Please help - unable to register Seahawk/Jayhawk

Irishbug

Ive own a box version of the seahawk/jayhawk helicopter but I have been unable to update the addon. Approximately 9 months ago, a female support person with Aerosoft attempted to help me but I never received an answer to the last question she had asked me. Its like she fell off the face of the earth. A couple of weeks after that I moved, and now that Im settled in, I'd like to get this up and running.

Thanks,

PS - The problem I had run into was that I was unable to access the update but I dont remember why.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A couple of thoughts for you: Since you've already started working with direct support at Aerosoft, you should continue that route. Just write to support@aerosoft.com and let them know both your issue and that you were working previously with e-mail support. They should find your old case file and pick it back up.

Second, when you have something to add to an earlier post, use the "Edit" button at the bottom of the message to, well, edit your post. By double posting like you did, it means you have to track both threads to see replies, and it makes it much harder for folks that try to help you with two virtually identical posts going.

I'll close out your other post so there's just this latest one to work with.

Regards,

A couple of thoughts for you: Since you've already started working with direct support at Aerosoft, you should continue that route. Just write to support@aerosoft.com and let them know both your issue and that you were working previously with e-mail support. They should find your old case file and pick it back up.

Second, when you have something to add to an earlier post, use the "Edit" button at the bottom of the message to, well, edit your post. By double posting like you did, it means you have to track both threads to see replies, and it makes it much harder for folks that try to help you with two virtually identical posts going.

I'll close out your other post so there's just this latest one to work with.

Regards,

Thanks.

The edit typo happened because I hit the back button to make a correction after I had already selected post. I thought that it hadnt gone through yet but apparently it did. My apologies.

I was able to hunt down the last email that I received. I answered back several times but never received a reply. Ill give this another shot. Below is the last email that I had received back in January.

Do you suggest I send a new message now, or try the original support person again?

Hello,

do you have the box or the download version of Seahawk?

--

With kind regards,

Veronika Plet

Aerosoft GmbH

Flughafen Paderborn/L.

D-33142 Bueren

HRB1989 Paderborn

GF: Winfried Diekmann

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suggest a new message, with a description of your issue, the date of their last contact with you and mention you were being helped by Veronika Plet.

Bad aim with the mouse happens to all of us, but it also happens that new posters don't realize some simple protocols. No need for an applogy.

I would send a new e-mail to support@aerosoft.com like Herman suggested, but explain everything like it was new. Include the fact that it was a boxed version, and all information you can give on the matter, like what your OS is, your computer specs, if Windows User Access Control (UAC) is turned off, and specifically what type of anti-virus software you use (Only reason I suggest this is I had a similar issue a few years ago, and it was caused by my anti-virus software). Also, do you still have your order number and serial code? (Please don't post them here) Those are also useful, and you may even try to re-download the updates available.

If you by some chance you haven't set up an account with the online store, do that here: http://aerosoft-shop...php?language=en

After you've done that, click on the "FAQ's/Updates link on the main store site here: http://www.aerosoft....hop.cgi?show270

Sign in, then, in the drop-down box, search for the Seahawk/Jayhawk X, and click on continue and register the product. From that site you can find the update downloads.

Either way, send that e-mail with that info, and give registering the product on the site as I laid out above if you have not already. In the time you wait for a response, you may well be able to get the updates and run them as you need.

The problem I was having was not with the installation or anything like that. I was not able to download the update because of a problem navigating the download section. I remember having a terrible time trying to do so. Thats when I reached out for help and didnt get any. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you able to log into your account page on the Aerosoft shop site? If so, and it's a navigation issue, I can provide you a step-by-step to where you can access updates.

The problem I was having was not with the installation or anything like that. I was not able to download the update because of a problem navigating the download section. I remember having a terrible time trying to do so. Thats when I reached out for help and didnt get any. Thanks for your suggestions.

Please check the link here on how to get updates.

• Upvote 1