Jetways not working at Mega Airport Amsterdam

LEC

Hi there,

I have deactivated my AES activated airports, amongst which Amsterdam to evaluate an other ground services emulation. After deactivation I have discovered that the jetways at EHAM are now not responding any-more (I have not yet installed the other ground services emulation software !!).

On other airports the jetways are responding fine.

I have tried reinstalling the airport, but the jetways still do not work..

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Steven.

The airport needs AES to be active to operate the jetways. So, if you deactivated it, jetway movement will not longer be supported.

On the flip-side of that, if you DID reactivate AES and the jetways still do not work, then you have a separate issue.

Thanks for the superfast response :-D,

So ...

I reactivated AES and indeed the jetways are working again.

I find it a bit strange that they only work with AES, since the airport scenery can be bought stand-alone. Is it certain that there is no way to operate the jetways with AES de-activated and using Cntr-J as per default FSX functionality?

It was designed by the developer that way, to be used with AES for jetway usage, so no, Ctrl+J will not work. The only workaround is to remove all door assignments for each aircraft you want to use except for the front left door in AES, and use the "other" ground services for everything else. The AES marshaller will still be there, so that would just be something you have to live with.

Though, if you do this, keep in mind that airports where AES is truly essential, you will have to reactivate the doors before going. So can be a pain. (btw, airports I consider "AES essential" are ones like Madeira, Heraklion, Corfu, and other airports with standalone parking stands that the "other" service does not do well with at all. [standalone stands are i.e. no gates])