US CitiesX LA - Newport Harbor filled with land

Clutch Cargo

Hi guys,

Really enjoying exploring this scenery. By far the most detailed Disneyland I have ever seen in a flightsim, ha!

Came across this while flying in Orange County. Newport Harbor and the back bay are fillled in with land. You can see by the attached screenshot the area that should be water. FYI, the land in the water is MegaScenery SoCal but when I remove that you still get all land, it's just easier to point out with Mega loaded. Maybe a mishap in the masking process?

Just wanted to point this out.

Clutch

post-5269-0-02864900-1347989069_thumb.jp

Actually, after some more exploring - the entire coastline, both north and south of LA is missing the customary "FSX finish".

Here is the transition at the southern border, around San Clemente.

I hope it is just a settings issue. .

post-618-0-07386600-1348015368_thumb.jpg

Came across this while flying in Orange County. Newport Harbor and the back bay are fillled in with land. You can see by the attached screenshot the area that should be water. FYI, the land in the water is MegaScenery SoCal but when I remove that you still get all land, it's just easier to point out with Mega loaded. Maybe a mishap in the masking process?

Good find! Without Mega Scenery it's not obvious but there really is a waterbody missing there. Will add that to the to-do list for a possible update.

Bests,

Sascha

Possibly the same issue - south of LAX, the coast is mixed up.

Not really mixed up I would say. That's barely outside coverage area and just a yacht harbor how it's displayed in FSX default. I agree however that his would look better with coastlines (possibly that what you mean by "FSX Finish"?) and I will add this to the to-do list as well. Thank you for noticing.

Bests,

Sascha

Or.. here a side-by-side that shows it better:

Yes, I thought this will look a lot better. Thanks for the comparision. I'll see what I can do once I have collected a few more issues that could be worth an update at some point. Maybe I'll do some night textures at least for the terrain textures some day - wo knows?

Sascha

Archived