Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

I'm getting tired of you getting tired because a customer of this product willing to PAY, asks when the product is going to come out. He is on his right to ask, and he has his right to be answered. That simple.

Regards

Sure, but it still is your right to read and use the search function. Isn't it even a rule to "read before posting"? I remember it being one... Well but I don't want to get to hard and still I can understand that you are all awaiting the release, so let's end this discussion saying that it'll come as soon as we think this can be released without making you sad because it doesn't work as expected, allright? I guess that's the most honest sentence you can say about the releasedate.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mathijs,

A request if possible? You have included kingfisher as one of the A320 liveries. As they are almost belly up, can I request one of the larger operators in India of the type? Maybe Indigo or Air India ?

Regards,

Dinshaw.

I would like to know, since you stated on the first page that this model recommends 2GB of video ram, does it work better with that amount of memory? I am planning to upgrade to the GTX 650 Ti 1GB model and I was wondering if it made a difference in FPS or not.

I did?

Hmm...I thought you did. I remember you saying that folks generally wouldn't be adding and removing liveries that often and you didn't think it was really necessary.

Hmm.. I am sorry if I misspoke!

:)

Manny

I would like to know, since you stated on the first page that this model recommends 2GB of video ram, does it work better with that amount of memory? I am planning to upgrade to the GTX 650 Ti 1GB model and I was wondering if it made a difference in FPS or not.

That is probably normal RAM and not video card RAM. Only a few new video cards have 2gb of RAM I think. My current GTX460 has 1gb of RAM and runs airbus X fine, and the extended version is said to run even nicer than the origional.

Yes... problem basically is that we have looked at how others do it and we liked none of what we saw. I want something that is visual and that can be adapted for all our aircraft. Drag and drop. It will be done.

The free from Flight1 Software does all these. Its only drawback is that it needs a separate image as a thumbnail, and does not read into the package it creates to display the texture.<airline>\thumbnail.jpg picture.

Getting tired from all the releasedate question, but yes it should be possible in 2012. We just have to idea when.

*Edit: Mathijs was faster then me.

I think we wil have a plesant surprise at the FS Weekend...... :ididit_s::dancing_s:

Do you know anything of computers?

Getting tired from all the releasedate question, but yes it should be possible in 2012. We just have to idea when.

*Edit: Mathijs was faster then me.

I'm getting tired of you getting tired because a customer of this product willing to PAY, asks when the product is going to come out. He is on his right to ask, and he has his right to be answered. That simple.

Regards

Sure, but it still is your right to read and use the search function. Isn't it even a rule to "read before posting"? I remember it being one... Well but I don't want to get to hard and still I can understand that you are all awaiting the release, so let's end this discussion saying that it'll come as soon as we think this can be released without making you sad because it doesn't work as expected, allright? I guess that's the most honest sentence you can say about the releasedate.

Easy now Emi, just a simple question if release is expexted within 2012.

The Airbus X Extended has been close to release for months now....

A couple of questions please:

1. Time compression is not supported. What does actually happen when using time compression? Does the plane go out of control quickly?

2. Will it be possible to run the extended version alongside the base Airbus X, or will the extended version uninstall or break the base version?

Thanks

A couple of questions please:

1. Time compression is not supported. What does actually happen when using time compression? Does the plane go out of control quickly?

2. Will it be possible to run the extended version alongside the base Airbus X, or will the extended version uninstall or break the base version?

Thanks

1. Well, it does work sometimes, but it's not meant to be used with time compression, so any support questions when things mess up while using compression will be explained away by that fact. The main thing I found that is affected is the FBW, it did some weird oscillations and was banking all over the place on 8x. I believe a tester or two had it work well on 2x, but again, it's not supported.

2. Absolutely! The installation of the Airbus X Extended is completely separate from the Airbus X, so whenever you wish to go back and use the Airbus X you will be able to.

It seems like its gonna be the NGX of the Airbuses! ;) Can't wait to fly some routes with it.

not sure we can't compare it to the NGX... The Fslabs should be the NGX of Airbuses (it will go very very deep into systems) ....but the Aerosoft bus will definitely be something nice and unmatched up to now though..

1. Well, it does work sometimes, but it's not meant to be used with time compression, so any support questions when things mess up while using compression will be explained away by that fact. The main thing I found that is affected is the FBW, it did some weird oscillations and was banking all over the place on 8x. I believe a tester or two had it work well on 2x, but again, it's not supported.

Thanks Kyle for the prompt reply!

So when it starts to oscillates or bank, does it go completely out of control or would it still basically fly albeit with some bouncing about? The base version oscillates a bit on 8x and 16x, but it still flies, would you say the advanced is the same or worse?

Thanks again,

Pas

Thanks Kyle for the prompt reply!

So when it starts to oscillates or bank, does it go completely out of control or would it still basically fly albeit with some bouncing about? The base version oscillates a bit on 8x and 16x, but it still flies, would you say the advanced is the same or worse?

Thanks again,

Pas

I've only done it once, and sounds like what you're describing. Just remember, it's risky, and if you run in to problems you won't get support on it since it's not meant to use time compression.

I've only done it once, and sounds like what you're describing. Just remember, it's risky, and if you run in to problems you won't get support on it since it's not meant to use time compression.

so you mean we can actually destroy the whole product by using time compression? :mellow:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, with the Airbus it is with all complex aircrafts, including the NGX, which use not standard FSX functions, It can not be guaranteed, that it will work when you use functions like time compression that relay on standard FSX.

So you might experience issues, but the aircraft will not be destroyed. ;-)

BTW. I do not see the need to use time compression with the Airbus. This aircraft is not intended to be used on long distance flights, but on short/medium distances up to 3-4 hours.

Well, with the Airbus it is with all complex aircrafts, including the NGX, which use not standard FSX functions, It can not be guaranteed, that it will work when you use functions like time compression that relay on standard FSX.

So you might experience issues, but the aircraft will not be destroyed. ;-)

BTW. I do not see the need to use time compression with the Airbus. This aircraft is not intended to be used on long distance flights, but on short/medium distances up to 3-4 hours.

I never do it anyways, its cheating ;)

Archived