Arlanda: buildings and jetways appearing very late

pstrsto

I recently purchased the Mega-airport Stockholm scenery and noticed that for example when on approach to runway 01L the terminal buildings start to appear only at less than 2NM DME. The jetways appear much later still, way past the runway treshold! Strangely the hangars on apron G and H appear earlier even though they are further away. I'm using FS9.

My questions are:

Is this the normal and intended behavior? I realize that this is likely done to improve performance. However, there is no performance issue for me at this airport. I get 50+ fps when all buildings and jetways are visible.

Is there a way to change this and make the buildings and jetways appear earlier? I don't care too much about the jetways but it is a bit disappointing that the airport is nothing but a flat image for most of the approach!

cheers

Patrick Strutzenberger

I think that this often happens intentionally for performance reasons; the terminals and other objects are designed to appear after a certain distance......so that FSX does not have to load many objects at once.

I've had this happen in other sceneries myself.

I think that this often happens intentionally for performance reasons; the terminals and other objects are designed to appear after a certain distance......so that FSX does not have to load many objects at once.

I've had this happen in other sceneries myself.

This is indeed correct.