Window 7 & FSX Help!!!!

I recently bought FSX and begun using it, the first thing i noticed was when i started FSX it automatically changed my CPU resolution from its default setting of 1600x900 to what i presume to be window basic resolution. It those this everytime i start FSX and returns when i close it. Has anyone else had this problem or now what to do to fix it?????? Any help would be appreciated.

I recently bought FSX and begun using it, the first thing i noticed was when i started FSX it automatically changed my CPU resolution from its default setting of 1600x900 to what i presume to be window basic resolution. It those this everytime i start FSX and returns when i close it. Has anyone else had this problem or now what to do to fix it?????? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you mean the windows 7 theme changes? Mine does this also and it's to help make fsx perform faster I think. Most games I have do this, but you just don't see it as the game runs in full screen from the start.

Yes I believe so, it says Aero Theme resolution has been changed to basic something to that affect. Does it really help for now it has been more of a bother to me. Like if i drag a folder across the screen when FSX is running it leaves a black shadow behind the folder from where I dragged it from to where I place it.

Its not changing your resolution at all. It is purely windows Aero which is being switched off. YTou will find that FSX is still running at your monitors optimum resolution (providing of course in FSX graphics settings you told FSX to use said optimum resolution). Personally on my FSX rig I have Aero turned off:

a, Because its pretty Naff,

b, I only use my rig for P3D and other flight sims so I'm happy to have the performance gain, minuscule as it may be.

Archived