Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

In the past, I have tried to open a topic for "Aerosoft Forum issues". But obviously, I was the only one, who was writing (and reading?) in that thread.

Am I stupid, or is this a question that has already been answered?

There is at least one post that I have written, that I'd like to remove. So far so good, but I am not able to remove one of my posts, if the thread with that post has been closed by administration.

So, who is able to remove that post?

PS: Probably, I should ask one administrator. Or is there another way?

• Upvote 1

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on what Prepar3D is all about. As a real world pilot and a simmer, I find myself confused at the arrogant attitudes they seem to be taking with regard to those of us who upgraded our computer hardware and had to take windows8 (8.1) as part of the package. I paid the exorbitant price(>$200.00 US Dollars) for a sim software package that is still in need of a lot of work. What really gets to me is rather than fixing what they sold, they are planning to zonk those who are foolish enough to pay big bucks for V2.0.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on what Prepar3D is all about. As a real world pilot and a simmer, I find myself confused at the arrogant attitudes they seem to be taking with regard to those of us who upgraded our computer hardware and had to take windows8 (8.1) as part of the package. I paid the exorbitant price(>$200.00 US Dollars) for a sim software package that is still in need of a lot of work. What really gets to me is rather than fixing what they sold, they are planning to zonk those who are foolish enough to pay big bucks for V2.0.

Why am I not seeing any replies to my post? If you cannot answer me, you have just lost a customer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why am I not seeing any replies to my post? If you cannot answer me, you have just lost a customer.

Dear Aerosoft customer,

Although I am not part of the management nor of the staff of Aerosoft I take the liberty to reply to you since you seem to be in haste, having waited for a full day already for an answer.

You have posted your question in the 'management section' of the Aerosoft support site. Since Prepar3D is not an Aerosoft product, nor distributed by Aerosoft, I suggest that you consult Lockheed Martin about your concerns.

As for the lag in replies here, I need to point out that yesterday and this weekend the management of Aerosoft is off to Lelystad (NL) to attend the FS Weekend (http://fsweekend.com/).

I assume that you will get an official reply after the weekend.

• Upvote 5

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also you should be aware that yesterday (Friday) was a bank holiday here in many parts of Germany. So I'm really wondering about you attitude and complaining about a product/company Aerosoft isn't responsible for at all.

• Upvote 5

Also you should be aware that yesterday (Friday) was a bank holiday here in many parts of Germany. So I'm really wondering about you attitude and complaining about a product/company Aerosoft isn't responsible for at all.

I was only asking for an opinion, since Aerosoft has been my primary source of "add-ons" To set the record straight, I do not expect Aerosoft to answer my complaints about another company's product. That other company will continue to hear from me! Because of the very important role that Aerosoft plays in my "simming", and I assume for many others with this hobby, I wanted to hear some of those other people's opinions on the subject. Thanks for the info concerning the holiday in Germany. We are not always aware of those happenings on this side of the pond.

Herr Feldmarschal:

Ich danke Ihnen für Ihre Antwort darauf hingewiesen. Das wirklich geholfen hat mein Problem.

• Aerosoft

In the past, I have tried to open a topic for "Aerosoft Forum issues". But obviously, I was the only one, who was writing (and reading?) in that thread.

Am I stupid, or is this a question that has already been answered?

There is at least one post that I have written, that I'd like to remove. So far so good, but I am not able to remove one of my posts, if the thread with that post has been closed by administration.

So, who is able to remove that post?

PS: Probably, I should ask one administrator. Or is there another way?

If you send me the link to the post you want removed I can do that.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I was only asking for an opinion, since Aerosoft has been my primary source of "add-ons" To set the record straight, I do not expect Aerosoft to answer my complaints about another company's product. That other company will continue to hear from me! Because of the very important role that Aerosoft plays in my "simming", and I assume for many others with this hobby, I wanted to hear some of those other people's opinions on the subject. Thanks for the info concerning the holiday in Germany. We are not always aware of those happenings on this side of the pond.

We are monitoring P3D all the time and currently have the largest collection of P3D compatible software, so I think you can say we do support Lockheed Martin in this. We are also in communication with LM about the future.

