Out of memory with Helsinki

Emi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael you are correct in that the switch only need be applied to a 32bit OS. 64bit Vista and Win7 does not require that when running fsx Sp2 or Accel.

From NinkN's guide:

USING MORE/LESS or EQUAL to 2GIGS OF SYSTEM MEMORY IN WINDOWS XP x32 OR VISTA X32 with OOM

-OR-

HOW TO PROPERLY TUNE VIRTUAL ADDRESS SPACE IN WINDOWS (x32) FOR OUT OF MEMORY ERRORS

x64 operating systems do not need the following changes

Full details here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html

For those interested I have setup Win7 according to Nick's guide but without disabling services. FSX is installed according to the guide but tweaked via venetubo.com.

EFHK + NGX + AS2012 + Ultimate TerrainX +GEX achieving around the 20fps mark.

Steven it just goes to show what a properly setup and configured system can do. Like you I Follow parts of Nick N's very good guide, but have my own configuration enhancements I make to replace some of his.

At the time a few years ago I made the correction of the file header with CFF Explorer "App can handle> 2GB address space" so there should be no problem having a 64-bit system with 24 GB of RAM !

Is there any other correction to make I do not know?

I forgot to mention that it was not a real fix but a control that there was a check in the right place

Try instead seach the web for VAS and FSX and use Process Explorer to determine the magic 4GB spot in FSX.

Have patient, they will fix it (i am more concerned about the frame tearing)

Michael Moe

Michael perhaps did you mean this image?

Considering the fact that I'm just stuck at the gate 29 of EFHK ,and from there I have not yet moved.

I think FSX process is very near to 4GB.

Advice to people like me had OOM in EFHK to control the properties of FSX with ProcessExplorer so that we can make comparisons.

post-23687-0-71496100-1350688823_thumb.j

I check al FSX.CFG Tewaks with EFHK.

I make a copy from old FSX.CFG, delte the FSX.CFG and built a new one.

Then i teawked the new FSX.CFG with Botje <--- Link

Now its works, i have all FSX settings on the right, Water, too.

I think, that some Tweaks from different websites make a trouble with EFHK.

My old FSX.CFG work great, but not with EFHK,

The new (Clean), fsx,cfg is OK and work with EFHK.

NG

Markus

• Deputy Sheriffs

One more reason for the old rule: "somtimes less is more"

I was already wondering, why I didn't get a CTD nor an OOM with my midsize system and my old 512 MB graphiccard :rolleyes:

Why just EFHK though? I have countless add ons that all work fine. If I have to dumb down my configuration for one scenery it's the one scenery that will be sacrificed. Not everything else.

One more reason for the old rule: "somtimes less is more"

I was already wondering, why I didn't get a CTD nor an OOM with my midsize system and my old 512 MB graphiccard :rolleyes:

Otto its the little known black art of scaling your sim to fit your system capabilities. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why just EFHK though? I have countless add ons that all work fine. If I have to dumb down my configuration for one scenery it's the one scenery that will be sacrificed. Not everything else.

First of all EFHK is an extremly detailed scenery, more detailed then any other scenery I've seen before, in relation to the airport size. Not comparable with tzhose highly detailed but small Orbx airfields.

Second, most people tend to tweak their FSX to death. Maybe you should also try what Markus did.

Otherwise I have no explanation for getting no CTD or OOM on my "small" system, then "less is more" regarding all those tweaks out there ;)

One thing that you may consider when trying to reduce your OOM.

Make a flightplan with a "none" Mega airport in the departure or arrival.

I just did a flight from EDDT-EKCH with HD4096 AND LOD 6.5 very very smooth in the 30fps in VC/NGX with a VAS never going over 3.7GB. This is amazing considering that the sky was cloudy on arrival.

FSX never is to be wise on but making a none mega aiport in your flightplan seems to help. FSX is dragging the memory from your departing array towards your destination or vice versa

Michael Moe

First of all EFHK is an extremly detailed scenery, more detailed then any other scenery I've seen before, in relation to the airport size. Not comparable with tzhose highly detailed but small Orbx airfields.

