Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

24 minutes ago, cyclone1 said:

If that is the case then why have authorized vendors to sell your product

Respectfully, what you need to understand is that while the products in question have the Aerosoft name, Aerosoft was not the developer, it was the distributor.  I know that probably adds to the confusion for you.  Since Aerosoft was not the developer, Aerosoft had to purchase serial numbers from the developer for those products as Mathijs said.  As such, you are asking for Aerosoft to buy a product for you, and the margins are so small on these products that just can't happen - especially because if we did that for you, we'd have to do that for everyone who ever had a similar problem.

I'm very sorry that the company you placed your money with went out of business. Maybe it's my age, I dunno, but I never do business with smaller distributors for that very reason even if it means getting a price break, out of concern they will not be around later.  If I do make such a decision, I know that I'm assuming a certain degree of risk. 

I don't expect you to be happy with the situation the other distributor left you in, but the answer we've provided is nothing but open and honest, and that is how the matter must lay.

My very best wishes to you.

• Like 1

Dave thank you for the explanation, I was totally unaware that the Areosoft BRONCO and other products I purchased are not made by Areosoft? Yes it adds to the confusion when I see Areosoft on the product purchase description; how the heck is one to know! I do thank you again for your explanation and I might add this could of been cleared up much sooner if I had known this. Too bad there is not a way to better vet these vendors before allowing them to carry the name Areosoft. In the end SimPlanet is off the Planet and I buy future products direct, lesson learned.

Respectfully

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

If you know of a way to reliably vet a company and find out if they will fail many years in the future, you will make loads of money Cyclone1! Banks would love to have the ability to predict the future before they lend money. We however do not have this ability unfortunately. 

• Like 1

• Members

If you buy an Aerosoft product, which is published by Aerosoft, from one of our retailers, please take a receipt or something which prooves your purchase.
In case of problems we might have a chance to fix it in that case.

In those cases please contact us directly.

We always will try to help as good as possible and we can also speak with our supliers to find a solution.
The most certain way is always to buy directly from us. ;-)

• Members
On 14.8.2017 at 16:19, k307309 sagte:

@Mathijs Kok

I can log in with my old account, but I can't do anything that makes sense. For example I got a PM today and I can't answer...

The best solution for all would be that my account will be shown as a guest account like these:

I think it would better for all if my posts remain, but the current situation is not satisfying for me. If this is not possible it would be ok for me if all of my posts will be deleted.

My old account is this one:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/profile/105258-xp-flieger/

The support ticket was #210759. If you need the mail adress to verify that this is my account, PM me or sent me an mail to the adress assigned to the ticket (I don't want to mention it public).

Thanks fo appreciation!

Perhaps you may delete all your comments by yourself and than we can delete your account. I am not sure as i am technically not so skilled. ;-)

Hi Wdiekmann, I have submitted the order numbers to support via the address in your post. Thank you very much for your response sir you have renewed my feeling towards Areosoft and I now look forward to purchasing many more products from your company! I may of missed it somewhere but am not sure how to get on your mailing list direct from Areosoft for promo"s and specials plus new products?

Respectfully, Doug C

Hey there,

I have been a happy customer and would be one in the future. However due to a mistake I made in the shop I had to contact the customer support – and that’s where Aerosoft lost me:

By mistake, I have bought the 777 for FSX while I only have P3D installed. So I ordered the 777 for P3D. I then kindly asked for a refund on the 777 FSX. I got a short and not very friendly answer via a ticket system, telling me I accepted the policies and therefore no refund is possible. No „hello“, „thanks for being our customer“... The ticket was immediately closed, no further interest shown. Another email from the German customer service came in with one short line – telling me the same.

So I gave Aerosoft a call just to hear that they don’t want to talk to me – one would send me another email. Later I got a repetition of what was already written. So I did another call with no luck – the lady on the phone told me there is policies, no room for customer mistakes or an individual solution. Just repetitive the same phrases not answering any of my arguments. Any attempt to talk to a team leader was refused but I was offered to write an email to the CEO, what I did. I never heard back from anyone.

