Out of memory with Helsinki

Emi

I have a problem with the Mega Airport Helsinki. Everytime I fly to the airport I get an out of memory advisory. I have 8GB RAM installed in my system and the HIGHMEMFIX=1 is applied in my FSX. I'm flying the DC9 Classic from Coolsky and the Airbus X Extended and get the error with both of them. Additionally I have REX and AS2012, but no other addons in the area. I do not have this problem anywhere else in FSX, though I have most of the other addons available in the Aerosoft shop.

Thank you for your help in advance

Emi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem with the Mega Airport Helsinki. Everytime I fly to the airport I get an out of memory advisory. I have 8GB RAM installed in my system and the HIGHMEMFIX=1 is applied in my FSX. I'm flying the DC9 Classic from Coolsky and the Airbus X Extended and get the error with both of them. Additionally I have REX and AS2012, but no other addons in the area. I do not have this problem anywhere else in FSX, though I have most of the other addons available in the Aerosoft shop.

Thank you for your help in advance

Emi

Emi,

They released a patch for that yesterday.Check your account. The patch downsizes lots of files so you don't oom (it happened to me too).YOu can either download the patch or untick stuff in the tweaking tool till fsx doesn't crash on you

Thank you very much. I though I had the latest version when I downloaded it yesterday, but it seems I was wrong :D

Edited to add some additional info regarding my PC and FSX setup.

Just had my first flight into EFHK and managed to land just fine but then after a while parked at the gate I got the OOM error. Deliberetly omitted to install the OOM fix since I wanted to see if I would get the problem running a rather powerful FSX rig with Win 7 Ultiamte x64 with 8 GB of fast RAM, FSX on it's own and dedicated SSD disk, a GTX 680 and a Core i7-2700K @ 4.8 GHz. FSX is tuned with all recommended fixes by Kosta like BF=0 etc and FSX is running really really smooth and still with great IQ.

One thing I would like to ask and I realize it might come out a bit bad but how is it possible for this kind of pretty major problem to exist in a product that has been tested for so long before it was finally released...it can't be true no one in the beta team spotted this issue? I though all the waiting before the release was just to make sure the product would be free of this kind of issues...?

Oh well...will install the fix now and hope that will do the trick for me too without sacrifying the good looks of the scenery because it looks really really good and I'm planning to do lots of flying in and out of Helsinki from now on with this scenery on my disk!

From my first impressions with the reduced textures, I honestly see so little difference. If you ask me the gain in texture appearance is not worth the loss in performance with the hi-res files. A mega airport by nature is to be used with airliner addons, a couple of which are by nature heavier on the system.

I am looking forward to a full flight test this evening...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Hi,

i've installed the OOM-Fix and did another flight from vienna to helsinki today. ATM i'm standing docked at gate 21, aes is serving my pmdg-ngx. There are three other airplanes at the airport (vatsim). I've landed on rwy 04R, with weather from as2012. I'm using the scenery with all options ticked on. There where no stutters the frames are fine (25-30) and until now no problems. And to be honest, the difference between the downsized textures and the original are hardly notable. This Airport is full of detailed objects and looks really great. So Test Flight 1 after oom patch was a full succes. Thanx for the patch!!! Tomorrow i will fly back and will report the results of test flight 2. I'm still watching around the airport, watching flight IMP229 pushing back and taxi to rwy 22r for take off and LOT471 landing on rwy 15. More results to come...

regards

Chris

Hi,

after the patch I have the same problem. The OOM-Message comes a little bit later, but it comes. I did several flights from EDDH to EFHK with the PEXEN3M -Star. Before the patch I got the OOM between "Kudop" and HK766". After the patch I got it some time after "HK766". It always happens when the FSX.cfg gets greater than 2.9 ... GB.

All my other airports (from Aerosoft or other providers) are working very well. And believe me, I have many of them;-).

shame about the last weekends where I've taken the various flights in vain and with 25 Euro less in my wallet.

Sorry, but I can not understand how a beta test can overlook such a mistake...

Matthes

how a beta test can overlook such a mistake.

Quite possibly there are many of us that don't experience the OOM issue having flown into and out of EFHK and completed circuits.

My own fsx.exe memory usage before the fix was around the 2,9GB mark, with the fix applied this reduced to 2.2GB and that with the PMDG NGX loaded. As from the spec below there are various scenery additions also. What else is running to drive the memory usage that high? What screen resolution?