Second, most people tend to tweak their FSX to death. Maybe you should also try what Markus did.

Otherwise I have no explanation for getting no CTD or OOM on my "small" system, then "less is more" regarding all those tweaks out there ;)

In the end the only way to not get the oom seems to lower the slide a few notches.

I did this test and actually I have not had oom with EFHK. Too easy so we are able to solve all the problems!!!

Dear Otto nobody here compare small airports from Orbx with Megaairport aerosoft but I'm going to compare the same megaairport (Frankfurt, Madrid, Lisbon, Barcelona....), to which it belongs EFHK.

Me with all megaairport (except sometimes LFPG) I never had any problems of any kind, fluid frame rate and nothing oom.

Settings mostly all of very dense. Now for finish a fly in or from EFHK I had to set the sliders in the middle "all mostly on normal".

• Deputy Sheriffs

Andrea, simply compare the installation size of various airports and you know what I mean:

- Frankfurt 260 MB

- Barcelona 220 MB

- Madrid 140 MB

- Amsterdam 300 MB

- Paris 220 MB

- Stockholm 420 MB

Helsinki 1.9 GB !!! To show so much details ;)

Hard to see all those details when you are looking at an OOM error.

Hopefully the developer is taking a bit more ownership over the problem and less of a putting it back on the customer. If FSDT can model KLAX in such detail without crashing the sim, then surely EFHK can be done as well.

Finally I managed to land with NGX at EFHK when I used Bojote's tweak cfg and FSPS Xtreme together with all the helsinki tweaks OFF. I'm happy that I finally land but with all the tweaks off it turns me down :mecry_s: Hope to see soon an update.

W7 64bit

i7-2600 4 Ghz stock

8gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 6850

SSD OCZ VERTEX 4

All addons used

So folks ... purchased the product 04/10/2012 days and so far no one has to bring at least public information to progress the patch fix, of course if it is being done - it is doubtful.

I feel aggrieved to have bought a scenario that can not use.

I am most unworthy that is for sure this product was tested previously and still sold out in those conditions.

Sale misleading!! If I could catch my hard-earned money back.

The customer feels an imbecile such times, can not do anything and stays on for 21 days waiting for any good news is given.

That neglect it.

I promise myself that if this is not resolved not spending more $ 1US with their products!!

Customer always comes first!! We were mistaken, you had Helsink science that X had problems with FPS yet released for sale and enjoy our $ with no right of reply.

My review of this drug in this scenario done so far ...... a bloody scene!!

Sorry this is the most revolting terms too ...... you know how long I have to work to earn 20 euros!!

So folks ... purchased the product 04/10/2012 days and so far no one has to bring at least public information to progress the patch fix, of course if it is being done - it is doubtful.

I feel aggrieved to have bought a scenario that can not use.

I am most unworthy that is for sure this product was tested previously and still sold out in those conditions.

Sale misleading!! If I could catch my hard-earned money back.

The customer feels an imbecile such times, can not do anything and stays on for 21 days waiting for any good news is given.

That neglect it.

I promise myself that if this is not resolved not spending more $ 1US with their products!!

Customer always comes first!! We were mistaken, you had Helsink science that X had problems with FPS yet released for sale and enjoy our $ with no right of reply.

My review of this drug in this scenario done so far ...... a bloody scene!!

Sorry this is the most revolting terms too ...... you know how long I have to work to earn 20 euros!!

+1

I've got OOM's with absolutly low settings in P3D (LOD 4.5, max resolution 1024, etc.).

Patric

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can understand your frustration about getting OOMs. But what to do, if it is not reproducable for others? I've made several flights in the past, getting not a single OOM. First with a quite old 8800GTS with only 512 MB. Yesterday evening with a brandnew GTX660 with 2 GB a 2 hours flight from EDDM to EFHK, again no OOM from gate to gate.

All flights were down with the Airbus X Extended, settings all normal, performance patch for Helsinki not installed, no tweaks in my fsx.cfg.

Nvidia settings according to this post

Archived