Prepar 3D;

wingnut

Hello;

I have a question,will this work in Prepar 3D,if so,I tried installing,and received this message about the GLD3?,I have Windows 7,64bit,installed on the D-drive.

Thanks;

Mark

• Developer

No, P3D is not supported, because the Vistamare Modules are not compatible to P3D. I Have no info's yet, when they will be available.

• 1 month later...

Hello;

Thank you for your reply.

Mark

Hi Oliver,

understood that AES is not available for Prepar3D at the moment. What about the sceneries GAP, Balears, etc...all that come with AES light and AES support are they possible to install in P3D? Will there be the jetways and traffic?

So far any news about the module compatibility? I think many FSX users who look for shifting to Prepar3D are hunting for AES support in P3D :)

Thanks,

Axel

• Developer

All this based on the Vistamare Modules and as long as I don't get this modules adapted for P3D from Maurizio, all AESlite/AES parts could not work in P3D.

I still wait for this of Maurizio, but I have no info from him yet, maybe he is doing other things in summer :)

All this based on the Vistamare Modules and as long as I don't get this modules adapted for P3D from Maurizio, all AESlite/AES parts could not work in P3D.

I still wait for this of Maurizio, but I have no info from him yet, maybe he is doing other things in summer :)

Summer has gone, well at least in Northern Europe :D Hopefully you get a reply soon, AES is veeery important, the counter part cannot replace it ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Oliver,

Please excuse my not understanding. Who is Maurizio? Is he a P3D person?

regards

Kelvin

No, he is not from Lockheed, he is the developer of the Vistamare modules, AES needs to run.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any update on this issue? It's been 2 years since the initial release of Prepar3d. I am a loyal customer and supporter of Aerosoft, however this slow progress to port a .DLL file to Prepar3d irritates me quite a bit...

Is there any update on this issue? It's been 2 years since the initial release of Prepar3d. I am a loyal customer and supporter of Aerosoft, however this slow progress to port a .DLL file to Prepar3d irritates me quite a bit...

Hi. As has been said several times, Vista Mare is not developped by Aerosoft, nor by Oliver Pabst, so he can just wait that (if) it will be ported. Hopefully it will. Im not shure if Maurizio is from Lokheed either, because I guess they would be interested in converting the modules faster if they also own the simulator itself and quite some add ons rely on the vistamare modules.

I think it means to be patient, they all developpers that do the work in their freetime, so we can be glad for what they did and not always ask for even more.

Regareds Beat.

Hi Guys,

I can see both perspectives here. One that says I want to get on and use AES. The other that says well it's a Vistamare issue and Olicer is dependant on that third party updating the dll.

Can I just put a commercial slant on this: Seeing that this thread has had over 800 viewers there is obviously some interest. Without entering the P3D v FSX debate there is obviously a large number of flyers now using P3D (I myself are currently migrating from FS9 to P3D). So it makes commercial sense in future credit sales for Aerosoft to want to get AES working in the new environment.

Have we not reached a point where Aerosoft should formally contact Vistamare and establish whether a new DLL is going to be produced or not. I feel that many AES users, including myself, would reluctantly accept that there will not be a P3D AES should this be the case. I guess it is the continuing uncertainty of whether Vistamare intend, or maybe are working, to produce a new DLL that causes such frustration.

Just my thoughts.

regards

Kelvin

Hi Oliver,

Since this post was created (August) do you have any status of Vistamare modules for P3D from Maurizio? Because Aerosoft keeps releasing sceneries to P3D but without no animations regarding the incompatibilities of VM modules. Please we need AES & AES Lite in our airports ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have any news on this matter? P3D is getting more popular by the day (especially after the launch of the academic license), and it's really a shame for such an amazing addon such as AES not to be compatible with P3D. Hopefully, there will be a solution. Eagerly awaiting news!

Thanks, George.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

As Oliver, the developer of AES, stated in post #2, compatability with P3D is dependent on changes needed to the Vistamare module. Vistamare is the copyrighted property of Maurizio (from page 3 of the manual), so someone else writing one to do the same thing has to be mindful of copyright issues. As Oliver stated in post #5 and Otto clarified in post #9, the ball is in Maurizio's court, and unless he visits this thread and chooses to respond, there's no updates to be had.

I know you guys would really like to see AES working in P3D, but there's just no point in asking further about it. Time to let this go and let Oliver/Maurizo answer when and if they're ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Aerosoft guys thought about creating their own module to replace the Vistamare one, so they would no longer be dependant on a 3rd party developer?

The silence here is deafening!? I have not been able to use my AES since I transferred to Prepar3d over one year ago but have come back to Aerosoft to fly their amazing AirbusX Extended with Prepar3d. The checklist procedures include AES so I think it is overdue for somebody to come up with a solution and I am sure it is not rocket science. For the record I would not expect it for free and would pay for any upgrade.

Hi all,

this is a never ending story. If they can´t get in contact with the developer then they should start a plan B and solve the problem in an other way or tell us that they can´t. There are more and more people switching to P3D and GSX. Is this the desire of Aerosoft. I think it is.

kind regards

• 2 months later...

Missing my AES on P3D...

I've spent almost a hundred euros on serials, and now I can't use them.

It would be more than nice to see AES on P3D, perhaps there's a chance that the developer of the Vistamare.dll adapts it.. I'd highly appreciate it :)

Archived