Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

@BigBadMacys: This is a free world and everyone is entitled to their own point of view.

However, I find your criticism harsh and inappropriate. I have been using a preview version for some time now: the new custom textures look very convincing and much better than Microsoft's stock textures used in earlier versions of the product.

In fact the scenery looks quite tropical now although this is not fully reflected in the set of set of screenshots.

EDIT: I presume BigBadMacys' negative post is gone for good.

A side question for Mathijs, if I may.

Mathijs, when do we get to see actual High Res satellite imagery? We are no where near in terms of what FSX/P3D is capable of. Everything will look so much better if we get rid of the cluttered and blurry roads and parking lots. Either by using better satellite imagery or by not only using custom ground textures for the airport but also for the surroundings.

And something technical I'm interested in: is it possible to use bump maps on ground polygonsin FSX/P3D?

A side question for Mathijs, if I may.

Mathijs, when do we get to see actual High Res satellite imagery? We are no where near in terms of what FSX/P3D is capable of. Everything will look so much better if we get rid of the cluttered and blurry roads and parking lots. Either by using better satellite imagery or by not only using custom ground textures for the airport but also for the surroundings.

And something technical I'm interested in: is it possible to use bump maps on ground polygonsin FSX/P3D?

Well the problem is one of size really. Double the resolution quadruples the file size. So a 10 gb add-on (we got some) becomes a 40 Gb extension. If you go from a 50 cm resolution to a 10 cm resolution your 10 gb add-on become a 2500gb add-on. Very hard to retail and it would cause massive problems for most hardware. It works for a small VFR airport with little scenery around it but it will never work a big airport.

I do not think bumps are possible.

Thats why ive ONLY SEEN positive posts in the forums, Aerosoft delete all the others ....

Actually, there are negative comments here throughout the forums, and they do take criticism. Though, I daresay constructive criticism. It's all about how you word it. And, by your last few posts, you do not know how to word your complaints/criticisms constructively and respectfully. It's as easy as that. If you come here and start yelling and kicking your feet like a child, well, that's indeed what will happen, you'll be treated with the same respect. Calm down, it's an internet forum. Be respectful, state your concerns/wishes in a constructive manner, and I guarantee you'll get treated with the same respect.

Actually, there are negative comments here throughout the forums, and they do take criticism. Though, I daresay constructive criticism. It's all about how you word it. And, by your last few posts, you do not know how to word your complaints/criticisms constructively and respectfully. It's as easy as that. If you come here and start yelling and kicking your feet like a child, well, that's indeed what will happen, you'll be treated with the same respect. Calm down, it's an internet forum. Be respectful, state your concerns/wishes in a constructive manner, and I guarantee you'll get treated with the same respect.

And yes, we delete post that we do not like, these are not public forums like those on AVSIM but forums maintained and paid for by Aerosoft. They are part of our online presence and of our public relations so we determine what shows here are what not. You accepted those terms when you joined.

That said, we accept a lot, we accept a lot that is not accepted at AVSIM forums for example. If you state your point well, stay polite a lot is possible.

Looking forward to it!! I've to admit that the first version wasn't on my addon's list, but this one definitely will be!!! Thanks a lot for such a nice pictures and future software!!

This is a great idea, glad to see a new Tahiti coming.

Mathijs,

Next time you speak to the developers please could you request some screenshots of Faa'a International Airport? I would love to see how the main airport is looking in version 2. No rush, I'm happy to wait :)

It was ~1997 when in FS98 I was flying this Tahiti scenery, the first one with water reflections.

I can remember me landing in Maupiti NTTP in between the palm trees and having a wild imagination of how this paradise airport would be in real.

Years later, after I got married, in Oct. 2008 I decided to have a honeymoon in French Polynesia half the globe across from where I live. One of the prime factors in deciding it was my flights in FS98 and the aim to rent a plane with my PPL and fly to those places I had since imagined.

My pictures album from that trip.

Renting a plane from aeroclub of Papeete and flying my wife to the (ex virtual) airports I had flown in FS98 was a milestone for me. She would never understand my thoughts when we

and
from Maupiti.