I do understand the policies. It’s not that I changed my mind on the 777. I made a mistake – that happens and companies should deal with it in a smart way and not make profit out of it. I did not activate the licence and rebought for P3D.

For me its not so much about the money, its how you communicate and act. I never felt so in the wrong place as a customer. I did miss any basic principles of a friendly customer centred communication and any kind of interest in me as a present or future customer. It seemed to be more about who is right or wrong or got the last word and strict policies. Not about a relationship that might last for years and is beneficial for both sides. All I met was refusal and avoidance of direct communication mixed with something giving me the feeling to be like an enemy disturbing the peace.
No one was even trying to find any kind of a solution - and there is always one. I always find one for my customers and I always ask them what went wrong when they made a mistake to check the usability of my shop.

I have recently switched to P3D and will need many add ons – so my customer value wont be that bad. Why would you want to loose a customer just for some $ of commision you get for the 777? I do not understand that kind of business strategy.

Best wishes.
Gabriel

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Doug, I am sorry that I did not give you the answer my CEO prefered me to give. There was a change in policy that I simply was not aware of. Our fault, our problem and my apologies.

For everybody, if you bought something at a shop that is no longer functioning (not one that is just slow in replying to an email!) we can 'move' your order to our shop. This is the procedure.

1. Contact us at support@aerosoft.com and provide us proof of purchase, we need to be 100% sure you did indeed bought the product
  2. We will reply with instructions on how to create an order in our shop that will not be charged (a so called 'press order'.
  3. Do not forget to make a comment with the order referring to the ticket created at support@aerosoft.com! Orders without comments are deleted.
  4. We will then manually release that order so you can download it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Our fault, our problem and my apologies.

Sometimes we don't see the quality of the people we work with even when it is right in front of us day in and day out, but sooner or later something happens to remind us of their quality and a sincere apology is at the top of these things.

Mathijs is one of those few people who constantly earns our respect both as a person and leader in the flight simulation world.

• Like 1

On 31.8.2017 at 11:24, Gabriel1501 sagte:

Hey there,

I have been a happy customer and would be one in the future. However due to a mistake I made in the shop I had to contact the customer support – and that’s where Aerosoft lost me:

By mistake, I have bought the 777 for FSX while I only have P3D installed. So I ordered the 777 for P3D. I then kindly asked for a refund on the 777 FSX. I got a short and not very friendly answer via a ticket system, telling me I accepted the policies and therefore no refund is possible. No „hello“, „thanks for being our customer“... The ticket was immediately closed, no further interest shown. Another email from the German customer service came in with one short line – telling me the same.

So I gave Aerosoft a call just to hear that they don’t want to talk to me – one would send me another email. Later I got a repetition of what was already written. So I did another call with no luck – the lady on the phone told me there is policies, no room for customer mistakes or an individual solution. Just repetitive the same phrases not answering any of my arguments. Any attempt to talk to a team leader was refused but I was offered to write an email to the CEO, what I did. I never heard back from anyone.

I do understand the policies. It’s not that I changed my mind on the 777. I made a mistake – that happens and companies should deal with it in a smart way and not make profit out of it. I did not activate the licence and rebought for P3D.

For me its not so much about the money, its how you communicate and act. I never felt so in the wrong place as a customer. I did miss any basic principles of a friendly customer centred communication and any kind of interest in me as a present or future customer. It seemed to be more about who is right or wrong or got the last word and strict policies. Not about a relationship that might last for years and is beneficial for both sides. All I met was refusal and avoidance of direct communication mixed with something giving me the feeling to be like an enemy disturbing the peace.
No one was even trying to find any kind of a solution - and there is always one. I always find one for my customers and I always ask them what went wrong when they made a mistake to check the usability of my shop.

