A question about NavDataPro

hud635jk

That is not clarified on the product's page:

1. 1 year - 13 datasets

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11686&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

That is clear, after all, there are 13 AIRAC cycles / year.

However this one:

2. 1 year - 4 datasets

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11688&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Is very vague.

1 year and 4 datasets?

It makes no sense.

It should be either 1 year 13 datasets (as is the 1st one) or 4 months 4 datasets.

What is the second product offering?

• Aerosoft

That is not clarified on the product's page:

1. 1 year - 13 datasets

http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=english

That is clear, after all, there are 13 AIRAC cycles / year.

However this one:

2. 1 year - 4 datasets

http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=english

Is very vague.

1 year and 4 datasets?

It makes no sense.

It should be either 1 year 13 datasets (as is the 1st one) or 4 months 4 datasets.

What is the second product offering?

It means you can download 4 datasets in the period of of one year starting at the moment you download the first one.

It means you can download 4 datasets in the period of of one year starting at the moment you download the first one.

So, a counter counting up to 4, with 4 numbers from 1 to 13.

For example you could download datasets (randomly chosen) 2, 5, 9 and 11.

That is clear now, thank you.

Here's another question. As far as I understand, NavDataPro comes with updated procedures like SIDs and STARs. What about airport (ground, tower, ATIS) frequencies? I can imagine at least two scenarios: (i) NavDataPro contains all all recent frequencies as is, however the six (?) years old FSX database has frequencies having been valid ages before (and naturally none for recently completed airports). Recent add-ons like Megaairports certainly have updated frequencies, so these would fit, but the rest might be more or less different. (ii) NavDataPro does not include updated frequencies at all...?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but I own Electronic Flight Bag + FS Commander, so this might be of potential interest to me.

Kind Regards, Michael

• Aerosoft

So, a counter counting up to 4, with 4 numbers from 1 to 13.

For example you could download datasets (randomly chosen) 2, 5, 9 and 11.

That is clear now, thank you.

Yes, but as it could be going over the years end it could be 1211, 1303, 1305 and 1310

• Aerosoft

Here's another question. As far as I understand, NavDataPro comes with updated procedures like SIDs and STARs. What about airport (ground, tower, ATIS) frequencies? I can imagine at least two scenarios: (i) NavDataPro contains all all recent frequencies as is, however the six (?) years old FSX database has frequencies having been valid ages before (and naturally none for recently completed airports). Recent add-ons like Megaairports certainly have updated frequencies, so these would fit, but the rest might be more or less different. (ii) NavDataPro does not include updated frequencies at all...?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but I own Electronic Flight Bag + FS Commander, so this might be of potential interest to me.

Kind Regards, Michael

This is a navigation database and I do not think that communication frequencies are includes. Keep in mind that we do not create these datasets, we are only allowed to use the data as it is.

Hello! I have two questions about this product:

1) Does it deals with default navdata? It updates waypoints, VORs/NDB´s, etc for default scenery too? Or it just deals with payware addons nav databases?

2) Will the future release airbusX only be updated with this nav tool? In other words, will airbusX going to use a proprietary package delivered only by aerosoft NavDataPro? I certainly will buy airbusX as soon as it´s available and this information is important to me.

Thanks!

Hello! I have two questions about this product:

1) Does it deals with default navdata? It updates waypoints, VORs/NDB´s, etc for default scenery too? Or it just deals with payware addons nav databases?

2) Will the future release airbusX only be updated with this nav tool? In other words, will airbusX going to use a proprietary package delivered only by aerosoft NavDataPro? I certainly will buy airbusX as soon as it´s available and this information is important to me.

Thanks!

1) It operates similar to Navigraph in that it updates the navigational information for aircraft equipped with realistic FMC's/MCDU's. Some examples included, but not limited to would be the PMDG, NGX/747/MD-11/etc., the QualityWings 757/146, and the upcoming Airbus X Extended. You can see the full list on the product page here: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd500!0,6253233050,D11684_1

2) Both NavDataPro and Navigraph will be available to use with the Airbus X Extended. Navigraph compatibility is still a WIP though, and that compatibility is a target for the product. When the Extended is released, it will include at no cost the NavDataPro 1209 cycle for its use.

• Aerosoft

Hello,

i have a questione

If i buy the abo for 4 datasets, contains one dataset one cycle for all addons or contains one dataset one cycle for one addon?

Kind regards

Rabauter

One 'dataset' is suitable for all aircraft/tools. One click and all the aircraft/tools that you got will be updated.

• Aerosoft

Looking good! I hope that the Project Magenta modules will also be supported? Let me know if you want them tested! ;-)

Until then I'm only able to use Navigraph.

Regards

Pete

Yes we have been talking to Enrico, should be sorted out fast.

• Aerosoft

Btw we noticed that our download servers are getting hit hard with the downloads of NavDataPro. loads are still acceptable and download should still be fast, but it is something that could be an issue a bit later in the evening. We'll monitor it.

• Aerosoft

Hello;

I have a question,about the data,will you be able to add airport information,like VHHX to it.

Mark

If you feel like it, feel free to try, but we will not support this is any way as this is a real world database. Adding airports that are closed is just not something we are allowed to do.

I also have a question. I got a facebook message from Aerosoft which quotes:

"NavDataPro is now available as a download in our shop. It is an update service for navigational data in Flight Simulator."

The way I understand this (which got my heart pounding hehe), it updates the default navigational data of Flight Simulator. Is this correctly understood or is it just for updating FMC databases of add-on products ??

All the best,

Ingi Bjorn

I also have a question. I got a facebook message from Aerosoft which quotes:

"NavDataPro is now available as a download in our shop. It is an update service for navigational data in Flight Simulator."

The way I understand this (which got my heart pounding hehe), it updates the default navigational data of Flight Simulator. Is this correctly understood or is it just for updating FMC databases of add-on products ??

All the best,

Ingi Bjorn

Sorry to get you down. It's only for add-on FMC's.

1) It operates similar to Navigraph in that it updates the navigational information for aircraft equipped with realistic FMC's/MCDU's. Some examples included, but not limited to would be the PMDG, NGX/747/MD-11/etc., the QualityWings 757/146, and the upcoming Airbus X Extended. You can see the full list on the product page here: http://www.aerosoft....233050,D11684_1

Archived