Your comments after your first question were not acceptable for this forum and earned you a 2 week ban. I am sure you understand the logic behind that.

• Upvote 2

hi can i just say that aerosot has done great work in the years loving all the products that you made so far

but i would like to point out the tech side you have a phone number for the tech dept but one line and its open 14.30-1700

i have been trying to phone everyday day at 14.30 just when it opens and all the way though to 17.00 but its always busy

please can you make more tech lines and some more poeple that department as i love buying your stuff but the tech let you down. i brought a product in september and still cant get it to work

thanks

martin

• Aerosoft

hi can i just say that aerosot has done great work in the years loving all the products that you made so far

but i would like to point out the tech side you have a phone number for the tech dept but one line and its open 14.30-1700

i have been trying to phone everyday day at 14.30 just when it opens and all the way though to 17.00 but its always busy

please can you make more tech lines and some more poeple that department as i love buying your stuff but the tech let you down. i brought a product in september and still cant get it to work

thanks

martin

The problem with phone support is that is very expensive, very time consuming and not very effective. We normally solve issue via our forums or email support much more effective. I suggest strongly you send us your question via https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/home.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs Kok

please could you get yours tech guys to look at this please

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/75395-parking-on-a-remote-stand/?hl=remote

as am not sure where am going wrong

thanks

martin

You asked for this only today, give us some time to respond, okay?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Thanks for replying to my questions

For question number 2 i meant scenery including airports

I hope you have a merry christmas and a happy and safe new year and for Aerosoft to have a prosperous 2013!!!

PS i have one more question : Since Aerosoft is a german company is it banned from making German aircraft from World War two under German law because of the symbols that the aircraft carried back then???

Hi,

Yes more or less. It would be allowed to show those symbols in a museum or in school-books, but on a Game it may couse problems.

Winfried

• Members

Herr Feldmarschal:

Ich danke Ihnen für Ihre Antwort darauf hingewiesen. Das wirklich geholfen hat mein Problem.

Hi Rond,

It is like the other said, Prepar3D is a Lockheed product and Lockheed is a military defense company not a flightsim game company.

They offer prepar3D more or less as a favor a they are interested to use the software for internal tasks not for hobby-flight simulation.

If you like it you can buy it if you don't like it they will not care.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Members

thanks

martin

Hi Martin,

Support by telephone is totally uneffizient because normally we need a lot of information to solve a problem. This information can be given to us much better by email than on the phone.

The telephone support is mainly for install problems and problems with keys.

If a direct conversion is needed we would tell you and we would call you to solve a problem which can't be solved by email.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am sad about the fact that recently most of the new products are only FSX or P3D compatible. Still to me, FS9 is a perfect platform for serious flightsimming as I am not interested in eyecandy so much, especially if this is bought with performance.

Are there plans to completely stop development for FS9 or is there still interest in new products for this version of flight simulator?

I believe there is a business case for it.

Cheers Michael

I am sad about the fact that recently most of the new products are only FSX or P3D compatible. Still to me, FS9 is a perfect platform for serious flightsimming as I am not interested in eyecandy so much, especially if this is bought with performance.

Are there plans to completely stop development for FS9 or is there still interest in new products for this version of flight simulator?

Cheers Michael

This has been discussed so many times, if you use the search function you'll find everything you need to know.

But for your information, there's no other publisher that releases as much FS9 sceneries as Aerosoft does. But the market for FS9 keeps shrinking and therefor it's not always possible to make an FS9 scenery without making too much loss on it. Eventually development for FS9 will come to an end, there'll be too few customers left. It's impossible to say when that will be, it depends on the market, but FS9 won't live forever. One day it'll be over.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Cheers Michael

If we feel that a certain product has a market in FS2004 we will for sure offer that. But honestly it is getting harder and harder to make that work commercially. In fact most FS2004 releases we did in the last 6 months were intended to make our customers happy and not to make us any money. Because fact is that there are many FS2004 users , but not a lot of FS2004 customers. People simply do not want to invest much in a 11 year old simulator.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Wie wäre es eigentlich mit einem Abo-Modell?

