Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

Is anyone from Aerosoft going to reply to my post or not? As I see all other posts have been answered within a few hours.

Give them chance you only posted it yesterday.

• Upvote 3

a320maxi,

My position in Aerosoft is only moderating/testing, but maybe you will get response from the management too.

In the meantime, however, I would like to share some thoughts on what you wrote if you don't mind.

Lets say a "newbie" at Aerosoft comes to ask about the famous wingflex question (...)

(...) They are asking for support in a good manner and what they get is this?

See, compare these two fragments of your post.

Aerosoft's forums are commercial forums where their administrators set the rules. And, in my eyes, these rules are good, fair and reasonable, maybe even exemplary.

These forums are mainly for Aerosoft products' support, but there are also a few subforums (e.g. Radio Chatter) for some more loose talks (within limits of course).

But 'support' means 'solving problems'. Seeing no wingflex does not represent a problem to support and fix.

I haven't seen any example of bad or aggressive SUPPORT here. Can you link any (1000th question about wingflex and weather radar excluded, please - this is not support)?

If you want, you can vote my post down the much you want (...) If this post gets voted down, then its a clear reply that the things I stated above are true.

This is not very nice, to be honest. The voting system has been set for a purpose. And, better or worse, it does work. Aerosoft staff are not dumb - they know what they are doing.

Your words sound quite provocative, won't you agree? And yet, later you add this:

Is anyone from Aerosoft going to reply to my post or not?

We all are trying to be patient and polite here. Please be too. ;)

• Upvote 1

a320maxi,

My position in Aerosoft is only moderating/testing, but maybe you will get response from the management too.

In the meantime, however, I would like to share some thoughts on what you wrote if you don't mind.

See, compare these two fragments of your post.

Aerosoft's forums are commercial forums where their administrators set the rules. And, in my eyes, these rules are good, fair and reasonable, maybe even exemplary.

These forums are mainly for Aerosoft products' support, but there are also a few subforums (e.g. Radio Chatter) for some more loose talks (within limits of course).

But 'support' means 'solving problems'. Seeing no wingflex does not represent a problem to support and fix.

I haven't seen any example of bad or aggressive SUPPORT here. Can you link any (1000th question about wingflex and weather radar excluded, please - this is not support)?

This is not very nice, to be honest. The voting system has been set for a purpose. And, better or worse, it does work. Aerosoft staff are not dumb - they know what they are doing.

Your words sound quite provocative, won't you agree? And yet, later you add this:

We all are trying to be patient and polite here. Please be too. ;)

Hello,

I know my posts sound provocative (and your smiley at the end of yours does also), but I dont think its unpolite to be a little bit provocative sometimes. I recognise the choice to put the word "support" was a fault of mine, I correct myself: "they are asking questions and...". I either didnt mention in any part of the post, that the forum rules are bad, I appealled, that Aerosoft should apply them fully to all, because sometimes it seems, that they dont fully apply to some more experienced users. About the voting down of my post: I dont think its not nice what I said, why should it be? I was just saying my opinion, at least from my point of view it was only an opinion. I know that Aerosoft saff arent dumb, neither did I say that. Aksing for an answer after 1 day isnt unpolite, if someone asked me that, I would simply understand it, that the member has the right to ask for an answer.

I dont want to troll Aerosoft, I want to help to make it beter (OMG, these words are gonna mean my death, please, this is only a thought of me, no prediction, so I definitely dont want these words to be encountered as a provocation, sorry in advance if someone does), I dont know if you understand me: Nothing can be perfect, but with people trying to do so, things get at least a little step closer to it. So please understand my posts as a feedback, not as a provocation.

Still loving Aerosoft

Regards

Max

Edit: about agressive support, there was some example for it, in my previous post, the second example, the guy was asking how to do something that wasnt discussed before (he said, other members probably agreed, they gave no link to a topic with the same problem) so that is support from my point of view.

And once more: Remeber, this is not a war declaration from me, if you understand it as a war declaration, so then, please excuse me.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I have read your post(s) and your PM(s) about this. And you got some good points, things are not always perfect, moderators are not machines, nor are other support staff. When things go wrong I talk to the moderators, but I do so in private of course

However I feel that overall our forums are very friendly, very helpful and a nice place to be. I have been moderating forums for over 20 years now and I feel that rules and regulations are fine but they have never solved something. I much rather have people behave because they want to, not because they are forced to.

I do not see a big (or even small) problem at this moment however. Our forums are growing fast, over 100 new registrations a day, page views are growing with 5% a month, so I see no reason to change any behavior at this moment. There is no way we can make everybody happy all the time.

I take note of your comments though.

• Upvote 4

I have read your post(s) and your PM(s) about this. And you got some good points, things are not always perfect, moderators are not machines, nor are other support staff. When things go wrong I talk to the moderators, but I do so in private of course

However I feel that overall our forums are very friendly, very helpful and a nice place to be. I have been moderating forums for over 20 years now and I feel that rules and regulations are fine but they have never solved something. I much rather have people behave because they want to, not because they are forced to.