I have recently switched to P3D and will need many add ons – so my customer value wont be that bad. Why would you want to loose a customer just for some $ of commision you get for the 777? I do not understand that kind of business strategy.

Best wishes.
Gabriel

Well it seems I am talking to myself here. As you prefere to make profit out of your customers mistakes rather than offering any kind of solution, I wont make business with you again. I always recommended your products and shop. Bought in your store rather than at the developers. Even recommended you in the publications that I work for. You lost me here - and I know, you dont even care at all.

13 hours ago, Gabriel1501 said:

Well it seems I am talking to myself here. As you prefere to make profit out of your customers mistakes rather than offering any kind of solution, I wont make business with you again. I always recommended your products and shop. Bought in your store rather than at the developers. Even recommended you in the publications that I work for. You lost me here - and I know, you dont even care at all.

The decision to charge a second, full price for PMDG aircraft between FSX and P3D was made by PMDG, not Aerosoft.

Even though you made the error, this is FAR MORE than Aerosoft not having the ability to verify that you're not using the product in both FSX and P3D - people do (I'm one of them).  You see, Aerosoft has to pay for each Serial Number they get from the original developer, and since serial numbers can't be re-used what you're really asking for is Aerosoft to pay for the price of this aircraft (serial number) because you selected the wrong product and then purchased it.

I'm not blaming you for the mistake, we all make them. Maybe you haven't really thought this matter though from all sides, and you don't realize that what you're really asking for is for someone else to pay for your mistake.  Brother, if you are aware of this and that is what you're trying to do, then that is WAYYYYYY UNCOOL of you.  Terribly so.  I really hope that's not the case.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

• Members

Hi Gabriel 1501,

Do you have installed the FSX version of your PMDG product?
If so you have missed three levels of checking if you really want this version.

If not, we may find a way to solve the problem together with PMDG.

Kind regards

Winfried

vor 2 Stunden , wdiekmann sagte:

Do you have installed the FSX version of your PMDG product?

Winfried,

thanks so much for your reply – first time someone is trying to find a solution after weeks. I do understand that this is not only a button you have to push. I have not activated the licence. I already own the FSX Version from an earlier purchase at PMDG before switching to P3D. I own the 777 FSX twice now.

Please let me know if you need further information from my end. If it is easier for you to set up a gift card for any Aerosoft made product – I’ll be fine with that.

Yes I have missed the info on the Platform. But, and please don’t get me wrong here, the usability of the shop in this case can be improved:

Many Products have the Platform in the title:
PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Pack for P3D
PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Pack for FSX

The CRJ which I bought some time before has it not, it is for all Platforms:
CRJ 700/900 X

However the 777 with no info in the title is not for all Platforms, its FSX only – missing in the title.
PMDG 777-200LR/F

I miss a clear line here. I did focus on the product title. If it’s not in the title it is also not in the cart, checkout, email, download section. Also I can only filter the shop for “FSX/P3D” and not explicit for “P3D”. Coming from google on the product page the small hint for the platform is also quickly missed.

Gabriel

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Gabriel, please note that you confirmed twice that download orders are final, that we can't do much after you clicked okay. For our own products we often can do a exchange, for some products like those from PMDG that is (was?) not possible. That is Aerosoft policy and has been like that for close to a decade. That's what i simply HAD to let you know when you contacted us. 

If my CEO wants to make an exception or wants to change the policy regarding these kind of sales that is of course his right, one of the advantages of being the CEO, right? But it would not be just to blame the support of Aerosoft as you do. We would love to simply replace these orders and get happy customers. At the moment you did your request however I was simply not able to do so. I am glad that with the help of Winfried we might be able to assist you.

• Upvote 2

On 5.9.2017 at 01:30, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I'm not blaming you for the mistake, we all make them. Maybe you haven't really thought this matter though from all sides, and you don't realize that what you're really asking for is for someone else to pay for your mistake.  Brother, if you are aware of this and that is what you're trying to do, then that is WAYYYYYY UNCOOL of you.  Terribly so.  I really hope that's not the case.

