Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

• Members

I have many, many Aerosoft Products, Almost all USCITIESX, 10+ Sceneries, numerous airplanes, numerous Mega Airports and have been a loyal customer of Aerosoft for many years. I have ordered from Aerosoft in Germany and the USA office.

I had a problem with an order that I placed yesterday on Aerosoft.com which I will not get into detail here about since it involves serial numbers etc. for a Aerosoft product. I made a very dumb mistake in the order and am trying to get it straightend out.

I sent an detailed email to info@aerosoft.com describing the order number and problem and asked how to fix it.

This morning I got a very short, terse response (I will not name the person here who sent me the email) basically saying "tough", we have your money. It is very obvious the person who responded to me did not even read my email and did not understand the problem of my own making.

I would appreciate an email address of someone at Aerosoft that I could get to read and understand my email. I have sent the email to info@aerosoft.com and sales@aerosoft.com

Hi,

Please send all the details to info@aerosoft.de and put my name in the topic.

I will find a solution for your problem.

Sometimes emails are looking like a standard one, but the content is different and nobody recognized this.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Members

Hello newmanix:

Our main problem with the development of a new flightsimulator was, that there was no game engine which fit into such a project. 100 miles visibility and round earth seems to be very difficult for engines.

X-Plane has made a really big step in graphics and usibility from version 9 to 10.

So we thought, let's put our knowledge into this existing product and perhaps X-Plane 11 might be a simulator most of the community like.

@ Erix and @ Chad: Prepare3d is a training simulator based on FSX (ESP). Because of the situation it can not become a new flight simulator or a successor of FSX.

We will try to make most of our new products fully compatible with prepare3d if that is possible.

We have no influence on Lockheed and their development and strategies. So we can't really believe in prepare3d for a longer future.

@gmaya10: The Latin American region is very interesting for us, but we don't have enough information about the communities and the market in those countries.

In Mexico FlyMex is bringing our products into the market and we have our Spanish website for information about products and download.

We would be happy to get deeper into this interesting region.

@A346:

We will offer updates from FSX to X-Plane if our contracts with the developers allow this.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Upvote 2

• Members

Gents,

Does Aerosoft publish an annual (financial) report? If so, would it be possible for us to take a look at it?

Regards,

Pat

Hi Pat,

There should be a short report on bundesanzeiger.de

Winfried

• Deputy Sheriffs

@ Erix and @ Chad: Prepare3d is a training simulator based on FSX (ESP). Because of the situation it can not become a new flight simulator or a successor of FSX.

We will try to make most of our new products fully compatible with prepare3d if that is possible.

We have no influence on Lockheed and their development and strategies. So we can't really believe in prepare3d for a longer future.

@A346:

We will offer updates from FSX to X-Plane if our contracts with the developers allow this.

Kind regards

Winfried

Winfried,

thanks for those 2 very important statements! As I moved my FSX to a bigger HD, I was just thinking about putting X-Plane or P3D on the old disk. I guess, I've made my decision.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Winfried, I'm sure most of the regulars by now have noticed the voting system is disabled. I know you had sound reasons for doing so, and I think a statement from you explaining why this step was taken will be helpful. Otherwise, I'm concerned that misinformation and opinion may fill the vacuum.

Mathijs,

i seen aerosoft store for fs airports addons. Do u thinks it possible in the future to have a KBNA Nashville international airport fs addon. i live near the airport and i love flying out of kbna. i would like to see an addon for it and thank you..

Why are the like/dislike buttons gone? I really liked the fact you could let another user know you appreciate what he typed. Adding a nonsense post like 'Good post' is completely annoying so right now there is no way to let it be known you like something. It also helped me to avoid the idiot posts as those were simply hidden from view for me (great forum software btw as it has all those options).

Strange decision as it was clearly used by many users. I do not want to join the stupid herds that say Aerosoft is too protective of it's forum because I accept the fact it is a company forum, but this really feels like a step back. As if you do noty trust the users of these forums. And that is strange because this is one of the nicest and most professionally run forums I got to.