Die Zahl der Add-Ons steigt stetig. Besonders Neueinsteiger sehen sich einer Unsumme von Szenerien gegenüber. Aber auch "Alteingesessene", welche ihren Flusi aufhübschen wollen, haben die Wahl der Qual.

Flughafen? Wenn ja, welcher? Oder doch lieber ne allgemeine Szenerie? Abwer welche denn da? Möchte ich eher in Deutschland fliegen und NE Deutschland kaufen, oder doch lieber Spanien? Vielleicht aber auch eher mal ein gewisses Flugzeug? Die Wahl ist endlos geworden, der Flusi schnelllebig. Vielleicht überredet mich auch ein Freund auf einen gemeinsamen Flug mit dem neuen SP3 vom Airbus zu einen gemeinsamen Flug. Verdammt, habe aber einen Flughafen seiner Wunschroute nicht, ach der Airbus fehlt auch... Extra kaufen? Weil ich dann für den einen Flug (weil sonst nie in der Gegend und vielleicht gar kein Airbus-Freund) die Add-Ons benötige?

Ich denke, man versteht was ich meine. Der FluSi wird teuer.

Daher eine Anfrage/Idee: Ein Abonnementmodell!

Statt zig Add-Ons zu kaufen, miete ich mir diese bequem per Prepaid/Lastschrift. So kann ich auch mal Szenerie anwenden, welche ich eigentlich nie sonst verwenden würde - für einen einzigen Flug eben.

Es ist natürlich wirtschaftlich ein Desaster, das gesamte Aerosoftsortiment für 10€ oder so anzubieten. Ein Modulsystem wäre hier hilfreicher.

Vielleicht hab ich ja alle Lieblingsflugzeuge schon zusammen?! Oder meine Szenerien sind schon vollständig meinen Wünschen entsprechend?! Dann würde ich dies ja gar nicht gebrauchen. Also splitten wir das ganze. Zum Beispiel in:

• Tools
  • Airliner
  • General Aviation
  • VFR Flugplätze
  • Flughäfen
  • Globale Szenerie

Je nach Umfang hat jedes Modul natürlich seinen eigenen wiederkehrenden Preis. So kann ich nun meine passende Konstellation auswählen und bezahlen. Danach erhalte ich Zugriff auf die entsprechenden Add-Ons. Nach dem Abaluf vom Zeitraum deaktivieren sich diese selbstständig. Dies gibt mir als Flusianer natürlich eine ganz neue Flexibilität. Für Aerosoft ggf. eine gewisse Planbarkeit.

Diese Idee hat natürlich auch gewisse Probleme:

• Abrechnung: Wie soll man sowas effizient mit externen Partnern effizient abrechnen? Das ist nicht einfach. Von daher würde es Sinn ergeben, wenn zu Beginn "leidiglich" Eigenproduktionen diesem Service angehören. Zukünftig könnte man neuen Partnern die Wahl geben, ob sie diesem Programm beitreten möchten, oder nicht. Bestehenden kann man ja ebenfalls anfragen.
  • Piraterie: naja, Piraterie eben. Wenn man sich gewisse Beiträge im Forum ansieht, merkt man schnell: Derzeit ist es nicht schwer an die Installer zu kommen. Viel leichter wirds da also auch nicht. Nichts desto trotz muss natürlich ein neues Kopierschutzsystem entworfen werden, was die entsprechenden Add-Ons nach Ablauf des gebuchten Zeitraums sicher deaktiviert. Das könnte der Idee zu einem ernsthaften Problem werden. Gleichzeitig könnte sich das wieder auf positiv auf die Piraterie auswirken: Wer mtl. zahlt und damit umfangreiches Material bekommt, wird vielleicht weniger auf Piraterie zurückgreifen. VIELLEICHT, wirklich vorhersagen kann man sowas ja leider nie.
  • Mimimi: Ein Launcher wird es whol oder übel damit geben müssen. Es folgt: mimimimi :P

So viel mal zu meiner Idee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about actually using a subscription model?

The number of add-ons is increasing steadily. Especially beginners are faced with a enormous number of scenes. However, "long-time residents" who want to Beautify your flight simulator, have a hard time choosing.

