Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

• Members

Hi John,

I want to test the necessity of such a system by switching it off.

If the style of the threads will now go different, we will switch it on again.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Aerosoft

I do not complain of professionalism in his work Mathijs (airbus x extended) which I think it is not serious and reliable.

SteMapelli, if you reread my post I said we would be able to set a date, not that we would be able to share it with the forum users. I am sorry you feel upset that we cannot give you any information on the release date, but the fact is simple, we need to sort out these issues first. You have posted a whole series of questions about the release date and I can understand it is not pleasant not to get a fixed reply, but I simply cannot do anything else. You could of course just avoid the preview forum and wait for the product to be released.

You have already been warned a few times and have even had a temporary ban for your behavior. This does not really make me feel more lenient.

• Upvote 2

I do not complain of professionalism in his work Mathijs (airbus x extended) which I think it is not serious and reliable.

SteMapelli, how dare you. You have been making problems for a while and now you publically complain to his boss because you did not understand a post made? You should be lucky you are still allowed on the forum. How dare you.

• Upvote 2

Hi John,

I want to test the necessity of such a system by switching it off.

If the style of the threads will now go different, we will switch it on again.

Kind regards

Winfried

Okay mr Diekmann, I'll check in a few months then, right now the lunatics have taken over the asylum as can be seen even in this (highly respectable) topic.

• Aerosoft

I think Mathijs made a bad decision and as CEO you should correct that.

Aerosoft is Aerosoft, but I like to state this was not my decision and I am not thrilled with the results. I believe a community has a always has a self regulating mechanism that now is disabled. Bur for some German users it was a problem as Winfried explained and Germany is very very important for us. It is clearly something we still have to discuss a bit internally. Perhaps we need to find out why it is only German users who have issues and approach them different, perhaps only show the voting to users who have no problems with it.

It's a complex issue with many different aspects.

• Aerosoft

What about ASN=Aerosoft Sim News? I am surprised there are no photos or any description of that side of the AEROSOFT expansion in this section.I would like to add that I feel very much informed in the way all aspects of simulation is heading through this site, http://asn.aerosoft.com/ ,not only does this site keep you up to date on releases as they happen but so far has enjoyed a non biast approach which shows a very high level of maturity on the part played by Aerosoft. It is without a doubt very well managed and I am also impressed by its editor and its well laid out delivery.Please tell me Wdiekmann, is this part of Aerosoft going to last the test of time? I am like so many others reliant of this site, and would appreciate any feedback you can provide for me on this.

Thanks

Richard Lincoln (JAMESBERRY)

Thanks Richard, I cannot speak for Winfried but as this topic was unanswered for a while I can at least tell you something about it (I am partly responsible for ASN).

ASN is an important site for us. See, even though Aerosoft is doing very well (we are expanding every year), the well being of the whole 'hobby' is very important to us and we felt there was a gap in the news gathering there. There are great sites like AVSIM and simFlight but they tend to focus on their own audience that was more or less selected many years ago. We wanted a site that catered for all kinds of serious simulation, had a modern design and would even included some of the most important news of real aviation etc.

We are a bit cautious in promoting it using Aerosoft resources because it will need to carve it's own niche with the content, not with our marketing department. See we do pay for the server and some other costs but ASN is independent. Almost every major FS site has it's commercial branche (simFlight <-> simMarket, AVSIM <-> AVSIM Store, FlightSim <-> Pilot Store etc), this is just the other way around. If you check you will see a lot of reviews on products we do not sell so we think it is clear we do not control this media. For sure ASN is here to stay, visitor number grow every week and it is simply doing very well. It does not even have advertisements!

• Aerosoft

maybe there's another topic for this question, but anyway, have you considered making a Mega Airport Malaga? That would be great :)

Please copy that to hereTobias so it does not get lost. We do read that topic every day and I always have a list with possible projects to discuss with colleagues based on that. I know Winfried loves Spain so he might push it forwards, lol.

As a developer I feel kind of obligated to also participate on giving support for the projects I have been part of.

I also feel that I have the right to show up here defend decisions we have made during developement etc.

