Out of memory with Helsinki

Emi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With deepest respect for Aerosoft and the developer of this very nice good looking scenery.

I think almost everybody was looking forward to this this Helsinki scenery, it all look's so nice and framerates seems also to be very good, as developer told us, that was one of the most important thing developer had in mind when making this scenery, he told us several times, so we should not worry after all about that.

The day this was launched, i remember, i was so exited to get this in my hangar, among with a lot of other scenery's Aerosoft had distributed over a long period. I can say almost all of them have been terrific on frames and good looking, except EHAM, i must say, that scenery have it's own story, regarding frames.

But, what a negative experience i got, so low frames when loading this scenery, and so much fluctuating frames, going from 11 up to 23-25, never stable at all. Ok, i can live with, my thoughts was, developer, sure will do something about this in reasonable time. I switched off some candy stuff and tried a flight from EDDF to EFHK in PMDG 737, with weather set by OPUS program, normal settings on my PC, like i always do when flying IFR. It all went very ok until EFHK scenery starting to load, bang, OOM, just like that, no warning, i have over the last year, never had any OOM's, period.

Ok, i was angry, so much positive things said about this scenery from develpoer, and with this result, i get a little angry, yes. I installed that OOM patch, well i don't call it a patch, will say lower quality instead.

(Reducing textures and call it a patch, ok, i can live with that.)

Tried the same flight, and finally managed to land at EFHK, but it felt like slow motion, so bad frames, down to 10-11 and 16-17 at the most, and never stable, going up and down, almost all the time.

Like this scenery are now, no flight to Helsinki at all, the fun part of flying are gone, only of thinking about flying to Helsinki.

PC spec's, ok, i can tell you that with same setting i used when flying to Helsinki, i get 20-25 frames when landing at EHAM in bad weather. When loading DreamTeam's KJFK, i have 30 frames in cockpit in PMDG 737 (locked at 30), so i think PC spec's isn't a issue here (i know that).

When you look at other big scenery's, no one at all have so much variance in frames like this scenery, so surely something must have been build wrong here.

Hopefully developer soon can do something about this issue with fluctuating frames and OOM's that several simmers have, this scenery needs that, no doubt, and we all can look forward to a flight to Helsinki, without being worried about frames or OOM's.

Brgds

Stein-Ove Rud

Hamar

I did not get ooms after the patch. I get the warnings .That windows chime indicating that an oom is close.Fps are nowhere so great either.

About that Windows chime...what exactly is that and why is it played when you're getting close to a OOM error? I've been wondering about that sound for very long and I never understood where it came from and what triggered it but then when I read this I guess that is the reason then. But I'm still wondering why it is played when you're getting close to a OOM? To me it feels a bit strange when you only hear a sound but don't get any error or warning messages indicating you're close to a real error.

About that Windows chime...what exactly is that and why is it played when you're getting close to a OOM error? I've been wondering about that sound for very long and I never understood where it came from and what triggered it but then when I read this I guess that is the reason then. But I'm still wondering why it is played when you're getting close to a OOM? To me it feels a bit strange when you only hear a sound but don't get any error or warning messages indicating you're close to a real error.

It's coming from FSUIPC. It can be disabled through the ini if you wish.

Thanks a lot for the info!

I just checked fsuipc.ini but couldn't find anything that seemed to be a setting for this, do you happen to know what to look for and how it should be changed to disable this sound if you don't want it?

Thanks a lot for the info!

I just checked fsuipc.ini but couldn't find anything that seemed to be a setting for this, do you happen to know what to look for and how it should be changed to disable this sound if you don't want it?

There should be an entry for "OOMcheck=Yes", just change it to No.

overtaxing?

i have a i7 3770k cpu clocked 100%stabil to 4,5 gzh

8 gb kingston memory

gtx 670

samsung 830 ssd disk

nice to hear the still working on it,i had a fligt last week to helsinki also with no problems,so its not all the time i get oom in that airport.

i all other airports i have not seen an oom in years.

overtaxing?

i have a i7 3770k cpu clocked 100%stabil to 4,5 gzh

8 gb kingston memory

gtx 670

samsung 830 ssd disk

nice to hear the still working on it,i had a fligt last week to helsinki also with no problems,so its not all the time i get oom in that airport.

i all other airports i have not seen an oom in years.

Having 8 gigs of memory doesnt matter, does it happen when using a default aircraft.

Actually, who fly a default aircraft in these day, common.... :glare_s:

Better try to fix this behavior, than talk problem away. :big_boss_s:

The reason I say that is because this argument has been brought up before, some developers will wring out every last ounce of CPU graphics power for there product then you go throw in a high end aircraft then your asking for some problems. Hence why I said try it with a default aircraft.

The reason I say that is because this argument has been brought up before, some developers will wring out every last ounce of CPU graphics power for there product then you go throw in a high end aircraft then your asking for some problems. Hence why I said try it with a default aircraft.

If that is the case then perhaps it should be listed in the requirements. Clearly no one that is interested in buying an add-on airport would be expected not to use an add-on plane to fly into it with. It seems ironic that an add-on developer/distributor would only support configurations that have no other add-ons in it.

I think the product should be taken off sales until this is sorted.

Alex

+1

Tried again to fly to Helsinki after OOM patch was installed. But the same stuff happend – at 1000 feet over ground this flight found its end on the desktop again!

This was the third flight to Helsinki and I never have landed there. This isn't a Mega Airport, this is Mega $?!#§%&! I wonder how this could pass the beta testing!

Frank

[Edited by Admin] you may be disappointed but no need to use bad language.

Why are aerosoft dragging their heals on this? Is it too late for a refund?

Because these things take time, as you should well understand if you are a fellow Airbus X Extended beta tester.

I think it's the lack of any progress report that gets those customers who at this point have a product they spent some hard earned money on and getting no use from. That can be kind of a hard pill to swallow.

Also, what's with the news addition to the front page today?

"The Nordic Mega Airport Helsinki is available as a new downloadable full version. The scenery for FSX and Prepar3D contains now a few changes: Optimization for smooth operation (OOM issues should be solved), enhanced Tweaking tool with more options, some minor bugs have been solved and the charts have been completed now. Customers can download the new full version as always from the order history of their customer account."

Is this really a new version or is this the same version with the old OOM "patch" included?

I'm lucky I haven't had any more OOM errors my last flights to EFHK since I installed the OOM patch but I would also like to know if this new 1.10 version brings anything over the original 1.00 version + the OOM patch.

• Developer

The 1.10 is certainly a step ahead from the OOM patch (which was released as a quick update). The new version will further reduce memory usage to help users running other memory consuming add-ons at the same time with the scenery. It also optimizes the models to make it a little lighter, as well as adds new options to the tweaking tool to allow the user more control over the performance tuning.

Hi, guys,

Does anyone has experienced some problem with FSinn at departing from MA Helsinki?

Everytime when i attempt to launch my FSInn at MA Helsinki i have a CTD.

It only happens in this scenery.

The v1.10 not resolved my problem...

Any ideas?

The 1.10 is certainly a step ahead from the OOM patch (which was released as a quick update). The new version will further reduce memory usage to help users running other memory consuming add-ons at the same time with the scenery. It also optimizes the models to make it a little lighter, as well as adds new options to the tweaking tool to allow the user more control over the performance tuning.

It is working much better, even running with all options enabled. No OOM errors when I would get one a few seconds after loading on the ramp.

Well done (and it still looks fantastic).

Archived