The Airport? If so, which one? Or would you prefer ne general scenery? Devaluation which there? Prefer rather fly in Germany and buy NE Germany, Spain or would you prefer? But maybe more times a certain plane? The choice has become endless, the Flusi fast paced. Maybe I persuaded a friend to a common flight with the new SP3 from Airbus to a joint flight. Damn, but I have an airport of its preferred route is not, alas, the Airbus is also missing ... buy extra? Because then I for one flight (because otherwise never in the area and perhaps no Airbus friend) add-ons need?

I think you know what I mean. The FluSi is expensive.

Therefore, a request / idea: A subscription model!

Instead of dozens of add-ons to buy, I rent me this easily by prepaid / debit. So I can sometimes use scenery which I would otherwise never actually use - for one flight up.
It is of course economically disastrous to offer the entire range Aerosoft for 10 € or so. A modular system would be more helpful here.

Maybe I'm so all your favorite aircraft already together ?! Or my scenes are already completely according to my wishes ?! Then I would not use it, yes. So we split the whole. For example, in:

• Tools
  • Airliner
  • General Aviation
  • VFR Airfields
  • Airports
  • Global Setting

Depending on the scope, each module has its own naturally recurring price. So I can now select my right constellation and pay. Then I get access to the appropriate add-ons. After Abaluf from the period, disable it independently. This gives me a Flusianer of course, a whole new flexibility. For Aerosoft if necessary, a certain degree of planning.

Of course, this idea also has some problems:

• Settlement: How to efficiently settle something efficiently with external partners? That is not easy. So it would make sense if "leidiglich" productions belong to start this service. In the future, you could give new partners to choose whether they want to join this program or not. Existing one can ask yes also.
  • Piracy: well, just piracy. When certain posts in the forum you look, you realize quickly: Currently, it is not hard to get to the installer. So much easier things will not go as well. Nevertheless, must, of course, a new copy protection system be designed, what the appropriate add-ons disabled sure after the end of the period booked. This could be the idea of ​​becoming a serious problem. At the same time, that could again have a positive impact on piracy: Who mtl. pay in order to acquire a wealth of material might rely less on piracy. PERHAPS can really predict you something unfortunately never.
  • Mimimi: A launcher will have whol or ill give it. It follows mimimimi :P

So many times my idea.

• Aerosoft

The main problem with that is that we pay many of our external developers via a royalty system per sold copy. We also serve as just a 'sales channel' for many products created by others (these products do not carry our name). Apart from that I am rather sure our customers are not ready for it.

What is going to happen in regards to jetway animation for airport sceneries? Everybody is doing different things in trying to achieve the same goal.
Would it be possible to come to some kind of universal standard?

We will soon have the following systems:
1. FSX default, inverse kinematics, Ctrl +J jetway animation.
See here: http://www.fsdevelop..._video_tutorial

Limited system, simplified animations, lots of bugs, implementation is not developer friendly, free for the end user.

2. AES jetway animation based on BGL opcodes & graphics engine hacks.
See here: http://forum.aerosof...-more/?p=588234

Perfect animation options, relies on low-level hacks & legacy code, not cross-platform, requires implementation by 1st party instead of scenery developer, (most of the time) pay-per-airport for the end user.

3. Simobjects Display Engine (SODE) using FSX/FSX:SE/ESP/P3D native Simconnect interfacing.
See here: http://www.fsdevelop...control.433492/

This is what FSX native jetways were supposed to be, allows multiple user-controlled jetways, very developer friendly, still in development, no licence required for developers & users (donationware).

4. Airport Controller (AC) using FSX/FSX:SE/ESP/P3D native Simconnect interfacing.

See here:
http://forum.aerosof...-preview/page-4
http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=english
http://forum.aerosof...eview/?p=630991

Not much is known, appears to be similar to SODE, licensed by developer/Aerosoft.

I really don't think the end users would like to use 4 different jetway systems, depending which airport scenery they are using at the moment. Can Aerosoft as a large player do something about this? What is the plan for the future for the development community?

• 2 weeks later...