FSMap and P3D

Eric Bakker

• Deputy Sheriffs

I tried FSMap with P3D 1.4.

On my system FSMap is installed 'normally' for FSX.

The program connects immediately (and with no changes made) to P3D and shows all aircraft data and position, and AI. Very good.

The gauge also seems to work correctly, only the database (airports, navaids) seems to be missing (or is not connected to).

I am not sure where to look to solve this. Or is FSMap gauge just incompatible in this respect?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thomas,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I installed the gauge manually (I just copied the aircraft's panel.cfg from FSX), and that works indeed.

Can you tell me how the gauge connects to the NAV DB, is programmed in the FSMapDevice.gau or can I edit some other file? I expected it to find the existing FSX NAV DB it builds.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't tried the gauge in P3D. But I guess it should treat P3D as FSX and thus load the FSX NV DB if available.

That is what I expected as well. But it did not. Where is the FSX NAV DB located, and what is the file name?

On my system FSMap, FSX and P3D are installed on three different drives (D, E and F). Could this be an issue?

• Upvote 1

No. The FSMap databases are located under "C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Local\FSMap". The ones for FSX are named *2006*.dat. But I think that the gauge might fall back to the FS2004 mode as it doesn't "know" P3D. You might try to duplicate those 2006 files and replace 2006 with 2004.

Thomas

• Deputy Sheriffs

The FSMap databases are located under "C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Local\FSMap". The ones for FSX are named *2006*.dat. But I think that the gauge might fall back to the FS2004 mode as it doesn't "know" P3D. You might try to duplicate those 2006 files and replace 2006 with 2004.

I followed your advice, and it works! :excellenttext_s:

I can now use FSMap with P3D, using the FSX database.

Of course I will need to copy the database again when I need to rebuild it, and paste the gauge manually in the panel.cfg of a plane, but that is very simple to do.

Thank you very much for the fast help!

• Upvote 1