USCities for XPlane

DannyH73

I'm new to Xplane but a long term MSFS user, and recently a Prepar3d convert as well. I have all the USCities packages and am aware of the development overhead that would be added if doing night textures for these products. However, with XPlanes dynamic lighhting, shouldn't a port be a consideration, and the night lighting possibilities considered? I only ask as i think it really is calling out for it to happen .... As soon as possible :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up my old post, but only just coming back after a time without a PC due to an exploding water cooling unit.

Anyhow, understand that USCities is a budget range and the FSX versions don't do LIT textures to minimise the cost ... but the question about USCities coming to a native version for X-Plane is one that is still there.

With the new autogen that 10.20R5beta has brought, there's a lot of discussion how these cities could really compliment the skylines that are still misisng. I can convert through FS2XPlane, and the result is pretty decent for most cities, but I can imagine performance could be tweaked further with a native X-Plane product.

Any chance we'll see this product line come X-Plane's way any time?

Thanks for the feedback Heinz. Good to see it is going to be discussed.

With how easily they currently convert with FS2Xplane it would be great to have optimised versions of the current series for X-Plane

Best regards,

Danny

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update Heinz - great to hear its on the list for LimeSim!

Looking forward to see it come to market and I think it will really with the X-Plane skylines.

Cheers,

Danny

• Administrator

Yes, i think, that X-Plane 10 grows...

I hope, that more and more developer will work for X-Plane. With airports, Aircrafts, Tools and Scenery...

So i think, that we someday have such things like "Deutschland X" for X-Plane or US-Cities, or many big and small Airports and Airfields....

But we only can do it step by step. Thats the way.

Greets

Heinz

Archived