While free speech should be every humans right it still means that You must be responsible for what You say.

Happily most posts are positive, informative and serious, but there are also a little group (as in real life) that really can start up and feed useless, unserious discussions and rants.

Without the voting system I have very little feedback wether my posts are recieved positivly or not, infact to get the same level of feedback as the rather simple voting system would mean alot of stupid +1 -1 posts that just would flood the forum and other people would simply stop reading cause they don´t want to read through xx pages of nothing.

I have a real hard time figuring out whats so wrong with the voting system, its the best ways to tell trolls that their posts are not accepted by the other users and not just by us developers, forum moderators etc.

Without a voting system the moderators will be the bad censurating guys, cause it will really mean toughher hands by them if this forum shouldn´t become a state of anarky.

Until now the Aerosoft forums has ben the most open and least censurated forum within this hobby.

I won´t name them, but I know alot of forums where unwanted (though still legible) posts simply are removed, just because a certain moderating developer or forum moderator doesn´t like to see it posted.

I think Aerosoft will do just fine with the good old style of openess while still giving the other users the option to tell whats Ok to post and whats not in what I deem as a real democratic way.

Personally I think I will become less present here without a voting system, simply because I won´t seek troubles where I´m defenceless with no option for others to back me up in an easy way.

On the otherhand having my own posts downvoted is also a clear way for me to see when I´m on a wrong path.

Just my "few" words to this discussion.

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

(Aerosoft developer)

• Upvote 4

+5 :excellenttext_s:

By the way I take the chance to congratulate Aerosft's management for contributing so much to our community, by giving us superior quality addons, at competitive prices.

Truly, everytime you release something new, I feel I have to buy it, even if it's in the other side of the world!

Congratulations and keep on going!

Ahhh.... Ignored.

To add on what Finn said,

Its sad to see what the forum had tumbled into (hence the purpose of the reference of my post above), I can clearly see the exhaustion of moderators (and even Mathijs) trying to keep the preview thread straight and going. We clearly have a few users (not all) who likes to provoke other users by asking for certain things that is already known taboo.

This certainly is not a democratic forum and that means YOU HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO POST BUT BE PREPARED TO BE HELD GUNPOINT for what you said. People who think they can get away just because they are online and untraceable, I think you look into your own lives and you will see that not only you are having problems online, you are having problems with your personal life. Why? The apples doesn't fall far from a tree.

This post may start a fireball but hopefully it gives users a reality check. If you are under constant "attack" by moderators and all this, perhaps its time to reflect on what you did wrong and instead of defending yourselves, think hard on how can you be helpful. if you cant be helpful, LEAVE THIS PLACE.

This post reflects my opinion and is not representative of aerosoft.

• Upvote 3

Guest CAT3Dual

As I own many of the products your company sold or produced and sold (starting back with FS2002) in the past and I estimate that it will be even more in the future (I like boxed versions :D ), I would be very glad to have a notification by e-mail about updates for products that I bought and registered.

As your support database (where you have to register for updates in most of the cases) already works with e-mail adresses, it might be a cool feature to get notified about new updates, as it is very likely that users like me with many products just lose the overview at some point. :D

Hi Mathijs,

I like to support the wish for a notification when updates are available as recommended by Cat3Dual.

That's something that should easily be added for example to the frequent advertising mails we all get.

Or - as Cat3Dual wrote - as an extra information for registed customers based on the installation data (if available) and automatically sent when something is added to the support database.

Good for customers and at least very good for the Aerosoft support if always the newest version of an addon is installed.

BTW: wasn't it planned to use the launcher for such benefit? And is it really used?

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Members

Hello,

We have tested it and we found out that it is not working!

The general attitude in our forums became worst in the last weeks.

Words like idiot, impertinence etc. were used more and more and that's is not the style I expected in a support forum.

So the red and green arrows will be switched on again on Monday.

Our support forum is created to offer a fast help to customers which have problems with our products and not for getting rid of frustrations.

For all other things regarding Aerosoft in general we have this thread created.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Upvote 4