Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

Hi, Winfried!

I have a question for you, well sort off two parts. The first would be: where do you see Aerosoft in 5-7 years? What will have changed? Maybe a new kind of direction for the company, different structure of management? The second would be: is Aerosoft there where you thought it will be 5-7 years ago? What has failed and what succeeded overwhelmingly? It's interesting stuff for me!

Regards,

Kaspars

• Deputy Sheriffs

Winfried, I'm one of many who will be glad to see the voting system back. That said, it's a real test of character to try something new on principle, more so to reverse the decision. I'm glad you gave it enough of a go to provide a fair chance.

Hi, Winfried!

I have a question for you, well sort off two parts. The first would be: where do you see Aerosoft in 5-7 years? What will have changed? Maybe a new kind of direction for the company, different structure of management? The second would be: is Aerosoft there where you thought it will be 5-7 years ago? What has failed and what succeeded overwhelmingly? It's interesting stuff for me!

Regards,

Kaspars

I would like to say that this is a very interesting question, and a one that I would also like to see the answer to.

Also I would like to say that I consider ASN an interesting site, with good content, and I will try to make a point of it to visit it more. Although I have to admit I find the layout somewhat user unfriendly.

Remaining on the topic of ASN, is it possible to submit content? We used to have a local "FS webzine" for lack of a better term, and it had a very nice article about free sceneries for FS2004 in CIS region. I might like to write something similar to this for FSX, and I think it might be a fit for ASN.

• Members

Hi Kaspars,

That's a very difficult question.

In our industrie it's not possible to plan for more than 3 years because markets and products are changing too fast.

But 5 years ago we expected a new MS FlightSimulator pretty soon and because of that a stabil community and customership and much more steady box sales.

This didn't happen and so we had to look for new opportunities.

In about 3-4 years I expect still a strong FSX community and a much stronger X-Plane community.

It might become more and more difficult to get new / young people interested in flight simulation, because of a missing standard simulator.

Aerosoft perhaps will generate a bigger part of its business outside flight simulation, but still flight simulation will be the main part of our business.

Management will not change so much because we have done this 2 years ago when Sascha stepped into the management, but we will improve our activities online and in direct customers relations.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Upvote 3

Hi SteMapelli,

I don't understand your posting.

What do you mean exactly?

Winfried

Wait, are you now seriously asking customers who have a very shady status on this forum to publically and openly complain about one of your employees?

• Upvote 6

• Members

I do not complain of professionalism in his work Mathijs (airbus x extended) which I think it is not serious and reliable.

Hi SteMapelli,

Lets discuss this in an email to me.

Winfried

• Members

As I own many of the products your company sold or produced and sold (starting back with FS2002) in the past and I estimate that it will be even more in the future (I like boxed versions :D ), I would be very glad to have a notification by e-mail about updates for products that I bought and registered.

As your support database (where you have to register for updates in most of the cases) already works with e-mail adresses, it might be a cool feature to get notified about new updates, as it is very likely that users like me with many products just lose the overview at some point. :D

Hi,

This is a good idea and at present we are working on solution to let our customers know, if there is a new update.

If you like to get more information, please send me a email.

Winfried

Hi.

Since the problem with Helsinki scenery and AseData.dll are gone with the new installer of this scenery, will Aerosoft make new installers for the other tree scenery's that use this online activation?

Brgds

Stein-Ove Rud

• Aerosoft

Hi.

Since the problem with Helsinki scenery and AseData.dll are gone with the new installer of this scenery, will Aerosoft make new installers for the other tree scenery's that use this online activation?

Brgds

Stein-Ove Rud

I think this is not something for our CEO. As far as I am aware all these issues are currently solved. If not drop a mail to support@aerosoft.com and I will have people take another look at it.

Mathijs, recently there have been very strong comments about you on some German forums regarding your attitude towards piracy. I understand you do not want to comment there. but can you do it here?

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, recently there have been very strong comments about you on some German forums regarding your attitude towards piracy. I understand you do not want to comment there. but can you do it here?

I will be glad to. Though I have not seen the comments I can more or less guess what they were, lol. The strangest thing is that I am often seen as the person why brought protection to Aerosoft while everybody IN Aerosoft knows I am very reluctant to implement it. Just look at the products I am responsible for, none of them uses online activation, it's all just serial and email. Been like that for every product (in all companies I worked for) I managed. The Airbus X Extended will have no protection apart from serial code. I am sure some jerk will pirate it. So be it.

My personal opinion (that does NOT have to be the opinion of Aerosoft) is that piracy is not very important from a commercial point of view. I do not think we loose a lot of sale when a product is available on thepiratebay. Our customers are on the whole nice people who would not steal software. I also feel that if we make things harder for legit customers it becomes easier for people to select a less legal source. I own two products (games), paid fully for them. One has a protection system that is so complex I just cannot be bothered. The other accuses me of being a pirate for some reason I refuse to sort out. Again I paid for them, fully. But now I get pirated version because it is just easier. I'll not buy from those people again. But you got to understand we also have to deal with the developer. They work for months on a product, we start to sell it and a few hours later some rat posts the files on torrent sites. Believe me, that hurts. If they want online activation we will offer it to them. Even though that will make some customers not buy it and it will raise customer support. Now this a personal view and it might not represent our company view. Also note that I am just managing departments and only advise my CEO in how Aerosoft handles.

