Again Problem with ASE Modul?

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since I installed Fairbanks X FSX takes a break of about 10 sec. after starting to Welcome screen. That didn't happen before. ASE is version 1.0.0.5

Guest cptawsom

Since I installed Fairbanks X FSX takes a break of about 10 sec. after starting to Welcome screen. That didn't happen before. ASE is version 1.0.0.5

This also happens with 1.0.0.4.

But you won't see it (at least on an SSD system), the first time in a Windows session FSX is loaded, because the splash screen stays on much longer, and the modules are loaded-initialized during that time.

Maria try this:

1. Open FSX.

2. When the welcome screen is presented close FSX.

3. When FSX closes, open it again. Now, depending on your system's RAM (I have 16GB), all or large parts of it are cached, and the splash screen will disappear much sooner, and the welcome screen will appear much sooner (even if you have an SSD - I would assume that the caching makes some of FSX's pieces of initialization code that are indepent of one-another yet run sunchronously according to criteria that caching influences) and then watch for the rotating delta-plane (the renderer window), as it will freeze rotating for about 8-10 seconds. It's the same thing that happened before during the launch of every flight, only now it happens once at FSX launch. Better this way, of course.

Guest cptawsom

Hello cptawson,

please uninstall the Ase-Modules and run the FSX. Crashes the FSX? Thanks

Maria

1. Maria I have added some information on the post above which is relevant. Please see it.

2. I don't have any problems with the 1.0.0.4 ASE modules, other than the little "annoyance" that I describe in the added information above.

3. I don't have Fairbanks. I have Toulouse and Bari, and the 1.0.0.4 ASE modules update you issued, to fix the initial problem with their initialization at the beginning of each flight.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hi,

I installed Saarbrücken and Heraklion today and this insatlled ASE. First try thereafter and FSX crashed when selecting an aircraft at the opening screen. I have then installed ASE 1.0.0.4 and the same happened. I uninstalled ASE and FSX runs normallly. But I guess something will be missing mow at those new airports.

• Developer

Alexander which version is your asedata.dll?

Ich habe ja ASE wieder deinstalliert. Von daher finde ich da nix.

Irgendeine Version war bei Saarbrücken oder Heraklion dabei. Hatte beides gemeinsam installiert und danch kam der Crash. Dann habe ich die ASE Vetsion 1.0.0.4 installiert mit dem gleichen Ergebnis: CRASH!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived