Not satisfied with your frames? Read these tips!

Kepti

I have been told multiple Affinity masks value for me.

So could someone tell me what is recommended for i7 2600K Oc'd to 4.6Ghz with Hyperthreading turned ON.

Cheers!

PS: I think I will get rid of jesus tweak and just add the four or so recommended above.

The most proper value for your CPU would probably be:

AffinityMask=252

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question. In my FSX.cfg it says

[bufferPools]

RejectThreshold=131072

Should I add UsePools=0 between [bP] and RejectThreshold ?

So i have the same thing in my CFG folder so what should i do add it or not ?? and were above or below ??

thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, be extrem carefull with applying all those settings! You might tweak your FSX to death. Read what Finn wrote above or read this site carefully!

It is of extreme importance that you understand what you are doing. If you are asking "should I..." or "where to put, above or below", it tells that you do not understand what you are doing. and your FSX will get more worse.

Yes you are right I don't know what adding this Line will do .. But i read if you have 1GB + use this , so i figured i should ask ..

thanks for the reply ..

I do have another Question it is not related to this topic ,, I did not relies that with MYT2013 and Helsinki i will run out of space ..

My SDD is full , is there a way i can move ( Microsoft File FSX, MYT2013 and Helsinki ) from My SDD to my other HD WITHOUT Uninstalling ??

I am Hoping you will say Yes hhh

Thanks much will be waiting

• 3 weeks later...

Just AMAZING...

I was running heavy airports at 8-10 fps. Now I can fly them at 30-40 fps... JUST A-MA-ZING!!!!

I've tried:

- Madrid Barajas

- Barcelona El Pra

- London Heathrow

- London VFR

- Tahiti

I'm using a Mac Pro with 2 Intel Xeon E5462 processors at 2,8 Ghz (8 cores)

8 Gbytes FB-DDR2 RAM at 800 Mhz

nVidia GTX 285 with 2 Gbytes RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64 bits

THANKS!!! :bow_down2_s:

Good Day to you

Simple fast Question although i am not sure if this is the right place for it

Why do i have 2 or 3 CFG Files ?? if it is normal that is fine , if not please direct me on what to do

thank you

90237202.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good Day to you

Simple fast Question although i am not sure if this is the right place for it

Why do i have 2 or 3 CFG Files ?? if it is normal that is fine , if not please direct me on what to do

thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Completely normal. One is the current one being used (FSX.cfg), ones a .txt, and one is a backup in case of reverting MA Helsinki back/uninstalling it.

If you have an NVidia card, use NVidiaInspector. Set the FPS in FSX to unlimited and limit the frames in NVidiaInspector to 30 or 29.

In that case, get rid of your external FPS limiter. The one from NVidiaInspector is the most stable and most smooth you can get. Its really amazing.

If you have an NVidia card, use NVidiaInspector. Set the FPS in FSX to unlimited and limit the frames in NVidiaInspector to 30 or 29.

In that case, get rid of your external FPS limiter. The one from NVidiaInspector is the most stable and most smooth you can get. Its really amazing.

Thanks for the feed back ,, Would you be able to send me a screenshot please about what your talking about

I do have NVidiaInspector

and i just Bout the MSI ( GEFORCE GT 630 4GB DDR3 ) and i am excited about it ,,, i would love if some one would tell me how to tweak it a Little to get it rolling with FSX and helsinki and PANC

I would appreciate it very much

thank you will be waiting

I just installed a GTX 650ti this weekend and I now have liquid smoothness in P3D - I mean not even the tiniest of tiny microstutters, and this is with all scenery sliders ( including autogen ) set to maximum.

I have an i7 CPU, with HT on, so I have applied just one tweak to the standard P3d.cfg which is..

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

Next..assuming your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz like mine...

I went to Nvidia Inspector and set Vertical Sync to 1/2 refresh rate, and then in P3D I set the internal P3D frame limiter ( yes the internal one, not the external Nvidia Inspector limiter ) to 30 fps. Not 29 fps, and not 31...but 30. Monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz...Vsync is set to 1/2 refresh rate...half of 60 is 30.

Go through Kosta's guide in my post above, its all there. :)

Thank you for the info i will look into it ( but basically just go to my Nvidia Inspector and change the internal Limiter and the Vsync ) ??? if you can send me a screenshot this will be great thanks

I've found better results using the internal FSX/P3D frame rate limiter. Ive yet to try using the N.I. one with my new graphics card, but I'll give it a go this weekend

Thank you for the info i will look into it ( but basically just go to my Nvidia Inspector and change the internal Limiter and the Vsync ) ??? if you can send me a screenshot this will be great thanks

al1234, look at the link in my first post - all Kosta's Nvidia Inspector settings are shown in a screenshot. Just go through them line by line and make yours match. Kosta believes that the FSX / P3D framerate limiter is better than the N.I. one, so thats why in the screenshot, it shows Frame Rate Limiter Off ( dont worry that some lines are black text and some are grey..just make sure they all match ). You can do it that way, or do it the other way - unlimited frame rate set in FSX /P3D and set the N.I. frame rate limiter to 30. Personally, so far, I've found smoother performance using the internal limiter, but you can try both ways, and see which method gives you the best results.

By the way it looks like Darem might be talking about three framerate limiters in his post: the N.I. one, the internal simulator one, and I think a third one that puts a batch file in your main FSX / P3D folder. I had that last one too, but deleted it. All you need is the N.I. limiter and of course the one you have in the sim.

As for which FSX.cfg you do the alterations to, in Windows 7 it is in this folder: C:\Users\( my name )\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Make a backup first !!!! ;)

Archived