Prepar3d News

Matt_Smith

The Journey Continues with Prepar3D® 1.4

August 15, 2012

The Lockheed Martin team loves hearing about your experiences with Prepar3D® at our forums. The forums also give us an opportunity to listen to your feedback as we continue Prepar3D development.

Based on user input, Prepar3D is launching version 1.4 on Aug. 20. This software release addresses software bugs and performance updates and adds the Mooney Acclaim (from Lionheart Creations) and T-6 Texan (from IRIS Flight Simulation Software) to the aircraft models available out of the box.

With this release, Prepar3D is also certified AMD Eyefinity Gold. AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to six simultaneous displays off a single graphics card for a panoramic training experience.

To download version 1.4 when it is released on the afternoon of August 20, please log in and then go to the Purchased Downloads page. If you are a current Prepar3D user, there is no charge to upgrade.

We hope you find Prepar3D continues to support your learning, mission rehearsal and development objectives. And please keep the feedback coming!

Eagerly awaited, and we get two new toys to boot!

• Upvote 1

Not so thrilled that its a complete reinstall, but at least its development and we haven't had that for many years. Two new planes sweeten the pill, too.

Thanks for the news, Matt. :)

I hope the will do the update to DX11 soon, that 'could' make a huge difference in framerate as a lot that is now done on the CPU can be moved to the GPU.

Yes, but isn't DX11 going to leave a lot of current add-ons unusable ? I believe Sharrow ( Konrad ) said this a good while back.

Paul it most probably will, but it will have the distict advantage of taking a heave burden off your processors and putting it onto our graphics cards where it should be.

• Aerosoft

Yes, but isn't DX11 going to leave a lot of current add-ons unusable ? I believe Sharrow ( Konrad ) said this a good while back.

Yes, I read that. But I do not agree, there will be problems, but DX11 is very solidly backward compatible to DX9. It might be needed to recompile the models to make use of the new options though.

Ah okay Mathijs, well, time will tell. In the meanwhile, there is v1.4 to download. Yes, the complete re-download and installation come every new version is going to be a pain, but what I am seeing in P3D makes such effort worthwhile. Very pleased and very optimistic for our civilian flight simming future! :)

Would just like to notify you guys, those interested, the download is now available.

Thanks Joe. I'll wait till the rush on the servers dies down a little.

• Deputy Sheriffs

[...] and also installed this frame rate limiter;

If you have a Nvidia card I recommend using the 'NVIDIA Inspector' tool to limit the fps and set antialiasing and anisotropic directly outside the application. Works very well (for any application/game), and I use the same settings for FSX and P3D:

http://downloads.gur...nload-2612.html

Here you can find recommended settings for FSX/P3D:

http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/

Eric, I have Nvidia Inspector, and used it with that old long-gone sim...let me think...what was the name of it..ah yes, I remember now...FSX! :lol:

I have yet to use it with P3D, but are you saying that the settings for FSX are good for P3D ? :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Eric, I have Nvidia Inspector, and used it with that old long-gone sim...let me think...what was the name of it..ah yes, I remember now...FSX! :lol:

I have yet to use it with P3D, but are you saying that the settings for FSX are good for P3D ? :)

They work well for me. But of course you are free to experiment and share your perfected settings with us. ;)

Will do, Eric ;) Thanks for reminding me about Nvidia Inspector...with all the deleting of v1.3, downloading and installing v1.4,, then getting REX Essentials sorted out..I had forgotten about Inspector! Thats the next thing to work with.

How are you guys finding the new update?

I like the new Mooney but to comment on the rest of the update, I have to test the product longer. I find the cancel button on the left strange... it's just a minor aesthetic thing but no other application has cancel and to the right ok. I suppose the effect is, making sure that the changes are really wanted and carefully making a choice, instead of hitting "okay" quickly but strange. I think the UI needs more improvements, certain buttons, such as the maximize button go underneath the menu and some menu titles are cut off. The UI also looks bulky but all this is aesthetic, what's done underneath is more important to make the game work better. I found that the clouds use to show black, when the graphic card is not caught up loading but this problem seems to be fixed in the new version.