How To Fix Santorini X Autogen Issues

cbd80

If after installing Santorini X you find that the Autogen is missing, please follow the below steps to correct the issue. It's an easy and quick fix to perform.

The issue is caused by the Autogen entries not being written to the 'default.xml' during installation. The 'default.xml' tells FSX what Autogen to display and where.

Step 1:

Locate your '....\Flight Simulator X\Autogen' folder and copy and paste the 'default.xml' file. Rename the copy of the file to 'default.bak'. This will preserve your current file in the event you need to go back to it.

Step 2:

Also in the 'Autogen' folder you should find a file called 'SNdefaultCode.txt'. This file contains the Autogen entries for Santorini X.

Step 3:

Right click on the 'default.xml' file and select 'Open with', and choose 'Notepad'.

Step 4:

In 'Notepad' press 'Ctrl+F' to open the find box. Enter '<CODE>N</CODE>'.

Step 5:

Copy all of the text in 'SNdefaultCode.txt'.

Step 6:

In 'default.xml' position the cursor after '<CODE>N</CODE>' and press 'Enter'. Here paste the content of 'SNdefaultCode.txt'.

Step 7:

Press 'Ctrl+F' and this time find, '<CODE>O</CODE>'. Repeat Steps 5 and 6.

Step 8:

'Save' and 'Close' the 'default.xml' file that is open in 'Notepad'.

Having completed the above steps you should find the Santorini X Autogen restored next time you load the scenery in FSX. Be careful when pasting the new entries into the 'default.xml' not to overwrite any of the existing entries.

If after installing Santorini X you find that the Autogen is missing, please follow the below steps to correct the issue. It's an easy and quick fix to perform.

The issue is caused by the Autogen entries not being written to the 'default.xml' during installation. The 'default.xml' tells FSX what Autogen to display and where.

Step 1:

Locate your '....\Flight Simulator X\Autogen' folder and copy and paste the 'default.xml' file. Rename the copy of the file to 'default.bak'. This will preserve your current file in the event you need to go back to it.

Step 2:

Also in the 'Autogen' folder you should find a file called 'SNdefaultCode.txt'. This file contains the Autogen entries for Santorini X.

Step 3:

Right click on the 'default.xml' file and select 'Open with', and choose 'Notepad'.

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

In 'default.xml' position the cursor after '<CODE>N</CODE>' and press 'Enter'. Here paste the content of 'SNdefaultCode.txt'.

Step 7:

Step 8:

Having completed the above steps you should find the Santorini X Autogen restored next time you load the scenery in FSX. Be careful when pasting the new entries into the 'default.xml' not to overwrite any of the existing entries.

Hi Chris, I find it astounding that you are having to do Aerosoft's work for them!!! I'll try this shortly, many thanks for your help...

Guest cptawsom

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

Step 8:

I assume that the autogen setting the manual dictates, still has to be followed?

I assume that the autogen setting the manual dictates, still has to be followed?

Yes, please follow the instructions in the manual as normal.

Thaaank you :) Works good :)

is the default.back just the backup? after copiing and pasting i can delete it?

Thanks!

Hi. Yes it's just a backup in case anything went wrong. Feel free to delete it if you're happy with your changes.

Does it have any utility to show you which airports it provides traffic for? If you disable Santorini X in your Scenery Library do you get traffic then?

Does it have any utility to show you which airports it provides traffic for? If you disable Santorini X in your Scenery Library do you get traffic then?

I'm not at my rig at the moment Chris, but I'll check it out soon, cheers.

Hi Chris, nope, followed your suggestion and still no AI, even with sliders set at 80% This was midday on a Saturday in August.

Hi Chris, nope, followed your suggestion and still no AI, even with sliders set at 80% This was midday on a Saturday in August.

Did you look in the MyTraffic utility to see if there are any flights timetabled for Santorini? I use MyTraffic X 5.4a and it only has a couple of Airline flights scheduled and several GA flights. So even with 100% Airline AI I didn't see any flights.

If your version of MyTraffic doesn't have any flights timetabled for Santorini then you are not going to see any AI.

Did you look in the MyTraffic utility to see if there are any flights timetabled for Santorini? I use MyTraffic X 5.4a and it only has a couple of Airline flights scheduled and several GA flights. So even with 100% Airline AI I didn't see any flights.

If your version of MyTraffic doesn't have any flights timetabled for Santorini then you are not going to see any AI.

Hmm, I did actually consider this. But this happens every single time regardless of the date. However, I'll take a look at timetables and see how i get on. Thanks Chris...

Hmm, I don't want to be down on Aerosoft so I hope they don't take this the wrong way, but it's a pretty poor show that this issue has been brought to their attention some time ago and no one, from what I see, has acknowldged the issue. Sorry fellas, if this was Orbx, the issue would have been acknowledged immediately and then addressed in an update.

Hmm, I don't want to be down on Aerosoft so I hope they don't take this the wrong way, but it's a pretty poor show that this issue has been brought to their attention some time ago and no one, from what I see, has acknowldged the issue. Sorry fellas, if this was Orbx, the issue would have been acknowledged immediately and then addressed in an update.

The trouble is it does not happen to everyone I dont believe, it may be just a matter of permissions.

• 1 month later...

Hi cbd,

I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly but still can't see autogen in Santorini, except for a few houses near the airport.

Fira, Oia and all other villages nearby are still missing.

I have my autogen setting set to Sparse, I tried with full but no difference.

I noticed there is a file called default_XML_before_Santorini X_was_installed inside the main Autogen folder.

Shall I try your steps with that file as the default?

Thanks a lot ;)

Hi cbd,

I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly but still can't see autogen in Santorini, except for a few houses near the airport.

Fira, Oia and all other villages nearby are still missing.

I have my autogen setting set to Sparse, I tried with full but no difference.

I noticed there is a file called default_XML_before_Santorini X_was_installed inside the main Autogen folder.

Shall I try your steps with that file as the default?

Thanks a lot ;)

I would try it but make a backup first.

Didn't work..... :(

There must be something else, cause I double checked the steps again and I followed them exactly.

I only see a few houses scattered around the airport and the Church at Fira, nothing like the screenshots.

Also, I am including a screenshot of my Santorini X/scenery folder. Am I missing any files??

Lets see what I can come up with.

post-33308-0-42197400-1349724554_thumb.j

post-33308-0-09303500-1349724937_thumb.j

Didn't work..... :(

There must be something else, cause I double checked the steps again and I followed them exactly.

I only see a few houses scattered around the airport and the Church at Fira, nothing like the screenshots.

Also, I am including a screenshot of my Santorini X/scenery folder. Am I missing any files??

Lets see what I can come up with.

Hi.

I have checked the default.xml you sent me and it you have followed the steps correctly and on my system using your default.xml the autogen displays for Santorini.

You appear to have no missing files from your screenshot above.

Can you ensure that you have placed default.xml under Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen?

I can see no reason for it not to work.

Archived