Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot wait Jetblue all the way!

United/Continental all the way !! But I will be flying my share of JetBlue too when not flying United Airbus's.. lol :)

As well as working my new job too as ramp agent for United Airlines here in DTW... I will be loading a few of these Airbus's when not flying them the other times at home on FSX..

Absolutely and by far. FBW has been completely re-written, it's as smooth as silk, and that issue is long a thing of the past. You can use the search function with the past 2 topics to find answers to questions as well. If you can't find them though, feel free to ask more again here.

Thanks! I shall use the search function next time!

Question : How long does it take time to use all new fungtions of extended X? If it's very familiar with 737, 747 (PMDG)

Well, it depends on how you mean. In terms of learning the systems and functions, it will probably take a flight or two using the Step by Step tutorial, and thoroughly going through the manuals. Then another flight or two to mess around and see what you can and cannot do. Just like the NGX, once you do enough flights and enough MCDU programming, it becomes very quick and almost second-nature. One thing I've noticed is programming against the ADIRS alignment time (which as of now is set at 6 minutes). After a week or two of beginning testing, typically it will take about 3-4 minutes to get the 'cockpit preparation' checklist and MCDU programming done, even with a long/complex flightplan (if you do it enough, trust me, you can fly through it :lol: ).

Going through all the preparation, checklists, and all, from pre-flight (flight planning, fuel planning, weather), cold and dark load, gate pushback to takeoff, I'd say anywhere from 15-30 minutes, or longer depending on your familiarity with the systems and the programming of the systems to get yourself set up. Doing the step by step and doing your own flights afterwards you'll quickly notice the similarities to the speed in which you can accomplish all of this as compared to other mid to high end complex addon aircraft.

In addition, again, looking through the manuals to understand items such as the different AP modes, like Managed modes, OP CLB/DES, V/S, selected modes, and FPA/TRK, will take a little time to grasp and use appropriately, but is not that difficult, especially after practice. So, in all, it's quite relative to what you put in to it, but shouldn't take too long at all, and will still be a decent learning experience.

This is all just my opinion and observations, and hopefully I've helped to answer your question properly.

G'day

I would like to know if this new Airbus will have a better FMC than the aerosoft one thats out at this time. I have the Wilc# Airbus set and the FMC has SID's and STARS in it and can be updated. I had not had a aerosoft airbus before and i only got the other make after looking at the 2 in a youtube video about the FMC. I would love to get it if the FMC works a bit like Level-D or PMDG's ones. I dont want to have to enter every waypoint as per the video i seen of the older Airbus thats out.

Thanks Darryl

Well, it depends on how you mean. In terms of learning the systems and functions, it will probably take a flight or two using the Step by Step tutorial, and thoroughly going through the manuals. Then another flight or two to mess around and see what you can and cannot do. Just like the NGX, once you do enough flights and enough MCDU programming, it becomes very quick and almost second-nature. One thing I've noticed is programming against the ADIRS alignment time (which as of now is set at 6 minutes). After a week or two of beginning testing, typically it will take about 3-4 minutes to get the 'cockpit preparation' checklist and MCDU programming done, even with a long/complex flightplan (if you do it enough, trust me, you can fly through it :lol: ).

Going through all the preparation, checklists, and all, from pre-flight (flight planning, fuel planning, weather), cold and dark load, gate pushback to takeoff, I'd say anywhere from 15-30 minutes, or longer depending on your familiarity with the systems and the programming of the systems to get yourself set up. Doing the step by step and doing your own flights afterwards you'll quickly notice the similarities to the speed in which you can accomplish all of this as compared to other mid to high end complex addon aircraft.

In addition, again, looking through the manuals to understand items such as the different AP modes, like Managed modes, OP CLB/DES, V/S, selected modes, and FPA/TRK, will take a little time to grasp and use appropriately, but is not that difficult, especially after practice. So, in all, it's quite relative to what you put in to it, but shouldn't take too long at all, and will still be a decent learning experience.

This is all just my opinion and observations, and hopefully I've helped to answer your question properly.

Nice explanation. Thank you very much!

G'day

I would like to know if this new Airbus will have a better FMC than the aerosoft one thats out at this time. I have the Wilc# Airbus set and the FMC has SID's and STARS in it and can be updated. I had not had a aerosoft airbus before and i only got the other make after looking at the 2 in a youtube video about the FMC. I would love to get it if the FMC works a bit like Level-D or PMDG's ones. I dont want to have to enter every waypoint as per the video i seen of the older Airbus thats out.

Thanks Darryl

No offense...

All of this has been answered before... Please see feature list in the beginning of this thread... :)

i want to ask, what languages have the RAAS sistem? I see the screenshoton 1st page and there is a menu on what you can choose the languages.

thanks

I've not dealt with it too much, but I beleave only english. At least if you mean the callouts.

i want to ask, what languages have the RAAS sistem? I see the screenshoton 1st page and there is a menu on what you can choose the languages.

thanks

FS2CREW RAAS has different sound sets. so you can chose the sound that fits your need. I have the full version, don't know if this is included in the Xtended. AS will confirm whether the full RAAS version is included or just customized for extended.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus X Extended does not come with the full version. It is locked to the Airbus X Extended

Quoting the manual:

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

THIS VERSION OF RAAS PROFESSIONAL IS ‘LOCKED’ TO THE AEROSOFT AIRBUS X EXTENDED.

IN THE LOCKED VERSION, THE RAAS SUB-MENU IN THE ADDONS MENU WILL ONLY BE VISIBLE WHEN THE AIRBUX X EXTENDED IS PHYSICALLY LOADED.

TO PURCHASE AN ‘UNLOCKED’ VERSION OF RAAS PROFESSIONAL THAT WORKS WITH ALL AIRCRAFT IN FS9, FSX AND PREPAR 3D, PLEASE VISIT THE RAAS PROFESSIONAL SALES PAGE AT FS2CREW.COM.

The Airbus X Extended does not come with the full version. It is locked to the Airbus X Extended

Quoting the manual:

so the manual mentions that all features will be available upon loading the extended version. it wouldn't work with any other aircraft unless the unlock version is purchased . so mainly changing the sound set should be feasible

Hi I would like to know if, when disengaging the Autopilot, could we bind any key or joystick button to both turn it off and turn the Warning off instead of actually pressing the button, a bit like the red button on a real Airbus sidestick.

Hi I would like to know if, when disengaging the Autopilot, could we bind any key or joystick button to both turn it off and turn the Warning off instead of actually pressing the button, a bit like the red button on a real Airbus sidestick.

in FSX you can set a key as the "Main autopilot disengage/engage key", so maybe it works.

• Aerosoft

G'day

Thanks Darryl

Its now rather complete with SIDs, STARs, routes, company routes, alternates etc. It comes with a updated set of updatable NavDataPro (we believe this is superior to Navigraph, but if you prefer that it is also compatible with Navigraph. Easily as complete as PMDG and Level-D deliver.

• Aerosoft

FS2CREW RAAS has different sound sets. so you can chose the sound that fits your need. I have the full version, don't know if this is included in the Xtended. AS will confirm whether the full RAAS version is included or just customized for extended.

It's 100% the same, just limited to use in the Airbus X Extended. And that also means it only comes with the sound set that is used in Airbusses.

• Aerosoft

In principle that's possible, but you will need to do it with the SDK (or with LINDA).

Archived