Some More P3D Mysteries...

petermcleland

I got the FSX Beaver working nicely in P3D today and took a few pics at Sitka:-

p3d015.jpg

Here is the Beaver...It was reluctant to turn in the water but a made a few adjustments and it seems OK now. The reflection shows a lack of buildings on the foreshore and there should be parts of the floats showing.

p3d016.jpg

Lifting the camera a little cause the aircraft reflection to vanish. Again there are no buildings reflecting.

p3d017.jpg

The wake and spray looks very good.

p3d018.jpg

Unstuck...

p3d019.jpg

...and the reflection recaptured by lowering the camera angle.

p3d020.jpg

Here it is from ahead but note the lack of buildings in the reflection.

p3d021.jpg

All those trees the far side of Sitka runway should not be there...

p3d022.jpg

...and nor should all that forested terrain below me...It should be Ocean!

The scenery is Tongass Fjords and it looks just fine in FSX where it is installed but referenced here in P3D the Ocean is invaded by all this forrested terrain.

Thanks for looking :)

Peter I think you should recheck your install of Tongass Fjords, it works as in FSX for me. Are you just linking P3D's scenery library to the scenery installed in FSX?

Yes I am linking to the scenery in FSX but I did also copy in the FSAddon Folder with it's contents...Do you think I should take that folder out of P3D again?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes I am linking to the scenery in FSX but I did also copy in the FSAddon Folder with it's contents...Do you think I should take that folder out of P3D again?

The install of Tongass also modifies the terrain.cfg. Thats the reasen for your ocean and forest problem. Like Ultimate Terrrain and ORBX, Tongass is also modifying the landclass entries. It's adding 40 custom texture entries.

By the way, VancouverPlus also modifies the terrain.cfg

• Upvote 1

The install of Tongass also modifies the terrain.cfg. Thats the reasen for your ocean and forest problem. Like Ultimate Terrrain and ORBX, Tongass is also modifying the landclass entries. It's adding 40 custom texture entries.

By the way, VancouverPlus also modifies the terrain.cfg

So my Tongass Fjords is now only in FSX and displays correctly. My only link to the scenery in P3D is through the scenery library. However, the scenery is perfect in FSX and still as shown in these shots in P3D...I could copy the Terrain.cfg file from FSX to P3D and see if that would fix it?