Motherboard: Gigabyte P55 UD3

CPU: Intel I5 2500K

Graphic card: Sparkle GTX260

Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333

Hard disk: Western Digital 640GB

I want some new features, this could be:

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4

CPU: Intel I5 3570K or I7 3770K?

Graphic card: AMD? Nvidia? what and which one would you prefer? what is your opinion?

Ram: Corsair 8GB CL9 DDR3 1866

Hard disk: Samsung SSD 830 120GB

will FSX run fine with this set up? (with most of the setting sliders to the right except water and Add ons like PMDG NGX, My Traffic X, GAP 2012 etc.)

best regards

marc

Guest IAmNiceify

Am still using i5 2500k with a z68 board tho,mb upgrade the graphic.

I say take Nvidia.mb gtx 680 or 690 will be good enough

thank you!! GTX680,690 are to expensive, I'm sorry.

So Mathijs, 560Ti with 1024 or 2048 MB ram?! I've read your post about SSD and If you say there is much difference, I will believe in you ;)

What about FPS with this system?!

• Aerosoft

I'm looking for 20+, so that everything runs smooth :)...what are your settings?! fully right?! ;)

All fully right is just not clever. Some settings there are for VFR and some for airliner IFR flight. Why would you have dense mesh and tens of thousands of trees when you cruise at 42.000 feet? And why would you have a lot of airline traffic when you are hugging the trees?

• Upvote 1

thank you dmbusmc!!!

But two questions left, which manufacturer for the 560TI 2048MB (evga, asus etc.)?! And I5 or I7 ?

Im matters very little which brand name graphics card you go for. They are all very much the same as one and other. Choose one and stick with that. As for i5 or 7, if money permits i7 always.

• Upvote 1

All fully right is just not clever. Some settings there are for VFR and some for airliner IFR flight. Why would you have dense mesh and tens of thousands of trees when you cruise at 42.000 feet? And why would you have a lot of airline traffic when you are hugging the trees?

I see that point clearly but at a specific point of your flight you start your descent and your approach so you will come closer to the ground and then you want some e.g. trees etc, so that you have a nice detailed environment. You know what I mean?!