Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. It's something we like to add but it seems hard to find the right conditions. How long does it take them to droop, why do you see it on some aircraft and not on others. It's a very complex thing.

The answer is actually quite simple. For the rudder, when there is no hydraulic pressure, the wind turns it to one side or the other. Depending on wind condition this happens faster or slower. The ailerons and elevators on the other side always droop due to gravitation as they are not statically balanced, but mass balanced when hydraulic pressure is removed.

It's been an Airbus "feature" since the A300, so it would be great if this could be implemented in an update.

The answer is actually quite simple. For the rudder, when there is no hydraulic pressure, the wind turns it to one side or the other. Depending on wind condition this happens faster or slower. The ailerons and elevators on the other side always droop due to gravitation as they are not statically balanced, but mass balanced when hydraulic pressure is removed.

It's been an Airbus "feature" since the A300, so it would be great if this could be implemented in an update.

Agreed, it just helps to add that bit more of realism! It'd be amazing if you did this Aerosoft, not a necessity, but a neat addition...

Well the simple reason is that it would not look as good. These days the maps have many layers and if you just merge them you will end up with a very bland texture. The repainters always asked us to get access to the full layers and we give them that. This means that for the people with less skills and tools things get harder. But with so many liveries available I think this will not be a serious issue,

Well i feel a bit sorry, as a standard photoshop user, to be left out of the repainting entertainment because of a very complex paint kit..... even PMDG made it simple with the NGX, while leaving the possibility for the more experienced repainters to play with several layers.... too bad.

Well i feel a bit sorry, as a standard photoshop user, to be left out of the repainting entertainment because of a very complex paint kit..... even PMDG made it simple with the NGX, while leaving the possibility for the more experienced repainters to play with several layers.... too bad.

I don't think it will be too hard, The very first paint I done was with the origional Airbus X paintkit, and I understood it quite quickly.

The rudder moving according to the wind sounds like it would be pretty complicated to accurately simulate but I can see the ailerons and elevators being easy enough to add in. But it's a really minor thing, not like it's a game changer on whether or not people will buy the product or not.

Just thought of something for the newly Airbus X.. Could be an add on feature shortly after release of Airbus X Extended.. how about safety videos announcements. Most all airlines now except Southwest is using them.. Where we can download a sound clip for the Airline were flying like for example United/Frontier/US Airways of there cabin safety announcement & it will play while during pushback & taxi.. When we download it much like QualityWings except be named something else within Aerosoft terms but similar we would download it to a folder under sound within Aersoft Airbus X Extended Sound file..

Just thought of something for the newly Airbus X.. Could be an add on feature shortly after release of Airbus X Extended.. how about safety videos announcements. Most all airlines now except Southwest is using them.. Where we can download a sound clip for the Airline were flying like for example United/Frontier/US Airways of there cabin safety announcement & it will play while during pushback & taxi.. When we download it much like QualityWings except be named something else within Aerosoft terms but similar we would download it to a folder under sound within Aersoft Airbus X Extended Sound file..

Interestingly enough, there actually is a cabin announcement that plays once you begin taxiing. It's a little hard to discern and hear out, not as clear as QWPAS, but it's there. Should hold you over until if something like QWPAS may or may not get implemented.

I don't think it will be too hard, The very first paint I done was with the origional Airbus X paintkit, and I understood it quite quickly.

Well up to now, I don't see how you can align different part of the fuselage without proper marking AND how to align the Tail section which is divided in 2 (fixed + aileron)... ???

How does one identify an airbus from the outside? What is the one or two things to look out for that would mark it as an Airbus?

I tried looking and comparing various airbus and Boeings in Airliners.net and they all look the same or there are so many variations that make it difficult to distinguish the two.

I did notice the gear when its down... the shape of the flap to cover the gear is unique and same in all the airbus.. Apart from that I can't seem to find a pattern. Is there an easier way to identify the Airbus?

Manny

Airbus is high on heels while Boeing are low closer to the ground + round engine coil vc rather flat ones for the Boeing + rounde nose for Airbus 320.... I feel the difference is very very obvious... You can't miss it in 2 seconds !

I am waiting for some materials from a friend on a (former) A320 operator in the area, and will then start working around repainting. I will gladly do a brief walktrough of what and how for the less experienced, after the final bird is released.

• Aerosoft

The rudder moving according to the wind sounds like it would be pretty complicated to accurately simulate but I can see the ailerons and elevators being easy enough to add in. But it's a really minor thing, not like it's a game changer on whether or not people will buy the product or not.

Not to hard. We already have the engines windmilling and that animation is triggered by wind speed and direction. The problem really is that if we add it I want it to be accurate. Now I am at this moment watching an Airbus that landed a few hours ago, the crew left it, it's cold and dark. It's also windy. But all the control surfaces are still centered. So there is more at play for sure.

• Aerosoft

Short update on progress... It's good. Many of the issues we had are nearly sorted out and we are now trying to find conditions that make them fail. Some complex departures still cause the ND to go weird and for sure that needs sorting out. This weekend we'll be Holland for the big show there but after that we should be able to schedule a release.

I have been enjoying Airbus X since day one and a great job done! Cannot wait for X Extended! You have been adding great features to an already amazing bird. Well worth the money. Thanks for your hard work on giving us Airbus fans something to smile about.

Archived