Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

• 6 months later...

Hello Mathijs,

I have built a scenery in one version each for XP10 and XP11 and would like to upload and offer it here. Each version is 14MB because they contain some custom objects and not only library paths. Unfortunately the maximum file size for DSF uploads is 2MB, which of course is not enough for the total 28MB of my two versions. I wanted to ask why the file size for uploading is so small and if there is a way that I can upload my sceneries here? Thanks in advance.

Walter

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Are you sure our file section can't handle that?
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/

Well, I don't know if your file section can't handle that. I can only report what your forum software is telling me.

Please login to display this image.

I want to take this opportiunity to thank you for supporting the Xbox platform as a viable option for flight simming and for seeing the opportiunity to reach many new potential simmers through it; this vision is clearly evident in the webinar by Mathijs on the topic of Xbox.

I believe that the release of the CRJ and Twin Otter will be a huge milestone for MSFS on Xbox and bring it closer to acheiving its full potential. My hope is that it will demonstrate to other developers that it can indeed support a solid flight simming experience, albeit with some limitations compared to Pc of course.   

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone fix Web page layout? It’s broken on ipads. Thumbnails of pictures in product pages obscure tabs for general info, system requirements and good luck with hitting play button.

• 1 month later...

Hope all is well.

Regarding new airports. I understand that you select a lot of home airports based on the fact that your users like to see their home airports in better quality , but what abut the destinations they fly from their home airports. I unfortunately am not a commercial pilot, only got so far as ppl. I do like flying the A320, A330,.... but on routes that I have flown as a passenger. As a side note I did only fly at most 10 days within a year and although I flight sim as a pilot I do occasionally on longer haul like to take to take a couple minutes in comfy seat in the back and view the 'world' go by  in those aircraft designed with a cabin and would prefer more developers to incorporate them.

Has anyone done a review of the most flown to airports based on the available Flight planners and other tracking tools to see where people do fly to virtually. I cant believe that airports like Changi, Haneda or Dehli, Bangkok or Jakarta don't rate a look into development, I guess some do not offer the chance t research the necessary pictures, but given we are starting to see some of these for MSFS2020 and not P3D is a shame . MSFS2020 will be great, but I am still holding off until we get some good quality aircraft and until then P3D is still the best alternative. 

• Aerosoft

Chrisaero, for 80% of the airport projects it is not Aerosoft who decided on what airport to cover but the developers (we do not have an internal airport team). And the simple fact is that the commercial market for P3D is so small at this moment that it simply makes no sense to make new products. While I am sure there will be some new P3D products (we still do the occasionally), but they will be rare and far between. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all: Thank you for the absolutely amazing A330-343! (for P3D)

Is there any chance of getting the PW or GE engines or maybe even the smaller -200 ?

Best regards,

Yannes

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, Yannes28 said:

Hi, first of all: Thank you for the absolutely amazing A330-343! (for P3D)

Is there any chance of getting the PW or GE engines or maybe even the smaller -200 ?

To be blunt, no.

All development for P3D is stopped as we simply can't make any money on it. Of course there are still a lot of P3D users, just as we still have a lot of FSX users. But users are not customers. Sales for the older sims have simply crashed, the only platforms that are still commercially viable are X-Plane and MSFS. 

Not our preference, the more sims, the happier we are. 

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

To be blunt, no.

All development for P3D is stopped as we simply can't make any money on it. Of course there are still a lot of P3D users, just as we still have a lot of FSX users. But users are not customers. Sales for the older sims have simply crashed, the only platforms that are still commercially viable are X-Plane and MSFS. 

Okay, that's bad. But is there any chance of getting a complete A330 which includes -200 and -300 with multiple engines maybe for XP or MSFS?

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Yannes28 said:

Okay, that's bad. But is there any chance of getting a complete A330 which includes -200 and -300 with multiple engines maybe for XP or MSFS?

Internally we have no teams for XP, but for MSFS, yeah, if we think it makes sense we gladly add those.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

To be blunt, no.

Does that mean the updates and patches have stopped for the P3Dv5  Airbuss? :(

• Aerosoft
On 2/4/2022 at 10:57 PM, keenrw said:

Does that mean the updates and patches have stopped for the P3Dv5  Airbuss? :(

Updates? Yes, we are simply not working on those products anymore, development has stopped. As you might have seen most (if not all) developer of more complex aircraft have stopped development for P3D and are focusing on MSFS and X-Plane.

Patches are looked at individually. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope all is well

I have seen the P3D development is pretty much over.

I have purchased MSFS2020 but am still waiting for better aircraft before investing in it and hence am still using P3D, re future aircraft I would like to see the A350, loved flying on it and as you say your products are not 100% technically based more based on the pilot experience.

I was just wondering if Lockhead Martin have stopped all development on new versions of P3d, or are they just taking a year out to catch up with MSFS2020 which took me by surprise. 

Is there potential still for P3d development, are they likely to develop a major update that is backwards compatible with existing addons unlike MSFS2020.

Yes it is good to have different platforms X plane, MSFS2020 and P3d to encourage competition but new platforms that mean all past purchases are obsolete do make one consider about purchases especially since it seems every year now we have a new version requiring us to repurchase the same airports for new platforms.

I do feel a bit of loyalty to P3d, after all they did step in with several versions after nearly a decade of non investment in FSX, and just wondering if a decision to stop all P3d addons is a little early or have they announced they are not working on any further versions.

Take care. Thanks

• Aerosoft

Lockheed is still working hard on P3D, the last update is actually pretty darned good! 

For us it really does not matter a lot, we go where the customers are, we have very little opportunity to guide users to one platform or another. If many people go back to P3D we gladly work on that platform! But always keep in mind it is not how many users a platform has, it is how much they are willing to invest in DLC for it. I think the amount of P3D users has actually not gone down a lot, it is just that they do not want to buy more add-ons for this platform.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2022 at 2:06 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

As you might have seen most (if not all) developer of more complex aircraft have stopped development for P3D and are focusing on MSFS and X-Plane.

That's false, Maddog has been updated, iFly 737Ng updated and expansion pack, Majestic Q400 updated and visual expansion pack, Quality Wing 787 was updated, HiFi ASP3D was updated, FSLabs was updated, GSX was updated, ChasePlane was updated.  There are also new products being released for P3D.

I don't mind that you don't want or have stopped publishing or developing for P3D, your choice, but I DO MIND that you make false statements.

Considering you also claimed to be the premiere company working with MS/Asobo before release so as to help provide a robust SDK and 2 years later the SDK still isn't able to provide for what could be accomplished in P3D years ago, then something clearly failed in your communications.  

"Users are not customers"???  Wow!  Just Wow!

Yes, I've taken a screenshot because I know this will get deleted.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your comments, Rob. I think you are reading far more in our comments then was written.

If you believe that updates is serious development I am glad to report that we also did many updates for P3D in the last 12 months, and I am sure a few more will follow! So in your definition my false statement would be that we stopped development for P3D. 

And users (as people who own P3D) are not customers (as in not buying P3D add-ons) at this moment. There are still many tens of thousands of FSX users , but because they do not buy add-ons anymore they are by definition not customers any more. 

The simple fact however is that no matter who you ask, nobody is spending money on P3D anymore. Not the developers, not the customers. It is clear you do not like that, but luckily enough there is a ton of fantastic DLC for that sim.  As I also said,. the moment we see a commercial opportunity to do a new P3D add-on we would gladly do so. We not not tell people what to buy, they tell us what to make.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2