Bufferpools=0 does not work for me and my FSX.CFG is processed via venetubo.com. Frame rates are similar to other complex airport add-ons.

Specs:

Intel i7-960@4Ghz ¦ 6GB Corsair Dominator ram ¦ Asus Sabertooh X58 ¦ EVGA GTX570HD 2.4GB @ 2560*1440 ¦ Win7 64bit installed on 60GB Revodrive SSD ¦ FSX+Accel installed 600GB Velociraptor

On FSX PC - FS Global 2010 ¦ FS Global Ultimate Europe ¦ UTX ¦ GEX Europe ¦ various sceneries ¦ EZDOK. Client PC - AS2012 ¦ FlightKeeper ¦ Squawkbox

Quite possibly there are many of us that don't experience the OOM issue having flown into and out of EFHK and completed circuits.

Then perhaps the beta team isn't large enough because clearly there are many of use that have this problem every time it is loaded.

I have a problem with the Mega Airport Helsinki. Everytime I fly to the airport I get an out of memory advisory.

I tested at the airport for a few days now and even if I downloaded the patch I get the out of memory advisory.It's not a matter of "if" I get the advirosy it is only a matter of "when".And I _always_ get_ it.

my specs i798x(4.27)-gtx580-6gbram-w7 x64

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's really strange I made several flights to Helsinki during the weekend (EDDM-EFHK, EDDF-EFHK) with the 737NGX and the Airbus Extended and didn't get a single OOM.

I didn't install the fix so far, Scenery Settings in FSX were "Very Dense" and so fps quite low, between 9-14 fps.

My System:

Win7 64bit

8GB RAM

I7 with 2.8 GHz

Nvidid GTS 8800 512 MB

I tested at the airport for a few days now and even if I downloaded the patch I get the out of memory advisory.It's not a matter of "if" I get the advirosy it is only a matter of "when".And I _always_ get_ it.

my specs i798x(4.27)-gtx580-6gbram-w7 x64

You are not alone.

I have nailed down the OOM in most Aerosoft Scenerys included EHAM but this scenery still gets pass VAS4GB with autogen on Normal and TML=1024 no AI traffic in FSX but AI at 20% via UT2.

We must wait for a optimized version i guess

Michael Moe

That's really strange I made several flights to Helsinki during the weekend (EDDM-EFHK, EDDF-EFHK) with the 737NGX and the Airbus Extended and didn't get a single OOM.

I didn't install the fix so far, Scenery Settings in FSX were "Very Dense" and so fps quite low, between 9-14 fps.

I did not get ooms after the patch. I get the warnings .That windows chime indicating that an oom is close.Fps are nowhere so great either.

I did not get ooms after the patch. I get the warnings .That windows chime indicating that an oom is close.Fps are nowhere so great either.

Unfortunately this great looking scenery needs some more work and back to the drawing board

optimizing all stuff, a lot of stuff is just overkill from a technical point of view ;-)

Have been doing some more flying now in and out of EFHK after applying the OOM fix and in my case it seems to have fixed the issue, I haven't received any more OOM error messages and my frames are pretty good...somewhere between 23 or so up to my limit of 30 and that is with AS 2012 using real time weather and online on IVAO with some online traffic. My FSX settings are quite high most of them with the exception of traffic which I have set to zero since I do all my flying online on IVAO.

Sorry to hear there are still many guys in here with the same problem even after applying the fix but hopefully the developers will be able to release a new update when they found out a good way to "tune" the scenery and it's memory usage.

Will hope so , the scenery is really nice but its tearing the frames makin it hard to manage a good experience. Speciel around the Tower

Michael Moe

I7-950@4,2

HD58701GB

Raptor 300GB

SSD128GB

w7-64

Hi! also installed the oom fix but it did not do anything. Yesterday night I landed in EFHK on 22L with feelthere 737-400 v2 + REX overdrive, and after 1 minute I got oom. I do not get ever oom

but in this case the microsoft oom signal "Beep" begin to feel on approach... I think there is some bug that makes oom. Please I ask the tester to verify the problem better there.

Using BP just makes things worse, obviously. It's more RAM consumed from the scarce available to FSX's 32-bit addressing for slow and poorly managed pools.

Certainly is but so many people foolishly use it.

Archived