John

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

i seen aerosoft store for fs airports addons. Do u thinks it possible in the future to have a KBNA Nashville international airport fs addon. i live near the airport and i love flying out of kbna. i would like to see an addon for it and thank you..

rcdc0410, best drop a request like that in this topic: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/29660-what-if-you-like-to-propose-a-project/

We read that every day and each suggestion is noted and discussed. But always keep in mind that US airports are difficult because it is very hard to get access to make the images and that we are commercial limited by the fact that all boxed distribution in the US is very limited. That simply means that it is harder to make the projects commercially possible. Not impossible, but harder.

I am very sorry, but I have to disagree to the statement Prepar3D will not become a successor of FSX. I certainly would not go so far to say it will become the successor, and I do admit there are inherent issues around Prepar3D, however, in my eyes it is the best prospective successor at hand. Respected firms like ORBX and FSDreamTeam show strong support for Prepar3D (and not for X-Plane), and polls indicate more and more FSX users are migrating to Prepar3D (while FSX no doubt will be dominant for a number of years). I think I know what I am talking about, I have been Flight Simming since 1991. FS4, Flight Unlimited and the like are still on my shelves and I tried several trial versions of X-Plane over the years. But time will tell.

Anyway, I for one spent a four-digit number of Euros for FSX software (including a considerable percentage from Aerosoft). Add the hardware, parts of which only work with FSX/Prepar3D. I wan't complain as long as I am able to install all Aerosoft products into Prepar3D (which I could do now, most of it via the Estonian tool, though). However, Aerosoft will loose me as a nearly 20 years loyal customer should they decide to leave the line of Prepar3D compatible products anytime soon.

With kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

• Members

Hi Herman,

I saw possible problems in that system, because it offered a chance for misusing it and it offered the possibility to blame people.

I think, if there are threads which are against the rules of this forum or against the style we will find other ways to tell people that we are not happy with them.

If somebody dislike a posting he should answer not vote.

Hi Michael,

Technically prepare3d is a possible successor of FSX, but as far as I know, there are contracts which don't allow this and Lockheed is a professional military company, so perhaps a 'gaming' simulator would not be good for their image.

Kind regards

Winfried

• Members

Hi John,

We have also seen these arguments and we can switch the voting system as soon on as we have switched it off.

So, let's try to run the forum without the voting system a few months, and then we have experience with and without such a system.

Kind regards

Winfried

Hi John,

We have also seen these arguments and we can switch the voting system as soon on as we have switched it off.

So, let's try to run the forum without the voting system a few months, and then we have experience with and without such a system.

Kind regards

Winfried

But mr Diekmann, you say the system offers an option to be misused and of course we all agree to that. But that was not happening and the moderation on this forum is very quick to remove nonsense. Right now an option is removed that was useful, used a lot and that all for the fear of it being misused? Your suggestion that we should reply if we like something or not just does not make much sense, if people started doing that the forum would be unusable. It would be full of 'I agree' messages, that can not be your intention. There is now just no way to show if we like or if we do not like a post.

I am sorry to push the issue (and will leave it at this) but I was honestly wondering why this was removed for a company that has such pride in open communication with it's customers. It seems to go against all that mathjis has tried to build.

Let me close by saying that removing such a usefull feature in the forums will not stop me from buying your companies great software.

• Aerosoft

However, Aerosoft will loose me as a nearly 20 years loyal customer should they decide to leave the line of Prepar3D compatible products anytime soon.

Michel I think that if you look at our products at the end of this year you will see that we are the publisher/Developer with most Prepar3D compatible add-ons. There is no reason to think we will not continue like this. At Aerosoft we like choice. FS2004/FSX/Prepar3D/XP10 we honestly do not care a lot for what platform a product is as long as it is well done and we can find customers for it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Herman,

I saw possible problems in that system, because it offered a chance for misusing it and it offered the possibility to blame people.

I think, if there are threads which are against the rules of this forum or against the style we will find other ways to tell people that we are not happy with them.

If somebody dislike a posting he should answer not vote.

Kind regards

Winfried

Thank you for the explanation, Winfried.

Thanks you for your replies, Winfried and Mathijs. Looking forward to more Prepar3D compatible products.

I really acknowledge you are taking your time to communicate with the customes.

With kind regards, Michael

Hello Mathijs I was wondering if you could help me out on a deceision? What is your honest opinon about The New Helsinki scenery would it be an airport that you find yourself flying in and out of enough to pay for itself. Like the pictures and video but would like an honest opinion.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs I was wondering if you could help me out on a deceision? What is your honest opinon about The New Helsinki scenery would it be an airport that you find yourself flying in and out of enough to pay for itself. Like the pictures and video but would like an honest opinion.

