+1 the above. NXGN's FAA'A X is now out for FSX and before I purchase I'd like to confirm it plays nicely with Tahiti X. Also how it compares with what's being developed for Tahiti X2.

Ref http://nxgnsim.blogspot.com/

OK I see it now.

Off course what Aerosoft can do if they don't cooperate with NXGN is to make sure they have separate files for NTAA airport only that can be DISABLED if needed in case of "other" airport scenery above it so that they blend in seamlessly.

Hmm.. i am eager to see some shots from Aerosoft Tahiti X NXGN airport, anyway ! (Just to compare...)

Dom

OK I see it now.

Off course what Aerosoft can do if they don't cooperate with NXGN is to make sure they have separate files for NTAA airport only that can be DISABLED if needed in case of "other" airport scenery above it so that they blend in seamlessly.

I believe this indeed how it will be done if possible. Sometimes 3rd party airports make that hard though.

I gave it a try and invested 14 EUR to test NXGN's Faaa Airport.

To put it in a nutshell the scenery is more or less incompatible. After excluding all features of Aerosoft's Faaa version (including the photo texture) you will easily notice that NXGN's version is off by about 300m to the east. I even excluded Aerosoft's coastline and roads around Faaa just to find that the beautiful photoreal water textures did not fit properly anymore.

In addition I'm not really convinced of NXGN's version in general. The buildings and the taxiyways look more aunthentic indeed but the grass colour, the flimsiness of the textures (mipmaps are missing) and the range of the ground tiles spoil the overall impression. Of course you can fix some of these issues (and I did) but as long as the airport is not in line with the surrounding scenery using NXGN's airport is not an option for me.

IMHO Aerosoft and their designer should not spend too much time on making the add-ons compatible but start from scratch if they want a more detailed representation of the airport.

You are of course welcome to donate a small sum to me so that I get a refund for the scenery. LOL

When I bought this new airport for FS 9 it was also as a test, I was completely surprised to see this fantastic airport for so very small price. I have bought quite a few airports and scenery's for more euro's than only 14 euro for this fantastic airport.

Sometimes the more expensive scenery's and airports can also be a waste of euro's. ! This airport is not a waste at all, maybe Aerosoft can buy the rights of this airport and use the design in the new Tahiti V2 box.

I have both the FS 9 and FS X Flight simulators , and I am more that happy to have this new airport in FS 9, I am looking forward to have the same airport in the new Tahiti V2.

Wishful thinking and dreaming !!

post-4893-0-71173700-1359298510_thumb.jp

post-4893-0-59643900-1359298537_thumb.jp

Mmm, I really don't think NGXN's ground textures for the runway, taxiways and apron are up to the usual high standards now seen in Aerosoft's FSX sceneries. I will wait to see what Aerosoft's V2 Papeete looks like.... Hopefully on a par with their other FSX sceneries :)

The preview photo's of the new version of Tahiti V2 scenery are looking fantastic, but the airport view still looks very basic compare to the real thing . In Tahiti V1 the airport looks very basic and not real at all.

So I am wondering if they will get V2 to the high standard of NGXN. The airport of Papeete is of course very important, so if you like to have it as the real thing than a lot has to happen to get it right.

I been there and I think NGXN is the best I have ever seen ! It does look as real thing, and maybe you can have a better look on Google Maps.

post-4893-0-60958200-1359904221_thumb.jp

Hi Mathijs, is there a status update or any news regarding this project? Has any work been done on the ground textures at Faa'a airport?

Thanks so much :)

Hi all,

Agree with Ciderman#55.

And, please, if it's not too late, made the tower like in real, no like in Tahiti X ! :

033.jpg

IMG_0207.JPG

holding TAF 1500ft

And, an idea of the release date ?

Thank you,

No release date has been scheduled at this moment. We'll soon know more, but this is a large project, covering a massive area.

Not sure if I missed this, but will it be the same coverage as the original Tahiti X or will there be additional islands and atolls in the X2 package?

Not sure if I missed this, but will it be the same coverage as the original Tahiti X or will there be additional islands and atolls in the X2 package?

I need to ask about that.

I just heard from the developer the coverage is the same as for the previous version.

Mathijs - really looking forward to seeing a revamped Tahiti and Faa'a International Airport - is this planned for a 2013 release? Do you have a feel for timeframe?

Also, we haven't seen any fresh screenshots for a while. A few more would be really appreciated if possible. If not, happy to sit tight and shut up! ..... :) :)