Piper Cheyenne X - GPS issue

F4U_Corsair

Hi all,

I recently acquired the Piper Cheyenne X, from DA.. Well i love this plane, one of the best i've ever seen for FSX.

But i've a little problem with the GPS. When i try to select an airport, around LExx, i get an FSX crash. I use AIRAC cycle 1209.

I have the last version (v4.0), FSX Acceleration.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks a lot.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It sounds like you have access to updated AIRAC cycles, so it you used a utility like Navigraph, keep a copy of the new cycle info and restore the previous info. Once done, see if you still get crashes and report back.

I have the Cheyenne, so will try this with an older cycle I have as well as the current one and let you know what I find out. Will probably take me a day or so, since my FSX just turned cranky.

Thanks a lot for your help. ^_^

Actually i just "discovered" AIRAC recenty so it is my first cycle. I did a back up with the included one (august 06).

I still had a crash.. exactly at LEBG.. weird.

Hello;

If you update the old airrac cycle,you don't need to keep the old one,at Navigraph,you can get these,but you have to pay.Are you using an Fsx flight plan?

Mark

Nope, i'm not using FSX Flight plan.

I just reinstalled FSX because i messed it up.. so i got the "stock" AIRAC cycle provided with the Piper Cheyenne. It does not crash anymore but there are a lot or airports, etc.. that are missing. So i'm going to install the cycle 1209 and i tell you if it crashes again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nope, i'm not using FSX Flight plan.

I just reinstalled FSX because i messed it up.. so i got the "stock" AIRAC cycle provided with the Piper Cheyenne. It does not crash anymore but there are a lot or airports, etc.. that are missing. So i'm going to install the cycle 1209 and i tell you if it crashes again.

Let us know what you learn. I finally got my FSX back; my Velociraptor died. I rebuilt it on a spare I had, and there's a replacement coming through exchange. I'll give this a look on the rebuilt drive I did.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was able to duplicate your error last night, and also confirm the 1113 dataset creates the issue too. I'm going to try to see if changing a few of the files around LEBG to the ones in the dataset that come with the Cheyenne does anything. I also will try the beta NavDataPro files to see if they work correctly with this issue.

To duplicate your issue, I scrolled through the airport files. which is pretty tedious and not the easiest way to get to an airport. In your testing, did you enter the airport a letter at a time to see if that avoids the issue? I'm going to try it tonight.

I tried both: scrolling from zero (either 0 or Z) which is very looong.. and scrolling from the letter L (ENT > scroll until L > ENT again).

I'm "glad" that i'm not the only one having the issue.

Is Navdatapro free or payware like Navigraph ? Thanks a lot for your tests by the way.

• Deputy Sheriffs

NavDataPro is a soon to be released Aerosoft product that provides updated navdata. It has better coverage than the Navigraph datasets and is currently in beta test. See this link. B)

• Deputy Sheriffs

NavDataPro didn't resolve the issue, but my testing did reveal another issue that should be fixed at the next NDP cycle. I'll give it a go and let you know if it's fixed.

Out of curiosity, are you running any other Flight1 add-ons OR other aircraft (like the Aerosoft AirbusX) that use that same database?