Indeed Maupiti was a paradise on Earth along with Bora Bora and Moorea which we also visited for a few days.

Later, nowadays in year 2012, with two kids and a wife in house, (since I had to beta test the 29Palms Mykonos scenery for which I helped with photo. & data from the actual place) I installed FSX after months and months of hesitating and the first scenery I purchased ... was Aerosoft's Tahiti X !

These days Tahiti is one of the favorite spots in FSX where my son and daughter enjoy flying (... emm playing) around in FSX (with crashes disabled!).

Flight simulation and my strings attached have come a long way since 1997 !

All I can say is that I can't wait for Tahiti X2 release and Mathijs if you need any feedback following any preview/test of the X2 update, let me know, I'll gladly help.

Thats great news!! Tahiti X is one of my favorites. . . .

I echo Rob's sentiments exactly!

Tahiti X has long been my #1 "getaway destination" in Flight Sim -- the place where I go to experience a complete change-up in my experience. Normally, I fly in the Pacific North-West, so the balmy Tahiti X has been a welcome retreat -- and it now promises to be even better with the release of V2.

Hot diggety!

More images to warm your hearts in these dark days before Christmas...

WHOA !!! Amazing.

Mathijs keep in mind what I posted 4 posts up in case you need any feedback.

Merry Christmas,

default runway and taxiway texturing? o_O

Yes, I noticed that. I hope the runway, taxiway and apron textures at Faa'a International are all updated to the usual Aerosoft high standard? They still look the same as the original version.

Guys,

You did it again...

I went to Ibiza and Mallorca (and Rome on the same trip in June) mainly because of Aerosoft scenery of the balearic Island.

I intend to go to the Maldives and St Barth because of 2 other sceneries as well that made me want to visit these areas I got so familiar with in the simpit...

Tahiti is for sure going to have the same effect and make the personnal trip bucket list as I can predict a huge amount of hour in the sim flying up there (and into).

Screenshots Mat has posted are AMAZING.

Thank you so much for such an amazing and beautiful work guys

You have my support for sure on this product when it's released.

Just sad no photoscenery will be available just like you guys did with corfu that I hapilly visited before it was rendered by you guys and enjoy in my simpit all the time.

Great addon

Thanks EmilG again

Have fun while waiting with these videos :

full landing Bora Bora

Fly over airport Bora Bora

I did read your 2 earlier posts and I am sure you'll make the beta team as you seem to be an asset to this (hopefully) soon to be formed team.

Loved your pictures as well

thank you so much

Mathijs can you give us a really rough estimation. more within 2, 3 6 months, a year...? Rough....

Thanks in advance.

Xavier

Staff,

I'm glad that this package is finally being updated/upgraded, at least to fix all the issues v.1.10 had would be all I would ask for; more eye-candy airports and high-res ground textures would be a bonus gift from God.

:)

Posted the same message on the FS X / FS 2004 Scenery forum and was advice by Shaun to put the same message on this forum !

As you can see from my attachments the new NXGN Papeete Airport, would be more than fantastic with your beautiful scenery of Tahiti. They will also come out with Papeete for X very soon..

This Airport looks exactly how it is, because I have been there and have spend quite a few days looking to all the air traffic .

The Papeete Airport which was included in the first Tahiti box was very basic and not very realistic at all, and ofcourse the main airport of French Polynesia always have to look very realistic.

Hope Aerosoft can do some business with this company ! To compliment to scenery's. !

post-4893-0-45644100-1358784189_thumb.pn

post-4893-0-48804900-1358784215_thumb.jp

post-4893-0-61861500-1358784235_thumb.jp

post-4893-0-71670100-1358784273_thumb.jp

Will it be possible to include NXGA Simulation airport in Aerosoft Tahiti X ? Or Does Aerosoft consider that it's Tahiti airport will be as good as this one ?

:help_s:

Will it be possible to include NXGA Simulation airport in Aerosoft Tahiti X ? Or Does Aerosoft consider that it's Tahiti airport will be as good as this one ?

:help_s:

Just out of curiosity, who is "NXGA Simulation" ?

Any website ?