Well I am perhaps the worst person to ask for a honest decision as my income depends on these sales but I can share my personal feelings on this product. I feel it is a very important product for one simple reason. I know of no other international airport that has this many polygons and textures per covered area. It's close the edge of what's possible (*and for some users it was a bit too close). It shows what we could do for all airports if we had a bit more memory to play with. I get a solid 20 fps on the airport with enough eye candy to make it one of the finest 'big' aircraft airports I know of. I wish we could do this level of detail for the real mega airports.

I think it's brilliant, I think it is special. But I would personally only advise it if you got a 64 bit OS (or a 32 bit system that is kept clean). For those with less available memory there are some tweaks and if I am correct there will be a bit more soon, but these simplify the core product at least a bit. It's great to see a development team just go for the best they can do and make no compromises. In that way it is not a true 'Aerosoft' product because we believe that no single product should use all the resources but as hardware gets better these things will be easier and easier.

Is a true 3d brick and mortar airport possible in fsx. What i mean by that is can you actually build the airports to real tolerances like you would have to to pass a real government safety inspection. Yes i mean everything down to actual dust on the taxiways and runways and 3d concrete blocks 4 feet thick. The gore areas in between the taxiways and the runways dip and hold water when it rains. I believe it is possible. mathija can it be done?

chad hittenberger

I know I am not Aerosoft staff, but I would chime in on Chads question,

I would put this to two parts,

a) Precision of the modelling, incl. buildings and ground markings

-This, basically, only differs based on how skilled is the modeller, and how good materials (photos, blueprints, etc) you have. It is very possible to make models, markings, etc. with tolerances in centimeters, provided you have basic information to build from (like original architectonic blueprints and such).

Of course, that kind of information may be infinitely difficult to obtain...

b ) Materials, build quality (4 feet thick concrete blocks, water drainage, sloping)

-This is very limited by what FS can do. The engine in simulation simply can not distinguish between different materials, their quality and such (i.e. high-weight aircraft sinking into low-bearing asphalt), so that is impossible. As per sloping and drainage, I am also afraid that even if you did build your apron ground poly planes with this miniscule slope, it will not be discernible in FS. The simulator might even take the plane and align it horizontally with the earth model.

• Members

Hi John,

I see also the advantages of the voting system, but especially the German user had problems with that system.

It remembers to school, where teachers give plus and minus.

So I decided to test how it works without it.

Greetings

Winfried

Dear Mr. Diekmann,

I would like to ask you two questions:

1.) How did you get to the idea of switching the flightsim conference between Paderborn and Munich? And after two turns in munich, how do you rate this decision?

2.) Have you ever thought about physically expanding to another city in germany (e.g. Munich ;) )?

Regards,

Max

What about ASN=Aerosoft Sim News? I am surprised there are no photos or any description of that side of the AEROSOFT expansion in this section.I would like to add that I feel very much informed in the way all aspects of simulation is heading through this site, http://asn.aerosoft.com/ ,not only does this site keep you up to date on releases as they happen but so far has enjoyed a non biast approach which shows a very high level of maturity on the part played by Aerosoft. It is without a doubt very well managed and I am also impressed by its editor and its well laid out delivery.Please tell me Wdiekmann, is this part of Aerosoft going to last the test of time? I am like so many others reliant of this site, and would appreciate any feedback you can provide for me on this.

Thanks

Richard Lincoln (JAMESBERRY)

Hi John,

I see also the advantages of the voting system, but especially the German user had problems with that system.

It remembers to school, where teachers give plus and minus.

So I decided to test how it works without it.

Greetings

Winfried

mr Diekmann, if you would just look at the Airbus preview forum you will see the change in attitude of some users now they go unopposed. Without any rating I lost the opportunity to filter (automatic) filter out the nonsense and the silly stuff. So I stopped reading it. Just compare it to the weeks before the change. It was far more pleasant.

I think Mathijs made a bad decision and as CEO you should correct that.

• Members

Hi John,

I don't feel that up- and down-grades are really part of an open communication.

But the problem was mainly caused and seen by German users.

Kind regards

Winfried