Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question for the beta testers. Each time there's a new release do u have to do the test from cold and dark till landing? Or you just test the part let's say climb rate or any other issue. If this is the case well I don't know what to tell you I really don't envy you and thanks a lot for your efforts without you the bus wouldn't see the light. Really appreciated guys :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

A question for the beta testers. Each time there's a new release do u have to do the test from cold and dark till landing? Or you just test the part let's say climb rate or any other issue. If this is the case well I don't know what to tell you I really don't envy you and thanks a lot for your efforts without you the bus wouldn't see the light. Really appreciated guys :)

It depends really on what the current focus is on.

If we're on Skype with one of the developers testing hot fixes it'll more likely be testing a specific function of the Airbus.

If it's a main update on the server we'll likely do a full flight a test all different aspects looking for issues.

I'm mostly doing full flights. There are a few tings which need testing at the moment, such as the Cost Index, drawing of the route lines in specific situations and failures of the Bus to follow the route in NAV mode. Expecially the last one requires us to do full flights as it happens randomly and so we can only try to fly and see if it happens or not.

OMG, Finally! The best Airbus is coming up!

Request: If possible, can you make the cockpit lights more brighter? (still, the lights are nicely done) but the cockpit still looking like "dark" with those orange lights. I don't know if I explained myself very well... but if somebody thinks like me help me out.

Can the fuel indicator be changed from KG to LBS in Settings for the Americans like me?

I hope so and I know how you're feeling.

As an European, I've suffered many times from US-made addons that only featured lbs with no option to switch to kgs.

I hope so and I know how you're feeling.

As an European, I've suffered many times from US-made addons that only featured lbs with no option to switch to kgs.

You can change the units from LBS to KG and vice versa.

I have another question though: is the Airbus rudder deflected when engines are off and there is no hydraulic pressure to keep it neutral? I noticed it didn't do that in the Airbus X and in the picture of the Airbus X Ext below, I can't see it either...Same for ailerons and elevators...

post-43-0-32518300-1351235874_thumb.jpg

Guest Redhawk

OMG 15 USD that's just 12 euros!!!! ya'all should get it

I own one and it's just like a bible.

...got myself this bible some month ago for 45, 00€ but it is worth the price, to be recommended.... :excellenttext_s:

Looks like a great A320 simulation which I look forward to purchasing. A little disappointed that there will be no wing flex as whilst its not a lot, the real thing does have some. As a compromise would there be any chance that the wing dihedral could be set to show a little bend even whilst on the ground?

Will also miss the 2D panel but I guess that’s the way things are going.

I have another question though: is the Airbus rudder deflected when engines are off and there is no hydraulic pressure to keep it neutral? I noticed it didn't do that in the Airbus X and in the picture of the Airbus X Ext below, I can't see it either...Same for ailerons and elevators...

This is not simulated. You're supposed to fly the plane in the end :P;)

Looks like a great A320 simulation which I look forward to purchasing. A little disappointed that there will be no wing flex as whilst its not a lot, the real thing does have some. As a compromise would there be any chance that the wing dihedral could be set to show a little bend even whilst on the ground?

Will also miss the 2D panel but I guess that’s the way things are going.

You won't miss the 2D Panels, really. Even though there are no 'real' 2D panels there's a view system included which brings the viewpoint in the VC to those of the 2D panels. This way the VC looks very much like 2D, just in case you really need it.

If wingflex would be included it would reduce the framerate. As you're the pilot you'll be sitting in the cockpit anyway and won't see the wings, so Aerosoft descided not to include wingflex and give you the framerates. In the end a smooth experience is more important than flexing wings, right?

A bit OT: to ease the waiting AND to learn a lot about real-world A3x0 operations I can highly recommend this blog to you: http://flightlevel390.blogspot.nl/

This is one of the best written aviation blogs on the internet and a great source for info. Enjoy!

Looking forward to the release and finally fly an Airbs in our virtual skies.

Mind you, with this line of argumentation I see no need for chocks and cones either...even less than the surfaces of the aircraft deflecting.

A bit OT: to ease the waiting AND to learn a lot about real-world A3x0 operations I can highly recommend this blog to you: http://flightlevel390.blogspot.nl/

This is one of the best written aviation blogs on the internet and a great source for info. Enjoy!

Looking forward to the release and finally fly an Airbs in our virtual skies.

YES - a great blog about Sparky or the Electric Jet - I am following it for years now....

You won't miss the 2D Panels, really. Even though there are no 'real' 2D panels there's a view system included which brings the viewpoint in the VC to those of the 2D panels. This way the VC looks very much like 2D, just in case you really need it.

If wingflex would be included it would reduce the framerate. As you're the pilot you'll be sitting in the cockpit anyway and won't see the wings, so Aerosoft descided not to include wingflex and give you the framerates. In the end a smooth experience is more important than flexing wings, right?

I have given up on asking for at least the PDF/ND/ECAM displays to be 2D as I think they are far too small for my ageing eyes... I am not flying my plains from the VC most of the time but arrange a cockpit with the main instruments nice and big (as they would be in real life) below the outside view monitor and have a good forward view on top. Looks like I have to do it myself again as I did with the original Airbus X (which took ages because the ASC.dll crashed when you reloaded the jet - so with every change and test cycle I had to restart FSX). At least the CDU is now externally available via web server - that is an interesting addition. When it is done I will post it here or on the ususal FS file servers

Eagerly awaiting a release :) ....

Mind you, with this line of argumentation I see no need for chocks and cones either...even less than the surfaces of the aircraft deflecting.

As the chockes do actually work on the Airbus X Extended I do not share your opinion. As the chockes are used regularly (wow, is this even a real word?) and the loss of brake pressure when the parking brake is set to long simulated they are a must to be there. But I have to agree on your opinion on the cones.

Looks like I have to do it myself again as I did with the original Airbus X (which took ages because the ASC.dll crashed when you reloaded the jet - so with every change and test cycle I had to restart FSX). At least the CDU is now externally available via web server - that is an interesting addition. When it is done I will post it here or on the ususal FS file servers

In this case I think I have good news for you: At the moment it is possible to reload the Airbus without any problems and without the need to close the sim (I had the same problem with crashes on the original too, so for you this problem might be solved too).

As the chockes do actually work on the Airbus X Extended I do not share your opinion. As the chockes are used regularly (wow, is this even a real word?) and the loss of brake pressure when the parking brake is set to long simulated they are a must to be there. But I have to agree on your opinion on the cones.

I know that the chocks are there so that the brakes pressure can be released in order for the brakes to cool down. But that is equally important to the loss of hydraulic pressure that leads to the command surfaces to deflect. Your line of argumentation is flawed insofar as simulating the release of brake pressure is not more important than simulating the release of hydraulic pressure.

I know that the chocks are there so that the brakes pressure can be released in order for the brakes to cool down. But that is equally important to the loss of hydraulic pressure that leads to the command surfaces to deflect. Your line of argumentation is flawed insofar as simulating the release of brake pressure is not more important than simulating the release of hydraulic pressure.

The release of hydraulic pressure itself is simulated, just not it's consequenses. In my point of view this is ok because as the pilot you will have a problem if you loose all your brake pressure, but not if your flight controls hang down on the ground. So as long as you're standing on the ground you don't need the flight controls, but you will need the brakes. Those actually affect the operations of the aircraft, the flight controls won't if you're not moving.

Rather the release instead of a video. ;)

Just my opinion. Let us test and release and then you can make the video yourself if you want one ;)

Archived