Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

"Getting closer".. had to laugh about this tag lol :D What´s next??? "Even closer".... and then.. "you can already smell fuel"... haha :D

yeah the Close to Release tag is really for the moment we got all files and are testing installers etc. Just don't read much into that.

That means the Airbus X Extendet is ready to fly ?

Do read closely the words " is for the moment we got all files and are testing installers ", so,it will actually be nice to read the words "close to release" at this topic =)

...... Some complex departures still cause the ND to go weird and for sure that needs sorting out. This weekend we'll be Holland for the big show there but after that we should be able to schedule a release.

That would take some time I am sure. Better not commit to a schedule if you want to avoid the "Are we there yet" crowd. . Just saying. :-)

Short update on progress... It's good. Many of the issues we had are nearly sorted out and we are now trying to find conditions that make them fail. Some complex departures still cause the ND to go weird and for sure that needs sorting out. This weekend we'll be Holland for the big show there but after that we should be able to schedule a release.

Excellent!

LOL you guys changed the label of Close to release to Getting Closer....

Thanks a lot for your efforts!!! have a good time in FS Weekend, meet friends and make business... that's what is all about!!

A little disheartening quote by one of the developer at avsim today . :(

You want a honest answer from me, not this week, not the next as well.. Further ahead, I dont know.

I am waiting for some materials from a friend on a (former) A320 operator in the area, and will then start working around repainting. I will gladly do a brief walktrough of what and how for the less experienced, after the final bird is released.

That is very nice of you thank you.....

I think it was AngelSandAirways who posted that thing with the Nav lights which are shining through the wings.

Mathijs, did you already said something about that, maybe for SP1?

Not a big thing though. :)

Can some of you betatesters post a wing-view picture? ;)

Here you go. These are from the built-in wing views of Airbus X Extended (Remember WIP!).

fsx2012103021095333.jpg

fsx2012103021092531.jpg

fsx2012103021091457.jpg

fsx2012103021090226.jpg

I have a quick question that has probably been answered numerous times, so sorry if it has! Has the autopliot disconnect issue gone in the extended? I mean where the plane pitches down when disconnecting the autopilot, This really messes with my approaches. :(

I have a quick question that has probably been answered numerous times, so sorry if it has! Has the autopliot disconnect issue gone in the extended? I mean where the plane pitches down when disconnecting the autopilot, This really messes with my approaches. :(

Absolutely and by far. FBW has been completely re-written, it's as smooth as silk, and that issue is long a thing of the past. You can use the search function with the past 2 topics to find answers to questions as well. If you can't find them though, feel free to ask more again here.

Archived