US Cities Los Angeles interferring with KPSP

araig

Didn't expect this as the coverage are doesn't go anywhere near Palm Springs, but when I have US Cities LA enabled in the scenery library Palm Springs becomes rather a mess as can be seen below. Comparison taken from same spot to show the problem.

I do have Mega Scenery SoCal installed.

Any ideas on how to fix this or is this a bug for a future update?

post-1357-0-04398100-1348541469_thumb.jp

post-1357-0-47727600-1348541473_thumb.jp

Didn't expect this as the coverage are doesn't go anywhere near Palm Springs, but when I have US Cities LA enabled in the scenery library Palm Springs becomes rather a mess as can be seen below. Comparison taken from same spot to show the problem.

I cannot confirm this problem with FSX default but I can confirm however that the airport doesn't match the surrounding mesh terrain, meaning it's on a low pleateau at the southern end. Usually all airports come with a flatten command that bring all of the airport up to the same elevation level. I'm not sure why this has been removed in Mega Scenery (it's there in FSX default) but it's certainly something we can fix in the next update to ensure compatibility between both. Sorry for the trouble.

We'll have to recompile the complete Mesh terrain to make the airport boundary smooth so this is nothing smallish that can be uploaded here in the forum. You can however use attached temporary fix (a flatten file) for KPSP in the meantime that should be removed when there is an official update. Let me know if it works. Just unzip it to the following folder:

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-LosAngeles\Scenery\

Bests,

Sascha

KPSPTempFlatten.zip

I cannot confirm this problem with FSX default but I can confirm however that the airport doesn't match the surrounding mesh terrain, meaning it's on a low pleateau at the southern end. Usually all airports come with a flatten command that bring all of the airport up to the same elevation level. I'm not sure why this has been removed in Mega Scenery (it's there in FSX default) but it's certainly something we can fix in the next update to ensure compatibility between both. Sorry for the trouble.

We'll have to recompile the complete Mesh terrain to make the airport boundary smooth so this is nothing smallish that can be uploaded here in the forum. You can however use attached temporary fix (a flatten file) for KPSP in the meantime that should be removed when there is an official update. Let me know if it works. Just unzip it to the following folder:

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-LosAngeles\Scenery\

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha, thanks for the flatten file, it will work for now. Just for your info here's how it looks now when comparing US Cities LA with the flatten file to just MegaScenery SoCal. Not sure if this is what you expected or not.

Incase it helps, my scenery settings are.

LoD radius: Large

Mesh complexity: 100

Mesh resolution: 1m

Texture resolution: 30cm

Land detail textures: Enabled

post-1357-0-22644400-1348595383_thumb.jp

post-1357-0-55445700-1348595387_thumb.jp

Sascha, thanks for the flatten file, it will work for now. Just for your info here's how it looks now when comparing US Cities LA with the flatten file to just MegaScenery SoCal. Not sure if this is what you expected or not.

Looks good. Thanks for the screenshot. The temporary fix will just make the airport usable again, we'll make the borders smooth as well in a later update.

Bests,

Sascha

Looks good. Thanks for the screenshot. The temporary fix will just make the airport usable again, we'll make the borders smooth as well in a later update.

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha,

I also noticed US Cities LA also interferes with KRIV and puts it on a raised platform. Screen shots available if needed.

I too had some issues with Van Nuys last night except it was when I had un-checked the US cities LA area that I got some interesting undulations. I didn't have enough time to troubleshoot the issue due to the amount of add-ons I have in that area (Megascenery socal, a Van Nuys freeware version found on Metrolhelo with modifications, and some AFCAD's i've done myself for minor fixes - all which have worked flawlessy in the past as well as when I did have the US Cities activated. Though when de-activating the scenery I saw the similar effect as the screen shots in this thread.)

I too had some issues with Van Nuys last night except it was when I had un-checked the US cities LA area that I got some interesting undulations.

USCX places some elevation changing files for KVNY, KSMO and L11 in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery. Deactivating LA in the Scenery Library won't remove those files of course.

Bests,

Sascha

I also noticed US Cities LA also interferes with KRIV and puts it on a raised platform. Screen shots available if needed.

Platforms always appear once you have a more detailed mesh active in the area (in fact most runways are sloped, just FSX doesn't seem to know about that). Unless it's nothing serious as reported for KPSP I don't think this will require a fix, but screenshots are always nice. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha,

Looks like KONT is also having trouble with US Cities LA. Here's a screen shot of it with both MegaScenery SoCal and US Cities LA activated.

post-1357-0-25755000-1349654836_thumb.jp

Looks like KONT is also having trouble with US Cities LA. Here's a screen shot of it with both MegaScenery SoCal and US Cities LA activated.

Thanks for the info. Noted.

Due for whatever reason it seems that Mega Scenery removed all airport flattens from default FSX. But that's nothing that can't be fixed by USCX at some point in the future.

If you notice any additional airports having problems in the area, please report those here. Even if I'm not responding to each one I will be listening.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep flying around and will let you know what I find. As you say it seems to be everywhere!

Almost everywhere it seems. You'll have the same problem if you use other mesh sceneries for the area (FS Global, MyWorld and and so many others). I don't know why they removed the airport flattens but as I said this is something we can solve within the rather limited area that is covered by LA's mesh terrain. See attached Google Earth file that shows you the extends of LA's mesh terrain.

Bests,

Sascha

USCitiesX-LA_MeshCoverage.zip

• 1 month later...

I too have some issues when in LA with my FS Dream Team LAX. Is there a fix for this available? Not so much the scenery but the runways are off and I have AI traffic and buildings not aligned correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Any news on this topic? I´m thinking about buying this scenery, but the interference with my Mega Scenery Southern California makes me a little reluctant...

Not yet and I can't tell exactly when this will be the case. But it will get an update sooner or later - that's for sure.

Bests,

Sascha

I too have some issues when in LA with my FS Dream Team LAX. Is there a fix for this available? Not so much the scenery but the runways are off and I have AI traffic and buildings not aligned correctly.

On those cases it's always better to show a screenshot of your problem. In this case I'd recommend doing that in a separate thread as this one here is about LA, not Las Vegas.

Bests,

Sascha

• Deputy Sheriffs

David, I think Sascha simply confused LAX (Los Angeles Int'l) with LAS (Las Vegas). Happens to us all at times.

You're in the right place. Just wait.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks in advance.

See this thread for a similar issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Sascha,

Any update on this?

To be honest if there was a way to just have the buildings from US Cities and have the mesh and textures from MegaScenery Socal I would be happy. The Mega Scenery textures seem to be much sharper.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but i have to ask for an update status on this again. I realize my last post may have got lost during the festive season.

The maunal states that US Cities LA is compatible with megascenery SoCal yet i feel these issues actually make it incompatible!

An update would be great or as i mentioned above, I would be happy to have the buildings sitting on the Megascenery textures.

Sorry, but i have to ask for an update status on this again. I realize my last post may have got lost during the festive season.

The maunal states that US Cities LA is compatible with megascenery SoCal yet i feel these issues actually make it incompatible!

An update would be great or as i mentioned above, I would be happy to have the buildings sitting on the Megascenery textures.

I've asked Sascha if he can pop in and look at your post.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat... in fact, I've had U.S. Cities Los Angeles turned off for the last several months because of this. Really disappointing especially since it was asked SO many times whether or not it'd be compatible with megascenery and it's clearly not.

Unfortunately I think the problem is much, much larger than anticipated and it will either take months to fix or will simply never be fixed.

Archived