How to stop plane from sticking in water

teisco

This float plane sticks in the water and sometimes will not move at all, sometimes very slowly and sometimes even starts moving fast enough to fly, but not always. Is there a config setting I can change to stop this from sticking?

The included mission is almost unplayable because the plane sticks at the dock and will not move.

Usually caused by some other sim setting or carryover, scenery or cfg file issue. None of which we have any knowledge of as the OP obviously expects us to be mind-readers.

There is nothing wrong with the Catalina, so all we can say for certainty is: LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Clue: They also appear to expect someone else to read the FAQ to them...

Wow, I spend money to buy your product and ask for some help and all I get is rude children answering. I did not say it was your fault, I love the product and so far have gotten several friends to buy it as well. Although I did wonder if it was something in my fsx that was off and tried several other float planes and they did not stick.

I was just hoping there was a config entry I could change to help the situation.

I work for fsx developers and if I answered a customer as you did I would be fired.

Her You go from the FAQ:

Q: When taking off, it seems that something is restricting the Catalina from accelerating ?

A: The Aerosoft Catalina uses both "invisible" flaps and spoilers (speed brakes), to add more realistic behavior when floating on water and for added drag when cowl flaps and floats are extended etc. The real Catalina did not have neither flaps nor spoilers and on the Aerosoft Catalina You won´t see them either. But if You have any hardware axis' assigned to spoilers or flaps, either disable that assignment, or ensure that they are set to retracted and leave them there.

Though water operation has become much better in FSX, compared to FS2004, water does still have less friction than it should. The only way to "fix" that, is by aerodynamically means, as done with the invisible flaps on the Catalina. The same is the case with drag caused by floats and cow flaps. To add drag for cowl flaps and floats, we have added "invisible" spoilers. Users who uses FSUIPC for controller calibration and assignment, should consider to make an aircraft specific setup for the Catalina, where no mixture, flaps or spoilers are assigned. It´s not a must, but it will ensure that You won´t have any problems relating from improper axis' settings.

Hope it helps, otherwise You are welcomed to come back...

Finn

Wow, I spend money to buy your product and ask for some help and all I get is rude children answering. I did not say it was your fault, I love the product and so far have gotten several friends to buy it as well. Although I did wonder if it was something in my fsx that was off and tried several other float planes and they did not stick.

I was just hoping there was a config entry I could change to help the situation.

I work for fsx developers and if I answered a customer as you did I would be fired.

Given your claimed level of knowledge, if you asked as you did, you would deserve to be... the evidence indicates you do not deserve your claimed position.

Certainly we don't know you round here.

Hopefully you have now read the instructions and solved your own problem. It is increasingly tiresome to have to do so for those who have no excuse by their own admission..

Archived