Sitka Beaver-HD...

petermcleland

Mathijs...That is a question that I can't really answer because I don't use FSX...I only installed FSX as a receiver for scenery. So I really can't compare to two. I can say that I find P3D both fast and smooth but I leave the Frame Rate unlimited and if I have it visible then it hops around with the changing scenery as you would expect but it varies in the Sitka area from about 14 to 58 but very smooth aeroplane handling.

It was a mistake to install Tongass Fjords in FSX instead of P3D and then to just point to it in P3D's Scenery Library. You would obviously know that this can not work as TF is a complex scenery which when installed places many extras like Terrain.cfg mods and effects and AI Aircraft etc etc. so merely pointing the Scenery Library at a scenery folder elsewhere can't possibly work. I did the same with Pacific North West and was disenchanted with the results, so I will install it properly today into P3D. I'm beginning to think that I didn't really need FSX...Just a concrete way of forcing scenery to install elsewhere so that I can see what to transfer in or Directly into P3D if allowed. I look forward to Version 2 of P3D and I'm keeping my installers for scenery so that I can put it in again.

I have to say that I am probably the only one that actually enjoys flying FLIGHT best so when I have got P3D working to my satisfaction, I shall be off back to Flight for my flying enjoyment until P3D v2 comes out next year.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs...That is a question that I can't really answer because I don't use FSX...I only installed FSX as a receiver for scenery. So I really can't compare to two. I can say that I find P3D both fast and smooth but I leave the Frame Rate unlimited and if I have it visible then it hops around with the changing scenery as you would expect but it varies in the Sitka area from about 14 to 58 but very smooth aeroplane handling.

It was a mistake to install Tongass Fjords in FSX instead of P3D and then to just point to it in P3D's Scenery Library. You would obviously know that this can not work as TF is a complex scenery which when installed places many extras like Terrain.cfg mods and effects and AI Aircraft etc etc. so merely pointing the Scenery Library at a scenery folder elsewhere can't possibly work. I did the same with Pacific North West and was disenchanted with the results, so I will install it properly today into P3D. I'm beginning to think that I didn't really need FSX...Just a concrete way of forcing scenery to install elsewhere so that I can see what to transfer in or Directly into P3D if allowed. I look forward to Version 2 of P3D and I'm keeping my installers for scenery so that I can put it in again.

I have to say that I am probably the only one that actually enjoys flying FLIGHT best so when I have got P3D working to my satisfaction, I shall be off back to Flight for my flying enjoyment until P3D v2 comes out next year.

You really should check out AeroflyFS if it is actual flying you enjoy most. It has by far the best flight model of any sim I know. And fps over 100 on my system all the bloody time.

Well I just looked at the video and various promos and was extremely impressed...till I saw the price. Also, I have an aversion to low flying over a photograph like in Switzerland Professional in FS9. Photo scenery may be very good for frame rates but not for realism. I think flying over a photo can only look realistic with a bit of altitude.