Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Attached 3 pictures from my flight to Helsinki today evening:

for the "professionals" among you and before asking will this and that be corrected, i wasn't using the latest beta ;)

EFHK01.jpg

EFHK02.jpg

EFHK03.jpg

for the "professionals" among you and before asking will this and that be corrected, i wasn't using the latest beta ;)

Amazing photos! What a scenery-aircraft synchronization!

Can you bring us a video??

Only for curiosity... What's the message in the third photo that says "Leave Runway"??

Thanks and greets!

Juan Dorta

jesus, what about your framerates? 10 ?? serious? What system do you have?

is it possible to de-select this little ledge for the views completly? that you don´t have this small thing on the left upper corner? or is it always there?

You can turn it on or off in the Right MCDU.

jesus, what about your framerates? 10 ?? serious? What system do you have?

Considering Otto was at night at MA Helsinki its to be expected. Besides with a high end i7 system and top end graphics card even dropping at low as 10 fps can still comfortably yield smooth flight.

Do you know anything of computers?

That was a bit rude. And yes, if you want to know about my computer knowledge I do a lot of coding and built a couple systems. The only reason I asked that question was because if you read at the front page: "3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)"

And since I am planning an upgrade for my video card I want to know what kind of card I should go for.

Considering Otto was at night at MA Helsinki its to be expected. Besides with a high end i7 system and top end graphics card even dropping at low as 10 fps can still comfortably yield smooth flight.

10 fps smooth?; not in my case. With the NGX, i never get below 30 fps in JKF (both 13L or 31R approach with extremely dense scenery and dense autogen 1920X1200 8SXAA , 4 supersampling and 16XAF (GTX580, Intel Core i7 2700k, 16 GB DDR3 1600).

Best.

Miquel.

come on matt, framerates are framerates! When I have 10 or 11 FPS i am freaking out and searching for tweaks etc.... Moperle, just to compare - what framerates do you have when you are on PMDG 737 NGX?

I'm not Otto, but I usually get around 17FPS with the NGX and 22-25 with the Airbus X Extended. So it's a little better than the NGX actually.

I'm not Otto, but I usually get around 17FPS with the NGX and 22-25 with the Airbus X Extended. So it's a little better than the NGX actually.

Good news, then. This Helsinky´s scenery is a real fps killer.

Best.

Miquel.

That was a bit rude. And yes, if you want to know about my computer knowledge I do a lot of coding and built a couple systems. The only reason I asked that question was because if you read at the front page: "3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)"

And since I am planning an upgrade for my video card I want to know what kind of card I should go for.

I think one with 1gb of memory would be good enough! These are probably high end recommendations. If I was you, I would put more money into a CPU as FSX seems to be very cpu heavy. :D

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to make it clear: Meanwhile my system is at the lower end (i7 2.8 GHz) and I didn't apply the performance patch so far as I tried to reproduce the OOM that was reported by other without success.

And now back to the topic: Airbus X Extended !!!

;)

EDIT: And yes despite only 10-15 fps it was quite smooth, no stuttering.

Just to make it clear: Meanwhile my system is at the lower end (i7 2.8 GHz) and I didn't apply the performance patch so far as I tried to reproduce the OOM that was reported by other without success.

And now back to the topic: Airbus X Extended !!!

;)

EDIT: And yes despite only 10-15 fps it was quite smooth, no stuttering.

Yes, 15 fps in FSX are for my feeling smoother than we experienced in FS9 - don't know why! :)

I remember I have read in one of the topics of the Airbus X tended it will be possible to load generated flightplans from external programs like fsbuild, etc without producing one IFR flightplan with the default FSX planner and even without loading this plan again in FSX? I imagine something like with the PMDG products. Entering the flightplan name, e.g. EGLLLFPG and then it's loaded in the FMC.

Regards,

Axel

I think one with 1gb of memory would be good enough! These are probably high end recommendations. If I was you, I would put more money into a CPU as FSX seems to be very cpu heavy. :D

About that. My current CPU frequency is 3.6Ghz. But having read a lot of other people's system specs, most of them were overclocked to 4.0Ghz and up. I am kind of on a budget so I cannot for an core i5, so my Phenom II X4 is all I have to work with. I dont run a lot of add-ons, just a few: World of ai, PMDG, REX, aerosoft sceneries. Should I overclock a bit more or am I fine?

About that. My current CPU frequency is 3.6Ghz. But having read a lot of other people's system specs, most of them were overclocked to 4.0Ghz and up. I am kind of on a budget so I cannot for an core i5, so my Phenom II X4 is all I have to work with. I dont run a lot of add-ons, just a few: World of ai, PMDG, REX, aerosoft sceneries. Should I overclock a bit more or am I fine?

Woah, not sure about overclocking but your CPU is much better than mine! I currently have the core 2 quad 6600 which I think is about 2.2Ghz. I think 3.6 would be fine :D

Jesus, take the wheel (stick)!

I don't know how to fly!

- Here's the manual!!!

Jesus did not speak Hebrew - if you want him to fly the Bus (what will be likely If he from time to time visits this forum and enjoys all the screenshots and annoncements) you have to translate the step by step manual into Aramaic.

I am not religious but I believe in this Airbus.

Archived