Tatankamani and Erik Bakker; the P3D Beaver X gauges fix.

Paul K

For some strange reason, after tweaking my prepar3d.cfg, some of my gauges had gone missing, so a public thank-you is in order to Bruno ( Tatankamani ) for the fix, and to Erik for his modified CAB file.

http://forum.aerosof...-on-my-machine/

I could have sent you both PMs but I thought I would make it a thread as more people make the move to P3D and possibly come across the same problem.

A big :cheers_s: to both of you.

How are you getting along with P3D?

Matt, interesting times indeed.

Firstly, here are my current specs:-

Win 7 64-bit Professional with SP1| Intel i7 960 3.2 GHz | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TRI-DDR3 2000MHz | Nvidia GTX-285 | OS Drive: 640GB SATA 3-Gb/s 16MB Cache ( 7200 rpm ) | FSX Drive: 300GB WD VelociRaptor® SATA 16MB CACHE (10,000rpm) | 800W Quiet Quad Rail PSU | Coolit Domino A.L.C. CPU Liquid CoolerOkay

Okay, I started tweeking the Prepar3d.cfg by firstly used Jesus 'Bojote' Altuve's FSX.CFG tweaker to provide a new cfg ( obviously renamed the P3D cfg to FSX and then back when the enhanced cfg came back ) and that worked very well. Here's the site...

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

I then went here..

http://kostasfsworld...hardware-guide/

and matched his Nvidia Inspector settings with my own. I also applied two of his tweaks to my already enhanced prepar3d.cfg as follows;

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Usepools=0

I've now run into some graphics problems which arise when panning round in outside view. Suddenly I start getting white flashes and frames that freeze up, and I have to use task manager to kill P3D. Even after that, I still have white spots appearing in my web browser and W7 taskbar, so it requires a reboot to get things back to normal.

I suspect the problem might be me applying Kosta's tweaks to my now very dated Nvidia GTX 285. I'm going to redo the whole process and leave out Kosta's tweaks for the time being. Incidentally, I have been testing this over Tongass Fjords, which seems to be more demanding on performance than Orbx Australia and PNW. Orbx stuff runs smooth as silk.

As for installing FSX add-ons, the FS Estonia Migration Tool has been a God-send. Aerosoft's FSX Catalina, Beaver X and the Huey have gone in without a hitch, though I re-downloaded the Bronco with a P3D installer. Tongass Fjord as mentioned - no problem there. And, I have installed A2A's accusimed B-17 and their B377 with the COTS add-on. Again, no problem.

So, all in all I am very pleased indeed. P3D is my civilian flight simming future, without a doubt. :)

Any thoughts ? :cheers_s:

Just a quick reply reKosta's tweaks. Bufferpools poolsize=0 is always a bad tweak to use. After a long flight it will make absolutely everything blury. Also known to cause a lot of graphical artifacts. Personally I have never seen a need for the fiber frames part under the main heading either. But Imalso running twak free P3D locked at 30fps a d get no micro stutters. Can even drop to 10fps at Mega Airport Amsterdam with AI and have smooth flight.

Yes I'm going to delete those two entries, Matt, and just stick with Bojote's tweaked cfg, which did improve performance, without a doubt.

You say you are limiting your frames to 30; is that using the internal P3D frame limiter, or is it by using the external Nvidia Inspector frame limiter, with P3D's internal frame rate set to unlimited ? There seems to be a debate going on at the moment regarding the virtues of each method.

Paul, I use the internal limiter. I dont use inspector, Ive always found I get better performance and graphics by configuring the Nvidia driver to my liking and them confugring the sim to my liking. I mainly do this because Im running two GTX 580's in SLI to give me Nvidia Surround Vision on 3 1080p screens. Nvidia Inspector in the past has just caused me too many issues when used with my setup. I tend to ignore the tweaking debate, theres a lot of shouting from a lot of armchair experts on the matter. John Venema hit the nail on the head when it comes to tweaking. Don't tweak the cfg file, the best tweaks are the £££'s in your wallet converted into high end hardware :lol:

Archived