I do not see a big (or even small) problem at this moment however. Our forums are growing fast, over 100 new registrations a day, page views are growing with 5% a month, so I see no reason to change any behavior at this moment. There is no way we can make everybody happy all the time.

I take note of your comments though.

Thank you very much for replying and taking note of my comments. :)

• Members

Hello,

I really like the Aerosoft forums, there are nice people...mostly. However... I have to complain about something, I have read the forum rules and regulations and have found some problems. Eventhough the rules, I can sometimes find posts, which are already on the edge to be called "insulting". I didnt have that problem myself, but others experienced it. Lets say a "newbie" at Aerosoft comes to ask about the famous wingflex question, he doesnt want to read the aprox. 50 pages of a preview, neither is he obligated to do it, posts his question and the first answer is something in the way like "There is NO wingflex! Stop asking stupid things" I suppose, that this type of answer from an experienced user with 350+ posts doesnt make the best image to Aerosoft. The funny part begins when the newbie gets voted down... And that on his first week, maybe even day at Aerosoft... Now the newbie feels attacked and responses back, wanting the answer-guy not to be so rude and complaining about Aerosoft's users behaviour and voila, which post gets first voted down and maybe even deleted...? The post of the newbie complaining about the behaviour of the other user. Another very good example showing this was a topic about something I dont remember (but I will try to find that topic) where a newbie asked for something and one of the answers was something like "I would rather prefer to see a nice Aerosoft member asking real questions than you asking such a dumb question." The question was voted down and the newbie replied "I would rather prefer you not being such a dumba**" and once more the miracle happened, rude answer voted up and the newbie posts voted all the way down. The funny part started when the newbie asking for support got an allert, that his post will be deleted if he continues like that. I mean, what the hell is that?! This looks like some users treat the newbies like Ryanair their passengers. They are asking for support in a good manner and what they get is this? Sometimes it looks like the forum rules and regulations only apply to newbies without experience... Of course... I dont say that the newbie isnt annoying sometimes, but he definitelly doesnt deserve this treatment from some members.

Aerosoft should really regulate this much stronger and take a look at it.

If you want, you can vote my post down the much you want, but for me the reputation points just arent a refference to the real person sitting in front of the computer, because the reputation points, both negative and positive, are often given without any acceptable reason. If this post gets voted down, then its a clear reply that the things I stated above are true.

Greetings

Max

Hi Max,

Sorry for the delay, but I only look randomly into this forum as it is not too crowdy. ;)

I think we should really take more care on newbies and try to make them happy as they are the future of the flightsim community.

Its better to answer a question twice or more than to make a newbie unhappy.

I will discuss this with our support and forum people to find the way for this.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Upvote 2

Hi Max,

Sorry for the delay, but I only look randomly into this forum as it is not too crowdy. ;)

I think we should really take more care on newbies and try to make them happy as they are the future of the flightsim community.

Its better to answer a question twice or more than to make a newbie unhappy.

I will discuss this with our support and forum people to find the way for this.

Kind regards

Winfried

Thank you very much for being so kind. :)

PS: By the way... the June and March screenshot competition still have no winner, would it be possible to take a look at them?

OK Mathijs, here is one for you, I don't know if I can post this link here but if I can't please feel free to remove it but I think that this thread is VERY informative as to help making a informed decision about this product, http://www.simforums.com/forums/ftx-global-and-gex-important-update-on-8-2-2013_topic46632.html

Here is my questions, what is Aerosoft position regarding FTXG, another word, will your products (any or all of them) be 100% compatible with FTXG or have you decided not to supply what's needed for Orbx to make sure they are?

Another word, what will happen if one customer (after buying FTXG) find out that (for what ever reason down the road Orbx decide change something) his favorite developer(s) are not in compliance with FTXG (compatibility) or locked out of it?

The problem I can see happening down the road is that a customer will have to chose camp, (Do I hear Flight war all over again?).

I know you as a straight shooter.

Alain

• Aerosoft

We will try to be as compatible as possible, but it is not of our highest priority. For our own products we will try to find the time to do some updates, but we will not delay development of existing projects. For projects of external developers this decision is theirs to make. As always being compatible with FSX is our main goal, being fully compatible with the thousands of 3rd party add-ons is impossible.

• Upvote 1

We will try to be as compatible as possible, but it is not of our highest priority. For our own products we will try to find the time to do some updates, but we will not delay development of existing projects. For projects of external developers this decision is theirs to make. As always being compatible with FSX is our main goal, being fully compatible with the thousands of 3rd party add-ons is impossible.

That was fast, thank you for your answer, I understand that one can't be 100% compatible with whom does not follow the SDK but to whom does there should be NO problems as far as compatibility what so ever.

