NavData Pro YHBA Approaches

fakeflyer737

So I bought "Nav Data Pro" from Aerosoft because it covers tons of smaller Airports in Australia that I love to fly into. Tonight I was flying the G1000 from F1's 182T with an updated database and the GNSS approaches for Hervey Bay YHBA where in there. As I approached the Final Approach Fix Ihad the Glide Path armed on the Autopilot think that the autopliot would intercept a "glidepath" and fly it down to the Minimum, but no Vertical Guidence was given at all on the PDF. This approach is a GNSS with StraightIn Minima, arnt I suppose to be getting Vertical Guidence for this type of Appraoch in a G1000, am I not setting something up right, is the NavData missing the Altitude at the fixes, I don't know what is wrong or if anything is wrong. Someone who has some realworld experience flying these types of Approaches in a G1000 can help me that would be great.

From Flight1's website info on the 182T ''Autopilot supports ROL, HDG, VOR, LOC, and GPS lateral modes'' maybe it doesn't support vertical modes on a GPS approach. Does it work with other GPS type approaches?

Yes, the F1 182T does provie Verticla Guidence for GPS Approaches, but Im not sure if this Approach in particular in real life would offer Vertical Guidence. I don't know if the data is wrong or if everything is normal and Im not suppose to be getting Vertical guidence with this type of approach. I need a RW pilot who know this stuff to help me out I guess.

The descend angle is coded in the database. So if the add on does support this, it should follow the coded angle in the databse e.g. 3°.

Jan-Paul

Ok cool, thanks. So, if I was flying this type of Approach in real life, with a real G1000 I SHOULD be getting vertical guidence? I looked at the Nav Data and it doesn't seem to have any angle inside of it, so I'm assuming this is a problem with the NavData which Aerosoft needs to fix, correct?

Archived