Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Solving the MCDU/ND issues seem to be coming along nicely from the tests I've done today.

Great!.. I hope this major bug is fixed now...

BTW. is there any other major bug than this one? If not, then we're good to go... ;)

BR.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does one identify an airbus from the outside? What is the one or two things to look out for that would mark it as an Airbus?

I tried looking and comparing various airbus and Boeings in Airliners.net and they all look the same or there are so many variations that make it difficult to distinguish the two.

I did notice the gear when its down... the shape of the flap to cover the gear is unique and same in all the airbus.. Apart from that I can't seem to find a pattern. Is there an easier way to identify the Airbus?

Manny

How does one identify an airbus from the outside? What is the one or two things to look out for that would mark it as an Airbus?

There are of course a lot of subtle differences, but one of the easiest that seems to work for all Boing vs Airbus anyway is the rearmost cockpit window. In Boeing the bottom of the window is V shaped while in an Airbus the bottom is square with a little notch of the rear top corner. Otherwise it is pretty hard to come up with differences that work accross the board. Of couse it is a little easier if you are talking A320 vs 737 for example.

I tried looking and comparing various airbus and Boeings in Airliners.net and they all look the same or there are so many variations that make it difficult to distinguish the two.

I did notice the gear when its down... the shape of the flap to cover the gear is unique and same in all the airbus.. Apart from that I can't seem to find a pattern. Is there an easier way to identify the Airbus?

Manny

Take a look at these two pics, now, ONLY pointing out three large differences, the 737 has a dorsal coming off its vertical stabilizer, A320's have wingtip fences, and the cockpit windows are very different:

A320

a320cond.jpg

B737

boeing737300aegeansxbgw.jpg

October is over!

so the bus will be Christmas gift?

pretty sure yes. At least we will do out part and release it until then ;)

There are of course a lot of subtle differences, but one of the easiest that seems to work for all Boing vs Airbus anyway is the rearmost cockpit window. In Boeing the bottom of the window is V shaped while in an Airbus the bottom is square with a little notch of the rear top corner. Otherwise it is pretty hard to come up with differences that work accross the board. Of couse it is a little easier if you are talking A320 vs 737 for example.

Yeah.. Interesting. You are right. I just checked it. But there was one exception. The 747 seems to have a square like window too...but then no one can mistake a 747 for an airbus otherwise the last window is very telling if its an airbus or a Boeing. . :)

dmbusmc,

I did notice the tail thing in the airbus ... But in the Boeing the tail is not consistent. The tail in that 737 in your photo, you may not find it in the 767. So I was not sure. But the window seems to nail it so far.

Thanks

Manny

• Aerosoft

I would like to know, since you stated on the first page that this model recommends 2GB of video ram, does it work better with that amount of memory? I am planning to upgrade to the GTX 650 Ti 1GB model and I was wondering if it made a difference in FPS or not.

Mmmm... 2 Gb does make a difference in many of the newer FSX products. Not so much for the Bus as it is designed to be very frugal with memory but the combination with other products makes it like memory a lot.

• Aerosoft

not sure we can't compare it to the NGX... The Fslabs should be the NGX of Airbuses (it will go very very deep into systems) ....but the Aerosoft bus will definitely be something nice and unmatched up to now though..

But not at the same price (I assume) and not at the same fps. And I yet got to see them beat the graphics. Ohh and yet to see them complete the project. Let me tell you this is very difficult stuff. Far more then a Boeing aircraft.

I am sure they will do a fine product though and I am sure we will try to be their boxed distributor! But it really is a slightly different market we aim for. We aim for medium cost and a good representation of the day to day operation and they want to get all the systems right.

• Aerosoft

10 fps smooth?; not in my case. With the NGX, i never get below 30 fps in JKF (both 13L or 31R approach with extremely dense scenery and dense autogen 1920X1200 8SXAA , 4 supersampling and 16XAF (GTX580, Intel Core i7 2700k, 16 GB DDR3 1600).

Best.

Miquel.

In that case you will love the Airbus as it a lot easier on FPS.

• Aerosoft

I thought I seen someone, say that were not going to have ground power option which is same as external power, Is ths True ?? I would think seeing this is suppose to be better than its original, why when the old one had ground power capabilities why wouldn't the Airbus Extended have it ?

Sure it does. It is even better then before as we made all battery code non standard so you get some usable life in your batteries before you hook on APU generators or External Power.

• Aerosoft

Great Thank you... and sorry for missing that :-)

Now after having looked at it I am a bit disappointed since Mathijs said that it would be a very simple paintkit with templates and marking for easy integration (copy/paste) into FSX parts... This is not the case and this paintkit is very much harder compare to let's say the new Blackbox simulation one (HD though)....

Can't understand why developers don't bring a full aircraft template for easy painting and then a copy/paste with specific markings so that parts of the template can be copied into the different parts...

Well the simple reason is that it would not look as good. These days the maps have many layers and if you just merge them you will end up with a very bland texture. The repainters always asked us to get access to the full layers and we give them that. This means that for the people with less skills and tools things get harder. But with so many liveries available I think this will not be a serious issue,

dmbusmc,

I did notice the tail thing in the airbus ... But in the Boeing the tail is not consistent. The tail in that 737 in your photo, you may not find it in the 767. So I was not sure. But the window seems to nail it so far.

Thanks

Manny

Indeed. I could show you more to help you out, but here we are getting off topic of the Extended. You are more than welcome to start a new topic in the General Forum about it, and I'll be glad to follow along there if you're still interested.

• Aerosoft

OMG, Finally! The best Airbus is coming up!

Request: If possible, can you make the cockpit lights more brighter? (still, the lights are nicely done) but the cockpit still looking like "dark" with those orange lights. I don't know if I explained myself very well... but if somebody thinks like me help me out.

They are brighter then in the original release. But not as bright as some other products. We simply do not think those are realistic and based on photographs and not on the way the human eye sees things. Keep mind that at cruise at mid day the contrast between the outside sun and the cockpit is immense. Nothing you get in a car. And even we cheat, we show you the pedals. While in reality everything below your knees is just one black hole.

• Aerosoft

You can change the units from LBS to KG and vice versa.

I have another question though: is the Airbus rudder deflected when engines are off and there is no hydraulic pressure to keep it neutral? I noticed it didn't do that in the Airbus X and in the picture of the Airbus X Ext below, I can't see it either...Same for ailerons and elevators...

post-43-0-32518300-1351235874_thumb.jpg

No. It's something we like to add but it seems hard to find the right conditions. How long does it take them to droop, why do you see it on some aircraft and not on others. It's a very complex thing.

I don't mean to pester, but the OCD voice in my head is screaming at me. Could one of the mods please change the "AIR Lingus" in the first post to "AER Lingus".

Other than that the bus is looking great and my credit card is on standby.

Regards,

Ró.

Done ;)

• Aerosoft

Take a look at these two pics, now, ONLY pointing out three large differences, the 737 has a dorsal coming off its vertical stabilizer, A320's have wingtip fences, and the cockpit windows are very different:

A320

B737

And god forbid the heresy... 737's look much better. The A380 is ugly as sin but the A321 is just not as pretty as a new 737.

Archived