Jetways

marvic

• Deputy Sheriffs

As has been asked and answered for other add-on sceneries, to get accurate jetways, the developer uses custom bridges. I don't know of a scenery designer off-hand that uses the FSX jetways, although there could be one.

You use an add-on like AES get moveable jetways in Fairbanks X. The AES product page is here.

Edit: Matt, you beat me to it.

• Upvote 1

Rather dissapointing that I have to spend MORE money to get the jetways working. I knew it was AES compatable, I did not realize it was mandatory. Back to Cargo Planes. FYI, never asked about GSX , I use it and know it has nothing to do with the jetways. (GSX does not work due to multiple AFCAD's) I guess it is the same answer for Anchorage. Scenery is great. Thanks for the replies.

Hi Marvic,

Even if using Aes needs to spend a little bit more, it gives to you more animations and more realism on the airport. You couldn't have this with only the effect of default airports of moving jetways which sometines don't even work well.

With a single pack of AES credits you can use it for around 3 big airports or 4-5 middle size ones. It's a good deal and you will have fonctions like: De-icing, boarding, deboarding, catering, cleaning trucks, stairs, cargo cars, marshallers, pushback, etc.

It's quite a nice tool.

Regards,

Alex

I am satified with GSX. Sure it does not control Jetways or have de-icing........yet. I fly mainly general avaition and Cargo planes, so Jetways are not a deal breaker. I just removed a few .bgl's and GSX does my Cargo parking areas. Not concerned about AI traffic, I fly online anyway. I Tried a passenger jet and the jetways did not work, thats why I started this post. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

It's plain you have an open mind and are willing to open up your options. It sounds like you can see why Alex, Matt and I suggested AES.

Do I need AES to control the security gate listed on the traffic control utility. The security gate listed on the traffic utility does not open on my system. I liked that the gates opened with the Anchorage X scenery.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mike, tell me a little more about the security gate you asked about. Is it in the FSX version or the FS9 one? I don't see a reference to it on the "LSZHTraffic-Tool" in the installed programs folder off your start menu

AES provides jetways that move in and out to align exactly with the aircraft doors, catering and baggage loaders that also exactly align and other ground service vehicles. It also provides a better interface for pushback onto taxiway centerlines than the guesswork involved with the standard FSX pushback commands. That said, I wouldn't expect AES to provide an interface with the security gate you mentioned.

Thanks for replying Herman, I have the FSX version installed for Fairbanks X so it would be the PAFA Traffic tool. Sorry, I do not have a screen grab available right now but Security is an option on Northern area of the airport, I think it is the northwest side of the airport.

Thanks,

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for replying Herman, I have the FSX version installed for Fairbanks X so it would be the PAFA Traffic tool. Sorry, I do not have a screen grab available right now but Security is an option on Northern area of the airport, I think it is the northwest side of the airport.

Thanks,

Mike

I somehow completely missed you were talking about Fairbanks instead of Zurich. My bad totally! Anyway, fortunately, Oliver answered it for you.