's & use to the way the FMC works compared to FMS or MCDU which like backwards to me in ways.. However it went pretty good actually had a nice flight other than couple times I hit rough air...

What he is referring to was a bug that some users encountered with the Airbus X. That issue is completely resolved though in the Airbus X Extended.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... Nice pic, but ain`t there something wrong with the textures on the Sharklets? The bright brown field if i can call it that.

Your looking up at it from under neith the plane. Thats red just like the belly of the plane not Brown..

Great! My favourite Plane! Thank you Aerosoft!

By the way,is there a plan to add terrain radar?Even a weather radar?

No and no. A terrain radar in an Airbus in far more complex than in a Boeing (Just google some pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about) and Aerosoft descided you leave it out and give you the framerates it'll eat up as they're one of the most important part of the project.

Weather radar won't be included as it can't be simulated in a realistic way.

It's 100% the same, just limited to use in the Airbus X Extended. And that also means it only comes with the sound set that is used in Airbusses.

yes Mathjis, true. what I mean is the language sound set and not the sound set for Boeing or any other plane :)

this has been answered before. the weather radar and Terrain on ND are not included and will not be in the extended version.

No and no. A terrain radar in an Airbus in far more complex than in a Boeing (Just google some pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about) and Aerosoft descided you leave it out and give you the framerates it'll eat up as they're one of the most important part of the project.

Weather radar won't be included as it can't be simulated in a realistic way.

Interesting... How is the terrain-radar different in an Airbus than in a Boeing...?

I'm not interested that it's being added... you just had me curious...

I tried googleing it - but was unable to find any meaningful results... Now you had me wonderig... :)

For me it seems that the problems with ND are more related to the curves and graphics (gauge) implementation, probably doesn't allow enough flexibility in every situation, imply some limitations and not related to MCDU or F-PLN. But I could be wrong, of course.

In any case, it will be nice when this will be sorted out.

The ailerons and elevators on the other side always droop due to gravitation as they are not statically balanced, but mass balanced when hydraulic pressure is removed.

It's been an Airbus "feature" since the A300, so it would be great if this could be implemented in an update.

Yes, that was an issue we had when we implemented the drooping of the flight surfaces that was requested here. Now solved of course.

And what happens if you set hyd pressure on but both ELAC and SEC are off. Do the Ailerons go back to normal position?.

If not, don't worry guys I recon we can live without this 'realistic' feature and let it done for SP1

Interesting... How is the terrain-radar different in an Airbus than in a Boeing...?

I'm not interested that it's being added... you just had me curious...

I tried googleing it - but was unable to find any meaningful results... Now you had me wonderig... :)

The terrain map in the Airbus in far more precise about the exact shape of the terrain. You can imagine it almost as precise as google maps for example.

Just to mention it: A terrain "radar" isn't a real radar. It's just a map saved into the computer which can be displayed by clicking on the appropiate knob in the real aircraft. It does not scan the actual terrain outside and then display the results. (I just wanted to mention that as many people have this faulty believe.)

Yes, that was an issue we had when we implemented the drooping of the flight surfaces that was requested here. Now solved of course.

You did? Wow! Kudos to you and the team!

this has been answered before. the weather radar and Terrain on ND are not included and will not be in the extended version.

Did you read the post nearly an hour before yours before lurching in the fray? It only takes one person to answer the question. If people did this the thread wouldn't be nearly as long. Please look before you leap in future.

Did you read the post nearly an hour before yours before lurching in the fray? It only takes one person to answer the question. If people did this the thread wouldn't be nearly as long. Please look before you leap in future.

And if people wouldn't ask the same questions over and over again it would be even shorter and we could even still be in the first thread. Just to mention it^^

Well, i just noticed today of the part 3.

I'm looking forward to this BUS, but one request :)

In an another topic, mathijs posted a pict of the sensitivity and null zone setting in FSX config menu, but Will it be possible to give a pict of the sensitivity and null zone range setting for X52 users that are using the software provided by saitek, thanks in advance

Hello !

I have several questions :

Do all the mods on the FMA are modeled ?

Do the EPR indicators are modeled on the E/WD when we select the bus with IAE engines ? ( I think that has already been answered)

Do we have the little pink dot on the PFD that shows the descent path ? I've never seen any pictures of the PFD while in descent phase ^^

Does the Autopilot is fully modeled ?

I know all of these questions are about details but it's quite important to me :)

Regards

Hello !

Do the EPR indicators are modeled on the E/WD when we select the bus with IAE engines ? ( I think that has already been answered)

Do we have the little pink dot on the PFD that shows the descent path ? I've never seen any pictures of the PFD while in descent phase ^^

I know all of these questions are about details but it's quite important to me :)

Regards

Take some time to read the first topic of this thread!

• Aerosoft

A weather radar only when somebody finds a way to make it realistic and that seem impossible. FSX has no weather apart from there the aircraft it. A terrain radar is not impossible but eats FPS. We might look at that later, certainly not soon.

• Aerosoft

For me it seems that the problems with ND are more related to the curves and graphics (gauge) implementation, probably doesn't allow enough flexibility in every situation, imply some limitations and not related to MCDU or F-PLN. But I could be wrong, of course.

In any case, it will be nice when this will be sorted out.

The aircraft does indeed fly the correct route, it's the display that has the problems. It's complex but step by step we are weeding out the incorrect datapoints. Right now work is progressing on arcs.

Hello !

Regards

read all about it here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/518-faq/

Archived