Dave,

thanks for the reply and your time. A company that’s a slave of their own policies, relationships and technical infrastructure and therefor has no room for mistakes and individual solutions, that’s not a place I want to go shopping.

This is not about having someone else pay for my mistake as I don’t believe that there is no way Aerosoft could drop a line to PMDG asking for cancellation. I have already placed another order for the P3D Version (double price). Of course I wouldn’t have done that, knowing a refund of the FSX Version was not possible.

I am running an online shop myself. For me it’s never the customer that missed something, it is me missing to set up the right architecture of information to prevent errors. And then I do find a solution. If no refund is possible well then maybe a gift card or anything else that makes me keep this customer. Why would I make profit out of a costumer’s mistake, having him contact multiple of my employees, community staff, CEOs, paypal & book keeping and in the end losing him, having him run around rating me bad? That’s where we lose the most time & money.

And yes, sometimes I do not make any profit out of an order but have a happy customer for the next years. Acquiring a new costumer is even harder and more expensive. So this is also about investing in the future of a customer and one’s own company. I have recently switched to P3D – my customer life time and value won’t be that bad.

I would even agree to a gift card for any Aerosoft made product so they don’t have much trouble with PMDG. This should be about a solution, not about pointing out what is not possible over and over again.

Gabriel

Hello Gabriel,

to close this topic please check your inbox I ve been asking you for some information about the order.

Make sure this is a one time solution - for the future please read the PRODUCT INFORMATION as well as the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS on the product page, as you can read in our EULA once a download is started there is no way to refund these anymore (also not exchange them vs a gift card or what ever).

All information about a product and it requirements are visible on the product page - sure if there are mistakes the information I wrote on top do not apply.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs directed to you as a dutchie. Apologies for my phones autocorrect in advance. What do you think about the end of Fokker service in europe/klm service later today? Wouldn't it make an awesome addon for P3D v4? :) 

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion for the preview section:

Please consider making the preview posts "read-only" for forum users. That way viewers would only see posts by the developers/Aerosoft with screenshots, and wouldn't have to search through hundreds of "Any news?", "Release date?" or "I hate Aerosoft for making x and not y" posts to see the relevant screenies. If neccessary, the could be a separate discussion thread where these things could be posted over and over again. What do you think?

17 minutes ago, privateer78 said:

A suggestion for the preview section:

Please consider making the preview posts "read-only" for forum users. That way viewers would only see posts by the developers/Aerosoft with screenshots, and wouldn't have to search through hundreds of "Any news?", "Release date?" or "I hate Aerosoft for making x and not y" posts to see the relevant screenies. If neccessary, the could be a separate discussion thread where these things could be posted over and over again. What do you think?

And what about people who would like to ask valid questions? I agree that the release date questions get tedious, but many people ask really good questions.

• Aerosoft

I am not a fan of that idea. As you see in the Airbus topic we now list the information part on top of every few page and I think that is enough to make it easy to find the information.

The discussion with and feedback from users is incredibly important for Aerosoft. It shapes our products. Afterall we make them for you and not us.

Dear Sirs, with most respect, I think your work is fantastic and I salute you. At the moment I seem to be having a problem with the World of Subways 1 The Path. There is a "Failed to initiate sound" error that does not alow me to operate the game. I am a 56 year old  retired railroader, Businessman and artist majoring in the areas of Graffiti lettering, fantasy and science fiction for the past 49 years, and have been I have brought this issue to the attention of one of the staff members whom instructed to me a remedy which did not solve the problem. I communicated back to him and have yet received any further communication from him. I have worked with and enjoyed Trainsimulator for the past 12 years and have yet to see such brilliant work in animation and real life like scenarios as in the World of Subways series you have created, being from New York I can deeply express this. All I ask for is some solution as to where I can operate and enjoy this  NYC subway masterpiece. Thank you kindly.

UPRRFRM