FSFK question...

edrosario

There is something happening that I would like to find a solution. I tried reading the manual but couldn't find anything related. When I open the OPTION window and go to Sound tab, FSFK doesn't allow me to set any parameter, instead, it shows this message:

Sound Setup

DirectX 8 or higher is currently not installed!

I DO have DirectX 9.0c installed in my computer. Any advice/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

edrosario

Note: I use Windows XP with all the latest updates. I'll be glad to provide any info needed.

Ok. Then I guess that this DLL is not correctly registered on your system. Open a command/dos prompt as admin. Now enter the following commands:

1. cd C:\Windows\System32
  2. regsvr32 dx8vb.dll

This should result in a new window telling you that this DLL has been registered. Now check if you can get into the sound profiles.

Hope this helps

Thomas

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok. Then I guess that this DLL is not correctly registered on your system. Open a command/dos prompt as admin. Now enter the following commands:

1. cd C:\Windows\System32

2. regsvr32 dx8vb.dll

This should result in a new window telling you that this DLL has been registered. Now check if you can get into the sound profiles.

Hope this helps

Thomas

That's a new one on me. A tip worth bookmarking for sure.