That said, I am THE person in Aerosoft who hunts pirates. I loath them. It's sort of a hobby. I catch one a week on average. It's fun. Pirates are often pretty stupid. last week there was one guy who even used his real email address in a comment on a torrent site. We are now tracking how many downloads that torrent gets. In a few weeks we'll surprise him. No rush, the hole he will fall in will get deeper and deeper. Sure it won't mean much in the wide view, but this guys will pay us a few thousand Euro. That's money for the developer and a bit for us.

In the mean time I checked out the forum you did not mention and was surprised. What's written there is just nonsense. There were developers that wanted very serious counter measures at that time, but it was never done (no matter what silly articles were written) and I was one of the persons who prevented them from being implemented. It hurts to be accused of something that never happened because you were the one who prevented it from being used. I just wonder why people can write that on a forum that does not allow personal attacks according to it's own rules. Ahh well I get a glass of wine and forget it, lol.

• Upvote 12

I have another question: Some add-on developers offer you a demo version of the scenery (for example, usable for 5 minutes and after that, buildings etc. are removed). Since nowadays all customers have different computers and nothing is more frustrating than buying an add-on and see it does not meet your expectations (low FPS, quality). You cannot return the product, so in this case it would be convenient to have a trial/demo version. I really like it and Always download a demo first before buying the scenery...

I have a couple of questions for Aerosoft management

1. For Aerosoft what do you see as more profitable for the company

scenery addons or aircraft addons???

2.What is your most profitable scenery addon for Aerosoft???

3.What is your most profitable aircraft addon for aerosoft???

4.Since Aerosoft focuses on the european region for developing most of their scenery addons,im just wondering what is your most profitable scenery addon that is outside of the european region for aerosoft???

5.Whats is Aerosofts most hardest aircraft addon that they have ever made?

6.What is Aerosofts most hardest scenery addon that they have ever made?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

4.Since Aerosoft focuses on the european region for developing most of their scenery addons,im just wondering what is your most profitable scenery addon that is outside of the european region for aerosoft???

Winfried will reply, but I can tell you the answer to #5, that's the Airbus X EXTENDED for sure!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mathijs is it okay to ask how many copies of the Airbus X Extended you sold only on Monday when you released it?

Just a little curious, because I've got the feeling that many have been waiting for it :)

• Aerosoft

Mathijs is it okay to ask how many copies of the Airbus X Extended you sold only on Monday when you released it?

Just a little curious, because I've got the feeling that many have been waiting for it :)

It's okay to ask but I am sure my CEO would not like me to reply.

I can say it's the fastest selling product we ever have released and that it will make this December the best month we have had in a few years.

It's okay to ask but I am sure my CEO would not like me to reply.

I can say it's the fastest selling product we ever have released and that it will make this December the best month we have had in a few years.

Perfect! it makes me incredibly happy :-) I know how much time you have put into this project. You and the rest on the Aerosoft team truly deserves this.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, considering all the other more important issues right now.

Have a really nice Christmas Mathijs and the rest of the AS team

• Members

Hi Varcolac5

I will try to answer all your questions.

1. There are no differences between genres if a product has a good quality and the content (airport/aircraft) .

2. Do you mean scenery as landscape or including airports?

3. We some really good and profitable aircraft in the last years, the best are Beaver, TwinOtter, Airbus.

4. That's a good question? I suppose it will be Lukla.

5. That's easy to answer, Airbus X extended.

6. Perhaps the VFR Germany serie, but I am not sure.

I hope this has more or less answered your questions.

I wish all visitors of our forum a Merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful year 2013.

May all your wishes come true.

Winfried

Hi Varcolac5

I will try to answer all your questions.

1. There are no differences between genres if a product has a good quality and the content (airport/aircraft) .

2. Do you mean scenery as landscape or including airports?

3. We some really good and profitable aircraft in the last years, the best are Beaver, TwinOtter, Airbus.

4. That's a good question? I suppose it will be Lukla.

5. That's easy to answer, Airbus X extended.

6. Perhaps the VFR Germany serie, but I am not sure.

I hope this has more or less answered your questions.

I wish all visitors of our forum a Merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful year 2013.

May all your wishes come true.

Winfried

Thanks for replying to my questions

For question number 2 i meant scenery including airports

I hope you have a merry christmas and a happy and safe new year and for Aerosoft to have a prosperous 2013!!!

PS i have one more question : Since Aerosoft is a german company is it banned from making German aircraft from World War two under German law because of the symbols that the aircraft carried back then???

Will aerosoft make asia addon? I currently on have GEX pacific,i know if aerosoft is doing it they will done it great :) And asia airport :( Very few i seen,imangesim is very heavy on fps .

Wondering why alot company din make asia addon :( like so left out.please please my only request !

regards

Niceify

Greatings from Spain !

2 days ago I bought FlightSim Commander 7 at Aeroteca in Barcelona, a shop specialized in aeronautical products. Then i realised its impossible to get acces to the DAFIF database.

I explained the shop assistant the problem, and he said if Aerosoft considerated it was a defective product, i could change it for the latest version.

My question is, why are they sitll selling a defective version, and who is the responsable of all this, aerosoft or Aeroteca?

I wait for news.