Stay safe flying Mathijs,

Alain

Alain's question was dealing with FTX Global ("FTXG") in particular, as it's supposed to change core files of FSX, (see the link Alain provided). With these core FSX files possibly out of place the question arises what Aerosoft are going to do if a FTX Global installation prevents Aerosoft addons from working properly. (Compatibility of Aerosoft addons with FTX Global in particular; compatibility with addons that don't change FSX core files should be less of a problem.)

I don't want to interfere with this management<->customers thread, but do take in consideration Nick is the developer of GEX for which FTX has become the main (unbeaten?) competition now.

The end of one and the beginning of another era. So, as much respect as I have towards Nick and his tweaking knowledge, he has just gone over the top with this post. Just my three eurocents.

• Upvote 2

I don't want to interfere with this management<->customers thread, but do take in consideration Nick is the developer of GEX for which FTX has become the main (unbeaten?) competition now.

The end of one and the beginning of another era. So, as much respect as I have towards Nick and his tweaking knowledge, he has just gone over the top with this post. Just my three eurocents.

Are you serious? Please, tell me you understand the point I was making. Look at it from another angle, let say that Nick as nothing to do with GEX, will this make what he posted in his link no true, of course not, so what he posted is not only for GEX but for ALL 3PD to be aware of.

Nick is not talking about GEX only but about ALL developers, all customers from Aerosoft or any other company may have a problems with their add on because of the way FTXG is configured, like it or not, that as nothing to do with being involved with GEX but more about a company trying to take over FSX.

There is already problems with some developers, here is a quote taken from another forum, I don't want to post the link here because it's from another forum but if I have permission I will.

Quote"

I contacted Beeteprint, the guys who make Experience X ...their nightnights( and even actually show the streetlamps) work perfect in DX10 mode and it is scaleable to how much or little you want....They made patches to make it work with UTX as well.

Their reply:

"Hello Steve, unfortunately our product is not compatible with Orbx.

The team ORBX does not respond our emails and also ignore our desire to make ExperienceX be compatible with Orbx.

Sorry."

I guess FTX lead man is talking out of both sides of his mouth asking for help then refusing to work with other devs.....maybe they should rethink their stance eh?

They shouldn't have tried to make a hack of using trees for lights, it doesn't work because trees don't have lights....

Unfortunately now I can't use this addon anymore due to having installed FTXG. I fly a lot at night kind of a bummer and really ###### me off for a $90.00 add-on. DX9 drops me from 60+ fps to 35 and I really don't want to go back to OOMS and slower framerates.

The other thing is I don't want to hear how it's unfixable. If a 1 man dev team can make night lights using autogen and have it working perfect in DX 10 then there is absolutely zero excuse. Sorry I don't want to be fed any more BS.

End of quote"

To each his own but I sure don't want a 3PD telling me from whom I should buy my products to be 100% compatible with theirs because they are trying to take over, they should all be able to be compatible with FSX if the SDK is followed as Ace intended to be, and if you don't think that a take over can happen sooner than later you just have to wait and see, after that it will be their way or no way, $$$ talk and bull ### walk.

• Upvote 1

Alain's question was dealing with FTX Global ("FTXG") in particular, as it's supposed to change core files of FSX, (see the link Alain provided). With these core FSX files possibly out of place the question arises what Aerosoft are going to do if a FTX Global installation prevents Aerosoft addons from working properly. (Compatibility of Aerosoft addons with FTX Global in particular; compatibility with addons that don't change FSX core files should be less of a problem.)

I could have not explained it better, Aerosoft is a great company and as been in the market for a long time, they DO care about their customers.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to be annoying, I only want to be sure, that my post doesnt get lost in the big ammount of other posts...

The JUNE and MAY screenshot competitions

still have no winner. ;)

Sorry to be annoying, I only want to be sure, that my post doesnt get lost in the big ammount of other posts...

The JUNE and MAY screenshot competitions

still have no winner. ;)

Hi,

The winners for both have been announced by Mathijs.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Mathijs, I sent you a PM.

Thank you,

Alain

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, Im wondering what would you think about something that could be called- Aerosoft Naval Series- Yeah, imagine the construction of accurate and detailed controlable naval models for FSX and in conjunction a tool able to walk inside in 1st person. Given the point, also 3d ports could be developed later on.

For example, the Kitty Hawk that will come with the F-14 is a quite good example, WHY DONT MAKE A FULL CARRIER,CONTROLLABLE AND OPERATIVE ?

Cheers.

• Aerosoft

Hi guys, Im wondering what would you think about something that could be called- Aerosoft Naval Series- Yeah, imagine the construction of accurate and detailed controlable naval models for FSX and in conjunction a tool able to walk inside in 1st person. Given the point, also 3d ports could be developed later on.

For example, the Kitty Hawk that will come with the F-14 is a quite good example, WHY DONT MAKE A FULL CARRIER,CONTROLLABLE AND OPERATIVE ?

Cheers.

We do not think that is a large enough commercial market, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers.

Should be very nice: there are lots of very beautiful airfields but carriers .......................